ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The iPhone thread

SLK 350
Well as I got one over the weekend, I was looking for the best applications and games people have stumbled on so far, appreciate it if people would add things as they find them.

Stumbled on an IM web app last night on a site called "Beejive" that I'm using for MSN, also found 'Scenario Poker' but that's all I can add right now lol.

Anybody got any native apps that run on the iPhone itself?

Ta!

Black Gold 182
Have u jailbroken it?

If so search for Blazes Ultimate Sources and put the web address in the add source section.

This brings up all needed sources and just check out everything...

Citroen DS3 DSport
mockdock is worth a look if you have a non jailbroken iPhone but still want access to plenty of web apps.

meebo.com for messaging, seeqpod.com/iphone for music tracks.

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
I'd prefer for them to release a 3G version with mms support, the 8gb iPhone I have has plenty of storage space for my needs.

Citroen DS3 DSport
If the predicted price of £329 is correct then I think plenty of people will continue to buy the 8gb model.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The US Apple store is down but the UK is still online so maybe the announcement is not for the UK.

Could be true though as it is now listed on Apple UK as iPhone 8gb, I think previously the main listing only said iPhone.

Last edited:
  SLK 350
Not bothering to jailbreak mine until 1.1.4 comes out which should be Feb sometime, I've heard jailbreaking 1.1.3 is fairly pointless?

One thing that really pishes me off with the iPhone is not being able to BT other phones/computers...what sort of bad joke is that. The rest of it is superb :)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
can't jailbreak 1.1.3 i thought?

if you haven't jailbroken your missing out on the best apps imo. GBA, snes and nes emulators. summerboard, customize, swirlymms, apollo IM.

Audi TT 225
If you jailbreak it you won't be able to use gprs or edge so be careful if you have a legit contract.

Citroen DS3 DSport
If you jailbreak it you won't be able to use gprs or edge so be careful if you have a legit contract.

That's not true, I know two people using a iPhone this way with no problems at all. Three if I include myself before I reverted to standard.

Audi TT 225

That's not true, I know two people using a iPhone this way with no problems at all. Three if I include myself before I reverted to standard.

I dunno how then as myself nor any of my friends were able to so we all went back to standard.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I used the new unlock/jailbreak program and it all works perfectly in under 3 minutes. My UK 1.1.3 iPhone is now able to accept any sim card.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Both worked for me but Youtube was fecked. Apparently this is not the experience of everyone though so I'd recommend you do a fresh 1.1.3 restore before applying the jailbreak.

Citroen DS3 DSport
No they all remain. Perform a sync with iTunes beforehand and it'll backup everything anyway.

SLK 350
Right Jailbroke it last night with that tool, following things don't work now:

-Youtube "cannot connect to youtube" but videos from my last search will play.

-Google locate me, won't find my current location.

Plus side the rest of it is working fine, added some apps and things although a lot of them still don't work in 1.1.3 it seems.

Can anybody point me towards or PM me some good sources for ROMs and other goodies as I only have the default sources at present.

Thanks!

106 GTi
After the two hours it took me to crack 1.1.2 I am scared to upgrade now everything works !

Citroen DS3 DSport
Google Maps can be fixed my installing a app called Navizon. Youtube seems to be a common problem, same happened to me.

Last edited: