ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunroof leak on MK1 Clio???

Clio mk1 1.2
I have just drove home from work and car has been sat in carpark for six hours whilst it has been raining and as i reversed the car i got covered in water coming from around the interior lights and where the handle is for sunroof,

had a quick look just now when i got gome and all the rooflining above passy seat/left hand side is damp and the passenger seat is soaking now because everytime i went round a corner it would leak so does anyone know what the fault might be without me ripping the sunroof out please?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Common fault, they always leak.

Sometimes the fault can be a loose aerial which can also let in water as well as the actual sun-roof.

In both my mk1's I just siliconed the roof as it was getting quite a problem and I couldn't be arsed doing anything else.

Northy has written a guide on www.williamsclio.co.uk on how to solve it 'properly'.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
You need to take the plastic part where the light is, then remove that housing then you will find the aerial bolt, loosen that up then silicon inside the black housing and tighten the nut up, then wipe off the excess silicon if you wish.

Also check the sunroof to see if that is leaking. Most likely to be the aerial however.

Clio mk1 1.2
what did you use then cat171??

i will try that rctempire and let you no how i get on, might do that on lunch break depending on how long it takes