ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The iPhone thread

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yes it's a full unlock and Jailbreak inc activation for 1.1.3 and 1.1.2 iPhones with bootloader 4.6

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
nice. i been using turbo sim for a few months now on my 1.1.2 oob. Don't think 1.1.3 will be worth the hassle though tbh.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Ok guys tom has questions

Im running on T-Mobile so i have edge/wifi on my contract. So data is covered.

• How does voicemail work, can i get a plugin/app to make the voicemail button dial a number?
  • MMS?
  • Youtube/Googlemaps die with the hack, this can't be fixed?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
voicemail will work as normal, i didn't even need to configure it on mine.

MMS is supported by swirly mms program although it's hard to setup and can't gurantee it will work on tmobile. it can work though...sure updates will gurantee it.

youtube can definitely be fixed. my 1.1.2 didn't have a problem with googlemaps but there is a workaround on 1.1.3 i believe

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah I posted a workaround earlier in this thread for Google Maps.

Voicemail is easily setup to work as it does on your existing contract.

MMS is supported via a 3rd party app but I'm not sure how you configure this for anything other than 02.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
look for bigboss rom pack, that'll help but tbh best roms you'll have to winscp them over.

'05 182
neither of them versions are working for me :( tried the GUI and the cmd versions and neither of them work! it get s to searching for iphone then just stops? anyone had this problem?

Audi TT 225
The link posted on page 2 worked perfectly for me and my iPhone works 100%, not even any problems with youtube or google maps.

SLK 350
I've a question:

How do you revert to 1.1.3 (unhacked) as the other night I attempted a restore back to 1.1.3 via iTunes and after a bit of a wait I got an error message and it didn't work.

So anybody had success with rolling back to the official FW?

SLK 350
Any issues with yours?

I used the Ziphone 1.0 GUI, only tried the once but it wasn't having any of it. Shall try again tonight.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I could not place web links on the Home screen but I've restored to 1.1.3 and used Ziphone v2.2 GUI this morning and all is working perfectly. v2.1 had one or two bugs that are now fixed.

Revels Mum & Sister
I jailbroke my old mans 1.1.2 and SSH across so he could use a O2 sim.

Just upgraded to 1.1.3 and jailbroke and unlocked it. Working a treat with my T-Mobile sim :)

Revels Mum & Sister
V2.0 worked fine for me. I first tried unlocking 1.1.2 which was allready jailbroken, then upgraded to 1.1.3 via itunes then ran jailbreak worked fine ;)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've restored back to the official Apple 1.1.3 OS. The Jailbreak was good but I found the handset to be less reliable. The data connection would occasionally not work and the phone would require a reboot at least once per day. Maybe this happens if you have ran only a Jailbreak on a o2 tariff rather than a full unlock and activate for use with any network.

Recaro Black Gold 182
I can't beleive how easy this is, i upgraded to 1.1.3 via iTunes and then ran ZiPhone and voila, its unlocked, jailbroken, everything. No need for NextSIM, TurboSIM etc.

Rav4
Once it has full exchange support I will get one. Seems easy to get a standard o2 sim to work in there.

Revels Mum & Sister
I've restored back to the official Apple 1.1.3 OS. The Jailbreak was good but I found the handset to be less reliable. The data connection would occasionally not work and the phone would require a reboot at least once per day. Maybe this happens if you have ran only a Jailbreak on a o2 tariff rather than a full unlock and activate for use with any network.

Old man is using an O2 PAYG SIM at the moment and has not reported any problems with 1.1.3 Jailbroken

Audi TT 225
I'm not having any problems with my o2 iPhone tariff either. Everything running as it should.

'05 182
I'm not having any problems with my o2 iPhone tariff either. Everything running as it should.

ditto!

I have found that theres a few apps which are not yet able to run on 1.1.3 which is abit rubbish! Does anyone have a MMS app which can be used on 1.1.3 by any chance?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Get this, girlfriend was out on Saturday night....went to the loo and dropped the iphone in the toilet...where is sat for a bit while she fumbled about in her bag, went to leave, saw it, fished it out....wasn't working of course. Following morning i did a soft reboot....turns on...all working!!! Camera is now a little murky but it all frickin works....can't f**king believe it. lucky biatch! Good thing it's all sealed up i guess...

Rav4
Just a note for googlemail users on the iphone,

The iphone will not send emails from your handset unless you authenticate SMTP too. You will otherwise get an SMTP error.

Thanks,

Gabi.

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
Gmail working fine for me too other than the occasional time where it is unable to connect to the gmail servers.

I setup my account using the Gmail button found within the Mail app on first launch.