ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tax on a DCI if you put a sport engine into it.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
As above really. After reading that after putting a sport engine in the 1.2s the tax stays the same. Same goes for the DCI?

Ant

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
^ just strange how when the 1.2s get converted on here the tax stays the same as the 1.2.

recaro'd 172 rep
so in theory you could buy a dci shell and swap everything onto it and then still have your self a 172 but at low tax if you keeping it for a few years

MCS R56
so in theory you could buy a dci shell and swap everything onto it and then still have your self a 172 but at low tax if you keeping it for a few years

How much would that cost? Pointless if all you are trying to do is save on the tax.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
LOL.

How much work and money would that take, to save what, a couple of hundred quid per year?

Good crack round your way I presume?

Da

Less
You'd need to keep the car 10 years plus to make it financially viable.

Or buy one already converted ;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
obviously you would be mad to replace the work of art that is the k9k with one of they rough as a badgers arse F4R's however yes you would get £30 a year road tax and of course extremely cheap insurance because your clever and wouldnt declair it, £1500 dci clio spend £2k converting it thats an extremely cheap to run toy lol

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I would only do it if my DCI packed up TBH. I dont really like two doors so having a five door sport would be pretty cool. I wouldn't risk not declaring the engine, just too much hassle if I had an accident.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lol there is that too it, but round here its full of people who don't seem to have a UK driving liscence. They usually like to do 3-point turns on the brows of hills, stop on a roundabout to undo a bottle of coke then go again and things like that lol. Don't think i could go back to a petrol again anyway they just dont feel right and generaly have shite MPG compared to my dci.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
depends what sort of miles you do, i used to do about 1k a month at one point in my last 172 and didnt bother me, then got the dci and doing 1k a month in that costs me about £20, now i cant bare to take the 172 to work and back lol so just keep that for weekends!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I do 2K a month so to run a sport engine would be ridiculous, when i drive my mate's 172 it doesnt feel faster than the dci anyway.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Oh i know the 172 is actually faster, you just seem to have to work harder for it and it just doesn't feel it. I have more fun in my dci especially now ive got my Fk coilovers on.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah they are a laugh to drive with all that torque, ive just done uprated disks and pads all round on mine and the stopping power is phenominal, fancy another set of coilovers, ill probably start a thread on dci.net about which ones, i cant decide lol

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Weitec ones sound brilliant for their money.I'm looking for an ARB now. i have a focus tdci intercooler to fit just got to try and find the pipes needed. Also took my decat off as it was poorly made so need to source another one

306 GTI-6
depends what sort of miles you do, i used to do about 1k a month at one point in my last 172 and didnt bother me, then got the dci and doing 1k a month in that costs me about £20, now i cant bare to take the 172 to work and back lol so just keep that for weekends!

Best kept secret in mototring? Wow, I knew diesels generally gave better mpg, but i was expecting 60-70mpg. If I knew you could get 259mpg out of a dci, i would never have bought a different car. ;)

Better than yours. C*nt.
Best kept secret in mototring? Wow, I knew diesels generally gave better mpg, but i was expecting 60-70mpg. If I knew you could get 259mpg out of a dci, i would never have bought a different car. ;)

Judging by his post which seemed to condone not insuring modifications, I'd say the guy is a wanker. And an incorrect one at that!

185lb/ft dCi
Sarcasm much? to go 1k miles in my dci it would cost me about £90 max. I find all the fella's saying its not worth the conversion quite funny. The guy already owns a dci, hes not going to go out buy a new one then put the f4r in. There are plenty of people who have done the 1.2 - 2.0 conversion without any hassle from you lot, get off your high horses TBH.

Better than yours. C*nt.
But you're on about pulling the ENTIRE fuel system. It's not a case of petrol to petrol, it's diesel to petrol so EVERY LAST BIT of the fuelling system has to go. When you can buy a good Ph2 172 with the engine, brakes and suspension you'd need for £3k, WTF would you do it?!

Better than yours. C*nt.
How do you know he couldn't sell his perfectly good dCi for £2500? And then have a car he can actually sell on afterwards. For what it's worth. Rather than a million people running ten million miles because 'someone' has changed the engine in it.

Not to mention the 172 comes with the climate, the interior, the bodykit...

185lb/ft dCi
How do you know....i give up, we could make assumptions all day. i was just saying cut the guy some slack, he only asked a question, he doesn't need everyones opinions being thrown at him.

Better than yours. C*nt.
How do you know....i give up, we could make assumptions all day. i was just saying cut the guy some slack, he only asked a question, he doesn't need everyones opinions being thrown at him.

WTF?!

You ask questions, you get answers/opinions. If you don't want them, don't ask questions!

Point of a discussion board - missed by a country mile. Considering you run one, that's pretty daft a failing!

MCS R56
WTF?!

You ask questions, you get answers/opinions. If you don't want them, don't ask questions!

Point of a discussion board - missed by a country mile. Considering you run one, that's pretty daft a failing!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking!

It almost seems a pointless exercise if all you are trying to do is save tax, I think that is the point of the opinions.

185lb/ft dCi
WTF?!

Start of thread:

As above really. After reading that after putting a sport engine in the 1.2s the tax stays the same. Same goes for the DCI?

Ant

now you tell me, where in that question does it say, give me your void opinion of how the conversion isn't worth it????

A simple yes/no would suffice. if he wanted opinions he would have asked for them. reading FAIL on your behalf i'm afraid.

182 Trophy
I do 2K a month so to run a sport engine would be ridiculous, when i drive my mate's 172 it doesnt feel faster than the dci anyway.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
funniest thing ive heared all week, you sure youre mates isnt a rep.... or are you taking ot to 4k and then changing like in the dci. you prefer 5 doors as you dont like 2 doors and you prefer dervs to petrels with 70 more bhp? how old are you exactly? 96

MCS R56
Start of thread:

now you tell me, where in that question does it say, give me your void opinion of how the conversion isn't worth it????

A simple yes/no would suffice. if he wanted opinions he would have asked for them. reading FAIL on your behalf i'm afraid.

So why are you posting your opinion?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Start of thread:

Because conversations evolve. If you're unable to grasp this concept then how the hell you manage in society is beyond me. It's still related to the start of this thread, and isn't offensive. If every thread was how you describe, you could lock it after the first reply. The board would be frequented by a handful of nobody, and would exist purely so someone could say 'on the forum I run...' when browsing other forums.

TBH I can see why Cliodci sucks. Their administration/moderation team don't know what a conversation is!