ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange noise when accelerating

Hi guys,

I am having a problem where when accellerating hard when it hits about 4K the noise starts.
if you accelerate gently it makes no noise.
It sounds like something is loose but I can't see anything have had a bit of a look but don't really know where to start.
I have made an audio clip sorry if its no good but its worth a shot.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9524489/Car.m4a

Thanks

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Cant realy here in that but maybe manifold nocking on subframe? All 3 of my 172s have done it it sounded horrible simple fix tho just loosen the top engine mount and pull engine forward a bit see if that helps :)

Cant realy here in that but maybe manifold nocking on subframe? All 3 of my 172s have done it it sounded horrible simple fix tho just loosen the top engine mount and pull engine forward a bit see if that helps :)

Yeah I had a search and that is what I have read.
I will give that ago.

clio 172 cup
Maybe the dog bone mount mine used to do that until I put an powerflex one on no noise at all now

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Clios make all kind of noises its french lol mine rattles too havent had time to pull engine forward yet

Clios make all kind of noises its french lol mine rattles too havent had time to pull engine forward yet

The engine rattle is cured now. It's a whine now just a bit concerned if it is anything to do with the aux as the warranty is out on it in a month.

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Is the power steering ok? Might be power steering pump but sayin that when I had the belts done on my 172 cup it sounded like a supercharger at low speeds so might be the belt might be a bit tight

Is the power steering ok? Might be power steering pump but sayin that when I had the belts done on my 172 cup it sounded like a supercharger at low speeds so might be the belt might be a bit tight

Steering is fine.
It does sound like its supercharged after 5.5k

Looking at it again today it doesn't happen with not in gear.
Hopefully it's not the gearbox on its way out.
It doesn't have any problems selecting gears or anything....

172 cup
Looking at it again today it doesn't happen with not in gear.
Hopefully it's not the gearbox on its way out.
It doesn't have any problems selecting gears or anything....

hi mate I would advise upgrading your dogbone mount, evol on here do a good one look in the traders section.

also whining noise sounds like dephaser?

hi mate I would advise upgrading your dogbone mount, evol on here do a good one look in the traders section.

also whining noise sounds like dephaser?

No I don't think it's the dephaser I had a new one 11 months ago. I will check out the dog bone mount though. Thanks man.