ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steam - including latest offers

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
@Darren S

Come on then mate, what's this Wasteland 2 like? £26.79 in the sale.

I've bought Pay Day 2 for £4.59 so far.

Haha! Well, I pre-ordered it back in 1994 or something :p I played about 45mins to an hour of the alpha and what I saw, I liked. It played like a cross between the original Fallout and the later X-Com game to a certain extent.

Really looking forward to the full release in August :)

D.

Anyone know of any quality shooters worth picking up that are NOT Call of Duty or Battlefield? Finished Wolfenstein and need something new. Got Metro etc.

Cheers.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 was surprisingly rather good, I wouldn't necessarily call it a 'quality' game, but it was worlds apart in comparison to the 1st which was utter garbage. I actually enjoyed the second one.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 was surprisingly rather good, I wouldn't necessarily call it a 'quality' game, but it was worlds apart in comparison to the 1st which was utter garbage. I actually enjoyed the second one.

Did you try the Sniper Elite 2 that was being given away free on Steam the other month? Put an hour into it last night for the first time - really quite enjoyable. I'll definitely play it through to the end. Proper stuff starts at around 2.30 on here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwLhHX5fv_w

D.

Nissan 350z
I know this topic is normally dedicated to the latest offers but...

What are everyones thoughts on the new Store layout Steam have rolled out? I'm not convinced I prefer the old format personally. This whole "recommended for you because you purchased X" or "Game Y from 2005 recommended because you own newer game Z from 2012" etc. Do not want :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I know this topic is normally dedicated to the latest offers but...

What are everyones thoughts on the new Store layout Steam have rolled out? I'm not convinced I prefer the old format personally. This whole "recommended for you because you purchased X" or "Game Y from 2005 recommended because you own newer game Z from 2012" etc. Do not want 😧

Yeah - I think I'll get used to it eventually - but it's not the best interface. I much preferred the old one - I really don't like the 'recommendations' aspect...

D.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
I've just set up Steam Home-Streaming on my laptop which is great but does anyone know how to make it so the picture is only displayed on the client machine?
I want to be able to steam games from my host machine while also watching a film on the host machine.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Multiple monitors, or find a way to emulate a monitor, and put the steam game on that.
That nearly worked but the game seems to jump to the primary monitor when opening from Steam. I could set the primary monitor to the headless secondary one but then it would be hassle to swap them back when I want to play games on the primary monitor.

It would be good if just one of the games opened up on the secondary monitor.

That nearly worked but the game seems to jump to the primary monitor when opening from Steam. I could set the primary monitor to the headless secondary one but then it would be hassle to swap them back when I want to play games on the primary monitor.

It would be good if just one of the games opened up on the secondary monitor.

Sadly not sure you can specify that, as you say it'll always go to primary by default.

Can't you get a Chromecast or something so you can just watch stuff from the via without having to take up a screen?

Not sure what other options you have, something that'll plug into the tv and allow you to stream local media, Apple TV etc.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Sadly not sure you can specify that, as you say it'll always go to primary by default.

Can't you get a Chromecast or something so you can just watch stuff from the via without having to take up a screen?

Not sure what other options you have, something that'll plug into the tv and allow you to stream local media, Apple TV etc.
Cheers for the help. A Chromecast would be perfect if I were able to also stream Steam games to that. Then I would be able to have the computer in another room and watch Plex on the TV while playing a game on the laptop and then when I wanted to play a game on the TV I could Stream to the Chromecast.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Yeah that's what I figured, stream movie via Chromecast to tv, then play game on laptop (or do you use it the other way around - game on TV and tv on laptop?)
Well I've set up my Raspberry Pi running RasPlex which is perfect. It means I can watch all my TV shows and movies streaming from the PC and also stream games from the PC too :smile:

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I've currently got 9 out of 72 of my Steam games installed :/

I think I have about 4 installed out of 60. I generally just buy them if they are cheap knowing I might install it 1 day for 5 minutes then immediately uninstall it because its s**t lol.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Just bought Black Mesa, I completed it before it came onto Steam when it was available for free, but they are continually updating it and it's well worth the £5.99 it's going for.

I'm on 182 games, all of which are installed.