ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The American Dream - My Knight Rider KITT Project :-)

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
More pics soon guys ran into major wiring issues so putting interior back in is delayed! Dash is nearly ready though so thays a bonus!!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Started to test fit the interior today so took a couple of quick pics! Sorry there shitty iPhone quality but here they are. He needs a wash too btw ha ha!
5f97a608-9170-ad2c.jpg

5f97a608-9180-7a01.jpg

5f97a608-9193-74e0.jpg

5f97a608-91a8-1107.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Not exactly the rapier like speed of the original, but at least the thing works.

Also is your Mrs a midget, or was she sat on the floor? ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Who the hell were this bodyshop????

Not only have they done a pony job of spraying it, but they've ruined some wiring too? How did they manage this?

Can you get some HD pics of the body work???

Someone like Gally should be able to comment on whether it's acceptable or fixable??

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Who the hell were this bodyshop????

Not only have they done a pony job of spraying it, but they've ruined some wiring too? How did they manage this?

Can you get some HD pics of the body work???

Someone like Gally should be able to comment on whether it's acceptable or fixable??

It was a German fella that had done a KITT before (albeit better)
And yeah I'm honna clean him up and get some decent pics ASAP!
Already spoken to Lewis and he's gonna take a look at it as he has detailed 2 of my clios now ha ha

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Not exactly the rapier like speed of the original, but at least the thing works.

Also is your Mrs a midget, or was she sat on the floor? ;)

Ha ha no she's not it's just a massive massive car ha ha, even I look small sat in it :)
And she was terrified of crashing it so didn't dare floor it!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
I'm incredibly unfit ha ha I'd run up the road to film it...... Now once our lass has done her calendar photo shoot featuring kitt..... That's spank the monkey territory lol

M16a
Looks epic. Getting there now.

There is a guy who has one in Dumbarton (just outside Glasgow) which I pass everyday on my way to work.
He's just primered it in his driveway, for at least the second time, as the paintwork was terrible, I could even tell just by driving by.
It rained shortly after he had done this and there is patches of black showing through the primer again already..

Oh, and where did you get the EDF energy guy/thing? I want to get one for the mother.. She has this strange liking to him/it..

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a come down from the posh truck and clunge mechanic he had in the show,
but he looks happy in there with all the half used tins of paint. ;)

Would you ever consider a re-spray far in the future to convert it into KARR?
I bet you'd have the only one in the country.

karrfd47ne.jpeg

Although I don't remember it being half white, I thought it was exactly the same as KITT?

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Bit of a come down from the posh truck and clunge mechanic he had in the show,
but he looks happy in there with all the half used tins of paint. ;)

Would you ever consider a re-spray far in the future to convert it into KARR?
I bet you'd have the only one in the country.

karrfd47ne.jpeg

Although I don't remember it being half white, I thought it was exactly the same as KITT?

It was two tone grey/black - and looked shat.

I wonder if the OP is going to re-create portable KITT in the ghetto blaster when the body was being repaired? or even add the super pursuit bodykit from season 3?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Super Pursuit mode was sh*t I never liked it,
iirc it was only introduced due to poor ratings in an attempt to revamp the show.

I don't remember the ghetto blaster KITT. lol

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
KARR isn't as rare as ya might think actually there's a few guys who have made a KITT then decided to buy another and make KARR lol. wish I could afford to ha ha!
And nah I hated SPM kitt it looked stupid with those bloody air brakes ha ha!

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Everyone needs an April in their garage though. She was smokin.
Many a child hood bashing was had.

53 Clio's & counting
looks like it's coming together slowly mate! Will be good once the dash is done, though at least if the bosywork is finished it will look like KITT to 80% of the general public lol

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Yeah now it's all externally done the interior is more for my indulgence ha ha :) driving him around the stares you get are amazing ha ha

53 Clio's & counting
I bet! When I was in Florida last October I saw a replica* - looked just awesome driving past

* Well I say a replica, I didn't see anyone driving it :S

;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Been machined polished? Still look a little dull, certainly not deep, but that could be your camera skills... :rasp:

Get those wheels/tyres done and the outside will look lovely!