ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Survey: Non-RS Clio Track Day?

Would Non-RS owners like to try a Non-RS Trackday?

• Yes

Votes: 56 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i was going to say the same maz, us RS owners track days are organised direct from renault not by us

Its Renault UK that make the RS Track days RS's only .. not us members :( not really fair that we cant be included through no fault of our own ..

I wouldn't mind the RS's attending but I would be worried that we would hold them up and frustrate them on the track!
Would be good to get a passenger ride in a 182 round a track though!

Alex

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Its Renault UK that make the RS Track days RS's only .. not us members :( not really fair that we cant be included through no fault of our own ..

I wouldn't mind the RS's attending but I would be worried that we would hold them up and frustrate them on the track!

Alex

i would have loved to take my 1.2 round the track

V70 d5 beast
i'd be up for this...once you been on track for the 1st time you love it lol
but will depend where and when it is?

BMW M4; S1000 RR

Alex

On tracks no considerate people hold anyone up. A car's only as fast as the driver.

Beast
Is an RSI allowed? I know it has spoiler and sideskirts but they're hardly performance mod of the century :approve:

M2 Competition

awww boohoo lol
we will try not to cry if you choose to go to a renaultsport event

sounds like a good idea but i fear it will be flipping miles for me to travel as there isnt really any decent tracks around my way although i would consider donnington.....
dont even know where oulton is

Castle coombe is right on your doorstep mate

Maz - i think the idea is that the 1.2 owners feel a bit overwhelmed at an rs type track day, or at one with lots of rs' attending. No harm them having the track to themselves mate.

Plenty of other events rs' owners can attend.

Last edited:

Maz

LY 200
awww boohoo lol
we will try not to cry if you choose to go to a renaultsport event

sounds like a good idea but i fear it will be flipping miles for me to travel as there isnt really any decent tracks around my way although i would consider donnington.....
dont even know where oulton is

Castle coombe is right on your doorstep mate

Maz - i think the idea is that the 1.2 owners feel a bit overwhelmed at an rs type track day, or at one with lots of rs' attending. No harm them having the track to themselves mate.

Plenty of other events rs' owners can attend.

I wasnt having a go .. I was just saying it was a shame that RS owners wouldnt be invited because Renault UK organise RS Days .. ah well not to worry

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I wasnt having a go .. I was just saying it was a shame that RS owners wouldnt be invited because Renault UK organise RS Days .. ah well not to worry
We're not thinking a non RS day because renault do RS trackdays, its intimidating being in a 1.2 know there are going to be RS's there chasing us down lol. be nice to measure up against equal(ish) cars.

Maz

LY 200
We're not thinking a non RS day because renault do RS trackdays, its intimidating being in a 1.2 know there are going to be RS's there chasing us down lol. be nice to measure up against equal(ish) cars.

Well I apologise if thats the case because it sounded like RS owners wernt invited bacause Renault organise events for them .. IMHO there will probably be some 1.2's that would outlap RS's as its all donw to the driver :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i may be up for this, would be ebtter if it could be later on in the year though, need to pay for my insurance soon!!

keep us posted.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
ONLY exclusions are:

ANY 'official' badged RenaultSport Models (i.e those that CAN attend an official Reno RS event)

e.g. Original Valver, Williams, 172, 182, cup, trophy, V6....

^ ANY non-RS model, so YES a 138 or RSi could chase me and breathe in my smoke!

P.S: we 'could' open it up to non-RS Meg also?

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
think this would be a good way of seeing if mods on the 1.2-1.6 range really make a diffrence. lots of questions come up from you guys about "if its worth it or shall i save my money" about modding 1.2 etc

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Would love to but too scared my car would fall apart :s It gets a ragging on the roads, but don't think it could handle the abuse of constant lapping since coming into my hands a couple years ago, plus completely standard 1.4 8v with cheapish goodyears and brakes soon on the way out doesn't make for an amazing combination. If I get another clio then definitely yes, but I'm planning on a 172 so wouldn't be allowed lol

think this would be a good way of seeing if mods on the 1.2-1.6 range really make a diffrence. lots of questions come up from you guys about "if its worth it or shall i save my money" about modding 1.2 etc
You'd end up just spending all the money leaning to drive though rarther than mods.