ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The end life of a clio

1.5 Clio Dynamique
what mileage are clios expected to live upto (especially the 1.2)

as mine will be approaching 99k next week :s

youve been lucky to make it this far

but seriously..it depends on service history etc i guess

Evo 6, E92 320d
Serviced well it should see 150k , i think there was one posted on here a while back that had hit 200k lol.

EDIT:Just noticed yours is an RN, it going to die tomorrow.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've seen plenty of ex driving school cars with over 140k on them.

The most I ever saw on a 1.2 was a red heap of s**t that some bloke lived in. It was disgusting. Food/dirt/hair everywhere. Had 188k on it.

Golf GTD Mk7
thought most modern engines tend to last upto 150-200k these days? obvioulsy dependant on how it was maintained.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
That Trophy on here which went for circa 50p is going well on 150k by all accounts. :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Was driving a mk1 1.4 with 155k on it yesterday that seems to have been ragged from cold every day for the last year at least. I doubt it'll see 160k!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I've got the 8v with 90-odd thousand on it, was an RN base spec but i've changed that slightly... feels like its got forever left in it, but it has had every repair going.....

Just a few of the things its had done...

Head gasket
Cambelt failure so rebuild there...
Clutch
Both rear wheel bearings

Clio 1.2
mines going ok at 35k on a 04 plate
had a new clutch in at 33k like then got a letter of renault saying i need my cam belt doing :(

1998 BMW e46 323i
My 172 is on 104k. Had 2 new rear wheel bearings, on it's third exhaust (stainless this time). Second set of front discs. Still on original box and clutch and even original rear discs, although they're shagged. Still sounds and goes well. Apart from squeaky belt on a coldstart and noisy a/c compessor. Serviced regularly since I got it at 32k. Could last another 50k or go bang in 10 mins time! Wouldn't lose sleep over it.