ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steam - including latest offers

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Is the extra pack worth getting?
I'd say so - yes. I've bought all the DLC over time, so to have them all at once is worth it.

Personally, I think it's a right handful with the pad. But that's just using the stock configuration and not using the online setups that @Cookie suggests. To be honest, I need to give that a try as setting my G25 up is a bit of a ballache!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Tempted by Project Cars, but not sure its as playable as Forza, especially with a pad.
I'd say Project Cars is in the next tier up from Forza, m8. It's not a ultra hardcore sim, but certainly requires more thought and skill to progress smoothly than the likes of Forza. Hence, I agree with your concern that the pad might not be up to it.

It's a shame that demos through Steam seem so few and far between these days. It would be useful to give it a try first.

It doesn't have the shininess of Forza - which is no surprise given the size difference of the two studios. But I feel it's more rewarding when I do well on Project Cars, than with Forza.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
So far I've bought two expansions for Order of Battle. Quite clever how they give the core game away for free, the expect you to pay for the campaigns afterwards. These were £14.99 each, but in the sale have come in at half that.

I also bought MGS Phantom Pain purely on the basis of how good the reviews hold it in regard and also another eye-candy game for the 1080 when it finally arrives. Bit of a punt that as I really didn't get on with any of the MGS series back in the PS1 days.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
MGS PP is a great game. Online is abysmal and full of cheaters/hackers to the point there's no point in playing.

Single player however is very very good.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yep, single player is awesome, I too didn't get on with the older games, this is much, much better. I've played it on Xbox One, if it was cheaper in the sale I'd buy it to replay on the PC.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Alan Wake is on offer again. It's an oldie but for £2.99 for the original game + DLC it's worth a punt. Deus Ex Mankind Divided for £10 as well.

One of the best games I've played in the last few years though - best played with good, bassy speakers turned up nice and loud. The gore nest frenzy is epic.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I went and looked and yep, I already own it. No recollection, at all.
Flol! I actually went through the majority of my library the other week and there were several games that I had zero knowledge of owning.

I think the majority come from the Humble Bundle offers - where you get 5 to 7 games when you actually only want 1 or 2.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Looks interesting! I picked up Titanfall 2 last weekend for the campaign (was like 16 quid). Completed it in a few evenings but one of the best SP campaigns I've ever played, despite the short length

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Looks interesting! I picked up Titanfall 2 last weekend for the campaign (was like 16 quid). Completed it in a few evenings but one of the best SP campaigns I've ever played, despite the short length
Might have to give it a go in that case :) I was put off the original Titanfall due to its multiplayer bias.