ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I hate Sky Internet

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Still don't see what difference it is going to make, it is still coming down the same line to your house, it is still connecting the same box, but good luck

it's a new install, his neighbors line works, therefore we can probably assume the cabinet is fine. Therefore it may-well fix the issue. A different line from the cab, new master socket. The works.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Intermittent cracking sounds like a damp issue, this could be the cable damaged or joint. If they are putting a new cable in, happy days

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Definitely still sounds like the cable issues as it's a new build.

Mito Sportiva 135
OK, situation as thus;

Moved into property February 2015. No fibre optic available. Went with BT. 1.5mb max speed, stable network however. No good as work from home so made the worst decision of my adult life to switch to Sky who stated we could expect speeds upto 16mb - blasting BT out of the water. Wahoo, sign me up son and stick one of those dishes up whilst you're at it.

This was late May/Early June last year. Essentially the internet hasnt worked since then. We have had now maybe 20 Advanced line test, 3 Engineer visits, 2 new routers, 8 new microfilters & countless empty promises. Our complaint has been opened and unresolved since July last year. The main issue with the internet is connection time with connections lasting typically 4/5 minutes at a time...... for nearly a year.

I am, honestly, going insane with this. Sky complaints don't know their left hand from their right - complaints on Twitter etc. not being linked to our account. Opened countless complaints now. I've emailed "Global Heads of....." etc and get referred to complaints. I've spoken with the cancellations team who are willing to offer no more than 'free cancellation' - cheers, c***s.

The latest one baffles me the most - we had an engineer come out on Friday and bam, miracle cure, 12mb connection speed maintained for 2 WHOLE DAYS. Now - internet hasnt worked at all for the last 36 hours. How can this be??!! I dont get it.

This thread has come about due to a conversation with Sky this morning when the absolute f**king genius welsh prick or "Sky Broadband Expert" at the other end asked why we didnt simply upgrade to Fibre Optic as this would resolve our issue. Idiot.

I'm also massively irked that we are still paying for this 'service'.

So - what else can we do? All providers run off the same line here so will going back to BT or trying plusnet, talktalk etc. make any difference? Are there any avenues of complaint I haven't explored? What would you do? Have you had issues with Sky internet - what happened and how was it resolved? Would buying a new router make a difference?

Most of all f**k YOU MURDOCH.

Sounds like you have the exact same problem with me - Sky and BT use the same lines so you would never have made any significant change by switching. It sounds like you need to get in touch with OpenReach about upgrading your local line (unless Virgin is available).

To warn you, I have been trying to get some progress with Open Reach, going so far as to meet my local MP and creating a petition and still nothing has happened.
There is funding going towards giving everyone fibre optic in the future but it will take 5-10 years realistically, maybe more.

Mito Sportiva 135
Sounds like you have the exact same problem with me - Sky and BT use the same lines so you would never have made any significant change by switching. It sounds like you need to get in touch with OpenReach about upgrading your local line (unless Virgin is available).

We also live in a new build and although the lines actually going into your house are probably good, your exchange box will need upgrading most likely.

To warn you, I have been trying to get some progress with Open Reach, going so far as to meet my local MP and creating a petition and still nothing has happened.
There is funding going towards giving everyone fibre optic in the future but it will take 5-10 years realistically, maybe more.