ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Switching broadband package to existing provider via comparison site

Arctic 182
Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help with this. Our BT broadband contract is up, their renewal offers are terrible, so I've been looking around.

However, I've been on www.broadbandgenie.co.uk , and there are some attractive BT offers on there.

What I want to know is whether I'm able to opt in to one of these offers, and then cancel our current package?

Or, would I need to switch provider? I know looking on uswitch it doesn't even give me the option of BT?

Thanks

Clio200 EDC Lux
Have you tried ringing BT and asking for a better deal even threaten to leave? I pay £23.99 inc line rental for unlimited inifinty.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my old dear changes virgin media between her and my dads name every time its due for renewal to take the new customer deals, I couldn't be arsed with the hassle but it works for her!

Reactions: Ben

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I do the above, and usually go through Quidco to claim decent cash back, sometimes it’s up to £100.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
I had exactly the same thing with BT last month. Was going to cancel and get the wife to sign up but when she applied online it said we already have an account linked to this address/phone number. So that’s a bit gay. Would need to cancel then apply I guess.

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
What kind of c**t company forces loyal customers to do this? Sack those shower of s***s off and go elsewhere

Westy. MX5
What kind of c**t company forces loyal customers to do this? Sack those shower of s***s off and go elsewhere
Ha ha I used work for BT, your right a load of c***s.
As for the OP- cancel the existing package and phone them to start another the day the previous package is turned off. You’ll probably get a phone call from them a couple of days after your cancellation anyway, persuading you to stay, that’s the time to re-negotiate.
Same thing happens with insurance companies, not renegotiating until you cancel the existing contract. All crazy to me as well but that’s how service companies work these things days.