ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Survey: Non-RS Clio Track Day?

Would Non-RS owners like to try a Non-RS Trackday?

• Yes

Votes: 56 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  Meg on pistonheads £6995
How many of you (largely dynamique owners) would love to try a Clio (Non-RenaultSport model ONLY) track day?

I reckon there's dozens of you.................?

ONLY open to ALL except Williams, Valver, 172, 182, Trophy, 197, V6 etc.

^ ^ no offense guys, a caning from you lot would be welcome (but we cannot attend your RS events)

A closer session between 1.2s, 1.4s, 1.6s and dCi's would be wicked :)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Sounds like an excellent idea, not that I would track my car. I would willingly come and watch and take pics of everyone though. Which track are we talking about?

Meg on pistonheads £6995
Could be any depends on who replies

Personal Fave: Oulton Park (Cheshire)

Obvious Choice: Bedford (Used for Official RS days)

^ ^ we'd also have a benchmark for lap times from 'official events'

i.e. after event pub brag

"I was only 10 seconds down on the best for a 172!"

"My diesel was only a week slower per lap than an R26!"

You should to speak to Clarkie. He always (if there is enough cars) runs a separate championship for non performance renaults on his airfield days. 20 quid for the day and they're a great laugh.

Maz

LY 200
Its Renault UK that make the RS Track days RS's only .. not us members :( not really fair that we cant be included through no fault of our own ..

Meg on pistonheads £6995
^ ^ I know, but they're missing a trick..... a tenner says that half of us are non-RS owners

Could be a nice little earner for Reno etc., esp. short little taster "5 laps for a £10"

Then flog you a whole day @ £200

ur megane r26
i no i aint a member, planning on doing it soon tho as always on this site, just gettin round to doing it, but depending on where it is i would defo be up for it, either in my 1.2 :D or the 1.6 i wana get

p.s hopefulli 1.6 wont look like such a tart hehe

M2 Competition
It'll need to be a full day, only get a couple of laps in at dynamique speed otherwise...

I'll get me coat

Maz

LY 200
^ ^ I know, but they're missing a trick..... a tenner says that half of us are non-RS owners

Could be a nice little earner for Reno etc., esp. short little taster "5 laps for a £10"

Then flog you a whole day @ £200

So thats still a no :dapprove: to RS owners attending too ..

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
i'd like to do it but how much dose it cost and do you need tack day insurance.
Good point, depending on location I would be up for it. Get to track it and not get owned by some RS. May even be able to get a mate or 2 along with 1.4 or lower.

Personal Fave: Oulton Park (Cheshire)

Obvious Choice: Bedford (Used for Official RS days)

^ ^ we'd also have a benchmark for lap times from 'official events'

i.e. after event pub brag

"I was only 10 seconds down on the best for a 172!"

"My diesel was only a week slower per lap than an R26!"

No timing would be allowed only way to get ropund it is for someoen to time who is just wathcing and them not to disclose times (to stop people being stupid thinking dam I need another second etc) at all and its all unoffical anyway.

Bedfords a bit dull Oulton or Donningotn way better Oultons used for the Renault sport and cup racing series and more interesting than Bedford.

Theres videos of both cicuits on you tube and google video if you want to see.

If we use Donny as an example a cup can do it in 1.33 ish at best mine will
do it in 1.47. Oulton 172's will do it in 2.12 or so on I can do 2.30. However I have driven them both circuits a lot.

More power or better suspension would knock a fair bit out those times.

could do... I'd probably destroy my car on a track but sounds like a laugh
Nope you won't I've tried to destroy mine and it just comes back for more.

p.s hopefulli 1.6 wont look like such a tart hehe

Its the driver which makes the difference I've seen trophys and 182's run 2.30 at Oulton with no traffic

Mazda MX5 1.8
Its Renault UK that make the RS Track days RS's only .. not us members :( not really fair that we cant be included through no fault of our own ..

awww boohoo lol
we will try not to cry if you choose to go to a renaultsport event

sounds like a good idea but i fear it will be flipping miles for me to travel as there isnt really any decent tracks around my way although i would consider donnington.....
dont even know where oulton is

182 Cup, (2nd one)
I think its a great idea to have a non RS clio trackday.
There is plenty on trackdays that 182/172's can go on, so not being able to go to one of them wouldn't be an issue to me.
If it was near where i live i'd come along to watch you all