ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sunroof noise!!

when im driving the sunroof makes a really annoying clicking knocking noise!! What is it? My m8s clio does it 2.

1.2 clio
my clio (2002) has the same problem, my sunroof makes a noise alll the time. its a common problem apprently. my friend had hers replaced cos it was still under warrenty. i just turn my music up louder. lol

Civic Type-S GT
if you're not under warranty no more, wedge a piece of sponge under the handle - complete sound deadening (sort of) for about 10p!

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
If it's the manual opening/tilting glass panel, take out the glass and grease the front hinges with a silicon type grease. Should sort it out. If it's an electric roof these are more troublesome to cure and not a quick fix.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
I sorted mine out with some rubber breeze tape you get around your doors and windows frame in your house lol...just stick it around the edge of the glass and it compacts it tighter so no rattles :)

172 Cup
The above link which no longer seems to work is an excellent fix for it. basically involved just putting a bit of rubber hosing round the bar bit that presses in next to the handle when the sunroof is closed. I did thi son my girlfriends sunroof last year and it is yet to creak again! :)