ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The American Dream - My Knight Rider KITT Project :-)

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
love it long time! pls change wheels though!love to see it in the metal if you are ever down Essex way?!?!?

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Bowling ball wheels need to go on, then the outside's finished isn't it?

Bowling balls are on lol :)
50079299-941b-3e17.jpg

Gold rims just need making silver. But yeah technically other than the gold to silver he's externally finished

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Would you hire it out when done?

I am very interested, am fully insured and very careful :)

He will be available for chauffeur driven hire to weddings/parties/etc when he's done but not self drive hire no. Too much money invested to take the risk. I won't even let my best mates drive him tbh.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Is there a nice quick easy way to make my wheel rims silver without having to remove the tyres etc etc etc????

Clio Mk2 DCI 68
Loving this, I am old enough to remember fondly watching 80's shows like Knightrider, fall guy, chips and dukes of hazard etc. This car is epic and you deserve a pat on the back for sticking with it. Keep at it! You are nearly there now, and yes sod the neighbours - they will have to just get used to it and get a life.
Steve

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
The gullwing is finally on! My god that was a LOT of effort! Looks poop without the dash so no pics yet ;) but dash shell is repaired and ready for paint so it's all in motion now! Took him for a wee spin and f**k me it's bizzarre driving with that thing!!!!! Jesus! Gonna take some gettin used to!
In other news my replacement correct sized hubcap has arrived so will get that on soon then it's all hands to the pump to get him looking spot on ready for Knightcon on September 1st!! :)

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Red logo is being painted on by the missis as we speak!
1f50c643-1674-5664.jpg

That's her concentrating face! Wasn't even going to try and do that myself as my hands shake like a bugger lol

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Oh and the dash repairs nearly complete. My mates done a cracking job. Just needs finishing touches, sanding then painting!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Yeah basically :) need to put a rear fog light under his back bumper (b*****d MOT) and fit the front running lights. Oh and paint the rims silver.
Inside there is the upper console which I have but still need all the buttons and blinky lights for. Then the lower console which I have yet to buy which will also need dummy buttons etc etc
Mechanically I still need new handbrake cables before MOT time and the brakes could generally do with an overhaul. New 2nd hand exhaust is on its way to replace the bodge job done by the previous clown who owned him.
At some point he also needs new decent tyres to replace the shite nankangs also installed by the last owner!
Ummmm then I think he's done! Somewhere down the line I really want to get the correct PMD seats but there stupidly expensive. At least £600 then they ineveiatebly will need recovering (another £400+) which is mad just for some seats!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
It's already a KITT replica on the outside, which is the important bit tbh.

If I saw a perfect Knight Rider cruise past me on the street, it'd make my day better,
the inside will get done it'll just take time, getting it road worthy is the hard bit considering what you started with.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
It's amazing how far its come. It's been that long since I got him I've all but forgotten how fooked it was back in December. When I look back on the photos it's shocking! Yeah the important bits are done :) don't mind waiting for the finishing touches now :)

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Well I don't know whether to scream or cry or what. Brake fluid resovoir is at top near the turbo scoop. When my mate was messing with it to check the levels he must not have clipped it down properly. This has caused it to splatter out of the turbo cowl all over the top of the hood. Paints ruined. Dunno what to do whether I can get it touched up or something but with him being off the road getting him to a body shop again is neigh on impossible. :(
5f94447f-1880-2241.jpg

He also has developed a major coolent leak, dunno ifnits connected but got that to somehow sort now.
Sometimes I really wish I hadn't started this.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Brilliant! I know who's car that is too lol. Notice how it's the hardtop not the correct t-top ;) pah amateurs!!! No just kidding other than that Steves is one of the best replicas. Fully working season 3 dash. Pmd seats. Stunning car! Do have to question where his bowling balls have gone mind. They were on there last time I saw it.

In other news anyone local to me who's good at spraying fancy coming and sorting my hood out? I'm terrified of ruining it!