ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobilizer solution?

Blackdavid

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172,Golf VR6
Hello. I have a problem where the car sometimes won't start. I turn the key to start it, and nothing happens, then i back the key and start it again, and then it starts fine. Sometimes, if it takes more that 4 key turns to start, the immo kicks in and it cuts off after cranking for a couple of seconds.
I solve this by pressing the unlock button, turning the key and holding it when it cuts out, after a couple seconds i turn the key off and then it starts fine.
Sometimes it starts, sometimes no.
Anyways, I read the data from a spare ecu i bought (because of some engine temp reading issue) and sent the data to a dude that virginized my ecu.
On the ecu original to the car someone has put an immo emulator, but it does the same stuff with both ecus.
I wanna get rid of it completely, can i use the immo emulator on the "new" virgin ecu, would it delete the immo? Or whats the procedure to do this?

-RED immo light is ALWAYS off, not blinking, not solid, just off. Never seen it, and i have the car for a couple months

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
You havent said what car it is. Diagnose and fix the issue right just scan it with clip

Blackdavid

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172,Golf VR6
Its a Clio 172 ph2.
I don't have clip unfortunately, nor do I know someone that has it.