ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The iPhone thread

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Im still on the first 1.0.2 firmware with my US iphone.

Ive been thinking of going over to the latest 1.1.3....so all i need to so is install the update through itunes and then run the ziphone app:S

Also is it possible for me to go back to the first 1.0.2 firmware if i wanted?

Thanks

Rav4
Yes, you can go back to the original firmware, just re-store your phone.

I used Ziphone and it did everything for me, MAC version.

I could not get the links from the website working so I found it somewhere else.

Thanks,

G.

Audi TT 225
Get this, girlfriend was out on Saturday night....went to the loo and dropped the iphone in the toilet...where is sat for a bit while she fumbled about in her bag, went to leave, saw it, fished it out....wasn't working of course. Following morning i did a soft reboot....turns on...all working!!! Camera is now a little murky but it all frickin works....can't f**king believe it. lucky biatch! Good thing it's all sealed up i guess...

She got lucky. Jumped in a swimming pool with my first one and it fried. Its not sealed at all as water gets in the headphone socket.

106 GTi
According to reports on Macrumours there is also some kind of water sensor near the headphone jack to make sure there is no dispute on warranty claims from water damage, no sure how much of that is true or scaremongering.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
looks quite good but nothing particularly new about it...can get non sony ones which do all that already right?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Some of the current batch do not function 100% with the iPhone, this has it listed as compatible.

Rav4
Battery.

Charged for 10 hours.

7.00am disconnected from charging.

41 mins of video watching (lost season 3 episode 2)
25 mins of music

2 calls both around 2-3 mins long

Wifi on since 7.00am

My battery is now half.

would yours be about the same?

Going to watch lost on the way home, so another 41 mins or so.

Dont think the battery will last.

Am I expecting too much or should it be on around 1/4 + not 1/2

Thanks,

G.

SLK 350
^Indeed it wasn't until I told the guys in local Apple Store that none of the existing docks worked with iPhone that they were aware either, bit of a fk up from Apple IMO.

SLK 350
Gabi lower your screen brightness a touch, disable Wifi if not in use. It'll take a few charges for your battery to reach optimum condition I get 2 days out of mine with moderate usage.

Rav4
Cheers Hoff,

Brightness is on 1/2

Wifi is normally always on but I have turned it off now.

Still better than the 8800 !!

What a lovely phone this iphone is.

Trying to find a percentage bar hack :)

All I need now is a PDF of the tube maps and I all set to go

Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Got my iPhone all up and runnin 2nyte and have 2 say im so pleased with it! Just getting used 2 it and testin everything out!
just wondered is there any other MSN messenger apps for iphone tht are better than meebo?? Also if you download th flash plug in.. Does it work with things like iplayer??

SLK 350
Sweet, any good changes Tom?

*Edit, dont rush to update - nothing new and exciting at all. Certainly no exchange integration or sync via BT/WLAN*

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
I've updated to 1.1.4 and cannot see any changes at all so it must have been a minor bug fix.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Location works better than before. Keyboard settings look tweaked.
Oh and mail works properly everytime now. Before it would hang and piss about.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Apparently iTunes now offers iPhone sync support with Outlook 2007 contact groups. I use a Mac so cannot say if this works or not.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Was the On-The-Go iPod playlist option already there?

EDIT:

Yes it was :)

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
It's just a bug fix and not really a update of anything, that will hopefully arrive soon with the SDK. I'd like to see Flash support added.

Rav4
Battery.

I have left the wifi turned off all day and the battery is still full, that includes a 37 min video on 60% brightness and a 10 mintute conversation.

Dont know if the battery life is getting better or if the wifi makes a huge difference.

Have not installed 1.1.4 yet, will try later, I pressume I will need to Ziphone it again?

So far, the phone really is supeb. Just need exchange.

Cannot wait for revision 2.

What cases do you guys have ? I bought the £6.99 rubber ones from o2, they are ok, but make the phone look twice the size in thickness.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'd not rush into the 1.1.4 update until Ziphone had been fully tested with it. I think for now it will not unlock the iPhone.

Battery life definitely improves over time.

I always leave wifi on and can still get 2 days use without much problem. Having said that I usually always charge every phone I have owned every night.

Last edited:

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Is it possible just to donwload 1.1.3?

Ive just gone to update my US original 1.0.2 firmware but now 1.1.4's out its trying to update to that but unsure if thats unlockable or not?

Is there a direct link to 1.1.3?

Thanks

Clio 1.4 Dynamique
could someone pls explain about these iPhone updates 1.1.4 etc?? I have recently got one and I checked and its version 1.1.2
so obviously I wuld like the latest version..but does my iphone have to b jailbroken?? And does it wipe everything when u do it?
Sorry for th essay!
cheers

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
If you are using a standard unhacked iPhone on a official tariff then you simply connect it to iTunes and it will allow you to update the firmware if your computer has a active net connection.

Rav4
stupidly dropped my iphone last night on the road.

Scratches all over the back, some deep.

So annoyed.

(didnt have the case on for 2mins and this happens)

Rav4
Yes, but not worth claiming, its scratches, not cracked, just pissed off with myself more than anything.

Problem is, everyone in the company with company mobiles wants one now!