ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Syncing Iphone 5S to two devices- possible?

I have a 4S which is synced to one computer (not a mac) and have just taken delivery of a new 5S. Can I sync the 4S with another computer (a mac laptop) and then plug the 5S into this and transfer the data from the 4S to the 5S without the use of the first computer the 4S is synced to? Sorry if that sounds confusing! Reason being the 4 is synced to a friends computer and they are not about for me to use it for a while whereas my other friend is..

My aim is to be able to carbon copy the data from the 4S to the 5S without the use of the computer the 4 is synced to..

Any advice is very greatly appreciated!!

AK

M240i
Assuming 4S is on the latest iOS, just back the 4S up to iCloud then load via iCloud onto the 5S.

AK

M240i
I'm 99% sure it'll do everything apart from music. Never had music on my 4S when I went to 5 so can't say.

Assuming you'll have both devices at the same time you can trial it.

Thanks AK. I know the icloud can only hold 5gb of data and I have over 16gb on my 4S so I think you're right in what you say about the music transferring..

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Sack iCloud off.

Plug old phone into a computer, right click the device, click backup.

Plug new phone into this computer, restore from backup.

As long as your music is on said computer, then you're fine. If not, you'll lose that.

AK

M240i
Does that work? I don't think it does..

Tried it with my iPad swap and it started trying to load lots of sh!t onto the iPad before hand.

But then I really do hate iTunes.

Rob and Adam D- If I were to do the syncing that way on a new computer why would I lose the music and how could I get it back?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If it's legally downloaded through iTunes, you can authorise that machine on your itunes account (You can have five authorised machines at one time) and then all purchases will be on there too.

133/225/CLS AMG
If you do a full backup of your 4S through iTunes then you should be able to download the content to your 5S.

I took a backup of my first 5 which was replaced due to a fault and restored that backup to the replacement. Assuming this would work fine for a 4S to a 5S then you shouldn't lose anything.