ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged 172

White Evo V
Not the best pics in the world, well to be fair there crap!!! I had just got the car back from RS Tuning and it was still dirty etc....

The car needed a good valet, and engine bay spruce up and clean! Also the fuel rail guard isnt on in these pics, that was re-fitted this afternoon after the pics. Should look alot better in the next pics from TRAX but heres a few for people to look at in the meantime. Its really hard to get a good pic of the radiator, oil cooler and intercooler unit, but I did my best. It will soon be getting a full set of blue samco's and a carbon engine cover aswell as some much needed new tyres!

The car is making 250hp / 200lbft

Picture001.gif

Picture002.gif

Picture003-1.gif

Picture004.gif

Picture005.gif

Picture006.gif

White Evo V
Love it!

I imagine it's like driving a completely new car?

Oh yes, no comparison! It really is awesome. Sounds like a completely different car too, the power is just immense! A 300bhp focus ST had a go with me today - to be blunt he got his arse handed to him!

White Evo V
Where's the blower?

If you look in the 2nd picture down you can JUST see the bottom of it through the lower grille on the drivers side (next to the intercooler). I will get alot more detailed pics tomorrow matey, youll see it then.

It's A Reno
If you look in the 2nd picture down you can JUST see the bottom of it through the lower grille on the drivers side (next to the intercooler). I will get alot more detailed pics tomorrow matey, youll see it then.

Excellent! I hope we get a soundtrack too. :)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Looks great mate. I was so close to doing this before i sold my 182 - this makes me want to buy another clio sport, i bet its great fun! :evil:

S4 Avant
Next question... does it sound supercharged?

I know on the ph1 that GDI did you couldn't hear the super charger at all.

Looking good mate, as stated above it looks very stealthy.

How does it drive? does it spin it's wheels alot or can it manage the power ok and what's the torque steer like? lol

White Evo V
Next question... does it sound supercharged?

I know on the ph1 that GDI did you couldn't hear the super charger at all.

The charger runs quiet yes, but the chatter on gear change is mental, aswell as the engine note sounds awesome! Il get some vids up soon!

Has anybody asked you.... "Iz it run'in boost y0?! ;)

lol, the guy in the 300bhp wanted to know why I made his car look like a 1.2! Also a guy on a Buell motorbike wondered why he couldn't keep up with on a dual carriageway!

Looking good mate, as stated above it looks very stealthy.

How does it drive? does it spin it's wheels alot or can it manage the power ok and what's the torque steer like? lol

It doesn't like 1st but 2nd is crazy, hardly no spin just brute power! Throws you in the seat! Same in 3rd and 4th and 5th! Torque steer is handable, I just f-in love it!

It doesn't like 1st but 2nd is crazy, hardly no spin just brute power! Throws you in the seat! Same in 3rd and 4th and 5th! Torque steer is handable, I just f-in love it!

Sounds like a it's definitely a worth while route to take then. Might have to have a word with my bank manager about a loan :cool: lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My next plan for my F4R'd mk1 is supercharged. That bay looks fappin awesome!!!

White Evo V
Oh yes, I am soooo glad I had this done! Anyone who wants to experiance it I would gladly take em for a spin at Trax tomoz or at a meet sometime.

S4 Avant
Have you kept the fly by wire throttle as well? Does this mean cruise control and speed limiter functions still work?

White Evo V
Have you kept the fly by wire throttle as well? Does this mean cruise control and speed limiter functions still work?

yes all mapped on standard ecu with fly by wire throttle so all functions can still be used as far as I'm aware!

None
Brilliant mate, engine bay still looks a lot more standard than i thought it would, might be tempted into this myself now that i've just had both belts done at pauls parents garage.

How do you even start to get insurance for something like that?, my company wanted an extra £70 a year just for a sports exhaust!

White Evo V
Brilliant mate, engine bay still looks a lot more standard than i thought it would, might be tempted into this myself now that i've just had both belts done at pauls parents garage.

How do you even start to get insurance for something like that?, my company wanted an extra £70 a year just for a sports exhaust!

Pauls dad did my cambelt too last week. My insurance is an extra £200 per year with Adrian flux. It went from £600 to £800! I think that's a good price!

None
That's not too bad at all really, mine is about £550 with the exhaust mod, if i went for a supercharger i think i would have to go with Adrian Flux too as i'm sure that Esure would be wanting me to remortgage my house :)

Looks really good though mate, hope i'll get to hear it too one day

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Looking very nice mate, the custom rad/cooler makes the conversion imo. Be nice to see pics with the bumper off etc but i'm sure you're too busy driving it for that! What filter is it running at the minute and what other mods do you have, matched inlets, exhaust etc? Thanks.
Russ