ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tax on a DCI if you put a sport engine into it.

185lb/ft dCi
Because conversations evolve. If you're unable to grasp this concept then how the hell you manage in society is beyond me. It's still related to the start of this thread, and isn't offensive. If every thread was how you describe, you could lock it after the first reply. The board would be frequented by a handful of nobody, and would exist purely so someone could say 'on the forum I run...' when browsing other forums.

TBH I can see why Cliodci sucks. Their administration/moderation team don't know what a conversation is!

Not offensive?

Here's an example:

LOL.

How much work and money would that take, to save what, a couple of hundred quid per year?

Good crack round your way I presume?

clio dci 80, didn't even say he was doing a conversion yet people jump to conclusion yet again. This is what my whole point was about, but instead 'the band wagon' come to save the day yet again because they have nothing better to do than pos unwanted information on here.

And i'll go back to your first point, conversations evolve, you're sure right, taking digs at my website. thanks for that unwanted opinion, AGAIN.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
funniest thing ive heared all week, you sure youre mates isnt a rep.... or are you taking ot to 4k and then changing like in the dci. you prefer 5 doors as you dont like 2 doors and you prefer dervs to petrels with 70 more bhp? how old are you exactly? 96

the funnyest thing ive heard all week is your above post considering i own both cars.

182 Trophy
oh so that 190flb is standard is it? therefore you own both but one is mapped?
nice and fair as per yet the 172 will still piss the john deer off all day

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Blimey you find arguments in the most unlikely topics these days..

EXACTLY. Only asked as it was a passing thought bloody hell. And to Joeh I never once said my dci was faster but it does feel faster if you drove both cars one after the other you would realise what i mean. I realise how much money and work would be involved and it just wouldn't be beneficial.

Better than yours. C*nt.
I've owned a dCi and a 182. I did a little bit of tuning on both.

Don't take the piss. The dCi wouldn't see the heels of the 182 past 5mph. f**king LOL at some of the comedy that this place brings.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I've owned a dCi and a 182. I did a little bit of tuning on both.

Don't take the piss. The dCi wouldn't see the heels of the 182 past 5mph. f**king LOL at some of the comedy that this place brings.

at the end of the day i own and drive both, straight line flying thru the revs the 172 is a good bit faster, but not that much faster that it would pull a great deal of distance over the course of a few bends! the dci will still quite happily redline @ 130 where the 172 will run out of puff at just over 140, and where the 172 slowly pulls to its top speed the dci just pulls and pulls, then drops off the power and stops so getting there doesnt take a while!

as ive said i own both, i have previously owned an extremely fast 172, i have no reason to be biassed towards the dci, im just giving credit where credit is due

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
at the end of the day i own and drive both, straight line flying thru the revs the 172 is a good bit faster, but not that much faster that it would pull a great deal of distance over the course of a few bends! the dci will still quite happily redline @ 130 where the 172 will run out of puff at just over 140, and where the 172 slowly pulls to its top speed the dci just pulls and pulls, then drops off the power and stops so getting there doesnt take a while!

as ive said i own both, i have previously owned an extremely fast 172, i have no reason to be biassed towards the dci, im just giving credit where credit is due

Best let mike get on with it mate, he will only throw a hissy fit and get banned again.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Just LOL. I really don't get this place sometimes. First it's supercar 1*2s, now it's supercar 1*2-beating 1.5 litre diesels!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Just LOL. I really don't get this place sometimes. First it's supercar 1*2s, now it's supercar 1*2-beating 1.5 litre diesels!

Mike I'm beggining to believe you must be a bit dense. No one in this thread has said the dcils are faster or better. Maybe you just like trying to be a hero and mugging people off, but tbh its getting a bit boring now. All that was said that it the dci feels faster even thought it isn't, by a long mile. Tbh I couldn't care less which was fastest, its about what you enjoy the most.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
its just torque and a different power delivery, my mate has a remapped fabia VRS which felt twice as quick as my 172 did, turned out their wasnt anything in it the 172 just edged forward a bit

MCS R56
its just torque and a different power delivery, my mate has a remapped fabia VRS which felt twice as quick as my 172 did, turned out their wasnt anything in it the 172 just edged forward a bit

Exactly, all the thrust arrives quickly, low down in the rev range, which makes it feel a lot quicker.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ideal for day to day driving when you cant be bothered putting in any effort driving quick, i just sink the boot in 5th gear from 40mph and your pulling back in from an overtake at 110+ still in the same gear, ideal for lazy people lol

MCS R56
ideal for day to day driving when you cant be bothered putting in any effort driving quick, i just sink the boot in 5th gear from 40mph and your pulling back in from an overtake at 110+ still in the same gear, ideal for lazy people lol

Me, nowadays!

Is nice having torque though. The 172 used to frustrate me sometimes when overtaking, having to ring it's neck to get going!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah injectors on the 80/100 cant really do much more than 135bhp max and clutch wont really deal with over 200lbft.

citroen C3 HDi injectors can be used to make a 'hybrid' set of injectors and uprated clutches can be used although non readily available so its a custom job, my clutch is slipping now tho so looking into the above 2 mods and apparently 150 odd bhp wont be too hard :)

MCS R56
yeah injectors on the 80/100 cant really do much more than 135bhp max and clutch wont really deal with over 200lbft.

citroen C3 HDi injectors can be used to make a 'hybrid' set of injectors and uprated clutches can be used although non readily available so its a custom job, my clutch is slipping now tho so looking into the above 2 mods and apparently 150 odd bhp wont be too hard :)

Should be fairly rapid in-gear with 150!

I remapped my Cupra to 200 bhp and 300 torques. The clutch has been fine so far but I reckon it's on it's limits.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I had mine decatted, a decent air intake and it spent 5 hours at tdi on rollers being mapped properly. 150bhp in a dci will probably be fatser than a 172 I should think with that amount of torque and the fact 172's rarely make 172bhp.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah the vag cars seem to be fine with big power hikes!

my old 172 made 173bhp standard and my new one isnt a million miles away from it but yeah 150bhp dci would be a match for one anyway, they wont do the same top speed though unless you can get a 6th cog on it!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
U
Look forward to doing business with Matt Black then, won't you.

I have done business with matt black, very helpful chap. I had to replace my turbo due to the bearings seizing up on my 115k turbo that had a hole in its oil feed pipe.

Better than yours. C*nt.
I think you've missed the point by a country mile.

He doesn't rate the reliability of these. Let alone when you mess with them!