ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The American Dream - My Knight Rider KITT Project :-)

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Many thanks are owed to my good friend dave who works at kirad as je has saved me a small fortune by fixing kitts scanner go me!!! Should have it back on (with sound!) by the end of the week!!
In other news the broken dash is a write off. Gonna have to get a new one but again kirad have rescued me and are doing it for a steal :)
Then just need to get my electronics back from other dave who's been doing my overlays and can finally get them installed! Gullwing wheel is all prepped for primer n paint then just need a quick release steering hub (if anyone has a spare I would be eternally grateful!!!) and that can then be fitted!
Only just over a month till Knightcon so need to crack on!!!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
This may sound a bit weird mate but being an avid fan of Knight Rider, I don't suppose you have a copy of 'Goliath Returns'?! I can't find it anywhere!

This car is ace, I was gonna do a KITT blag myself for a euro road trip holiday with an old ford probe!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
When the probe came out I have to say my first thought was "put a scanner on that and it'll look a bit like kitt!" lol

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
s**t horrible old scanner removed today ready for new one arriving at end of week. Also tinkered with the lights and now have properly working brake lights!
5f944682-771c-274a.jpg

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Tbh its a cheap nasty one I wish I hadnt bought :( been sanded filed sanded and filled some more and still looks like s**t. Can't afford a replacement though sadly :(

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
1f528c6d-446b-0cca.jpg

Headliner and trim all in now. Need to work out a way of holding it up properly as the original clips are fucked lol.
Pretty much all standard stuff in now. Gullwing has been sent to one of my KR forum friends to tidy up so then that can go in then big bit is the bloody dash which is a long way off being possible.
1f528c6d-44e2-f099.jpg

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
My good friend has been and started working on the engine tune up! He's already running better now :) actually firing on all cylinders again and sounding like a v8 again!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
New scanner fitted today :)
5f94461b-d4d4-d3d2.jpg

Oil change and gasket change tommorrow all going to plan and assuming the couriers actually f**king deliver on time for once.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Need £400 for the replacement dash shell and another £205 for the bloody electronic overlays and switchpods which is not good when my boss doesn't pay me properly and our lass is on a shitty apprentice wage.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Been an up ad down week. Had more bad financial news in my personal life..... But kitt is still a priority.
Gullwing is now sanded properly and ready for painting. Scott hopes to have it back with me next week.
5f97a656-2392-9f44.jpg

News on the dash that got broken..... I've found someone to fix it so that's all in progress now. My electronics are still being tweaked but all the overlays are all done and dusted. Can't wait to get them back!
5f97a656-24d0-40d3.jpg

5f97a656-24e0-b187.jpg

5f97a656-24ef-de23.jpg

5f97a656-24ff-617d.jpg

And finally now he's running on full power did another quick vid of me coming up the street in him lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTFE-s7GDmg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Loving the drive by!

Fix the wheels though it doesn't look right them being gold

53 Clio's & counting
Thaose gold wheels need to go badly! And i am so disappointed with that vid, when did you EVER see KITT do a 3 point turn!?? That should have been a perfect doughnut oppo! Don't worry about the house owners, they may have came running out in discust, but upon seeing it was KITT they would understand you were chasing after some bad guys, and were close to throwing some chap over the bonnet and into a suspicously conveniently placed pile of empty cardboard boxes

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Ha ha he doesn't as yet have a functioning handbrake so 180 turns are a bit hard at the moment! And I might paint the wheels when I get new tyres......

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Oh and my neighbours are the most awfully horrible people. One lodged a noise complaint with the council when I was tuning him and another told me she is disgusted by the car as it doesn't suit the neighbourhood. Jesus its a shitty cul de sac in huddersfield. Snotty b**ch thinks it wisteria lane ffs!! Doesn't help there all about 70 and on deaths door!!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
If I was closer i'd come round and lower the house prices for them,
they'll think you're a f*cking saint if I come to stay for a week. ;)

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Fitted the t top weatherstrip today and think its fitted okay. Might need more sealant. Tried to get the stock wheel off to fit the gullwing but the things stuck on tight. Gonna have to invest in a steering wheel puller I think to get it off which is bloody annoying. Just another setback to get past I suppose. Took a nice dusk shot before I put him to bed though.
1f4b7958-8805-148e.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Awesome, steering wheel looks really great, much better now.

You've got to be pretty brutal with steering wheels sometimes, so man up ;) (or get a rubber mallet on it)

53 Clio's & counting
Give the middle of the wheel a whack with a hammer a few times to try to break the seal, then Grab the top of the wheel with one hand, the bottom in the other - don't pull with both hands together, heave ho pulling top then bottm and really give it some stick -it will come off

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Leave the nut on the shaft a few turns otherwise u will break ur nose... Just get angry with it lol, wrench top and bottom then side to side.