ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Started to mod my Clio.

taken me ages to read this thread, just finished. Like the wheels, can't wait to see it lowered. Lights ghey imo.

If I ever see another '.......' it won't be too soon;)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Jays172 said:
taken me ages to read this thread, just finished. Like the wheels, can't wait to see it lowered. Lights ghey imo.

If I ever see another '.......' it won't be too soon;)

Sorry the thread is rather long, but my car is undergoing changes and I thought it would be nice to show it through the stages. I'm glad you like the wheels, I love them too and also can't wait to get her back so I can see what the new suspension is like. I did however expect people not to like the lights. I am a little worried though as it appears it should not take as long to do the rear ( as a very trusted theduckeatspork tells me). I hope my trusted garage aren't rying it on with the labour charges (not that they usually do) as I have spent a fortune with them already.

As for the '.....' I'm sorry, but I guess I generally prefer them to capitals as it can seem like you are shouting. (I suppose I have got too used to yahoo and msn chat and been ticked off a few times for capitals and told not to shout) lol

I wasn't complaining of the thread being to long lol, it was a good read! The '....' remind me of those ghey finger things people sometimes do!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I have her back now. When I first collected and started to drive her home I noticed she was vibrating on the steering badly. I took her down the by-pass , hit 50mph and the darn thing nearly shook herself to bits, so I took her straight back to the garage. It turns out that their other mechanic had not put one of my front wheels on properly and had actually trapped the cir-clip between the metal colar and the hub and had bent it. (Bloody idiot!) My 'trusted' mechanic straightened it out, put copper grease on it and all of the wheel nuts and put it back, checked the other front wheel and that one was ok. I got a good chance to look undearneath my car in the inspection pit and was amazed at how new she still looks. I know she is only 3 years old, but being a french car I was expectig all sorts of horror stories, but she's cool. :)

Anyway, getting down to the test drive after all was put back together. First thing I noticed was that the steering is abit heavier, which to me is a plus point as I like slightly heavy steering. I thought this would be the case being slightly lower. Second thing I noticed was that the ride although a little firmer had not changed much from it's original suspension, another plus point. It also appears to handle bumps alot better, rides them instead of jumping over them. It handles bends like its glued to the road, talk about a total feeling of confidence. I don't know if the last bit is just me or whether it is indeed true, but it appears to have a tighter turning circle now too, another major plus point. Lastly, I was expecting the new suspension to show up more rattles (my sunroof mainly) but, either my original suspension was abit tired or the Eibachs are indeed smoother, as my sunroof does not rattle anywhere near as much as it did. Overall impressions? Bloody EXCELLENT couldn't be better or happier! I am still smiling.:D :D

theduckeatspork; (and many others who gave me good advice) if you lived closer to me I would be dragging you out to the pub right now to buy you a big THANK YOU pint. I am really glad I listened to you and did what you suggested. I am sooooo pleased I really can't believe it! I think all the worrying was indeed worth it. You can now uncross your fingers and breathe a sigh of relief. ;) lol. THANKS!!!!:D :D :D

P.s. I won't put any pics up right now as she does not look that much different at the moment and probably won't notice much in pics. I will wait a few more days until she has settled abit and then I will take some. ;)

phew... I am really glad you like them! As you said, wait a couple days then get some pics once they have settled a bit! As I said, I am really happy you like them, now you just need to get the rest of the work done :D

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Yep, absolutely brilliant. I think I will leave it a couple of weeks, then get her booked in for her laser alignment and geometry (sp) check and get my new pedals fitted. Then it will be off to the body shop to get a quote on the work to be done and get her booked in for that. Then that will be the outside all sorted. The only thing left to do then will be the leather interior. (decided on half leather actually, to save my poor back and legs from getting ripped up in the heat). The she should be finished. It's getting really exciting now. The main bit I was worried about (suspension) has been done , so it should all be pretty plain sailing fron now on. ~fingers crossed~ ;) :D :D

P.s. Forgot something. The exhaust has to be done after the body kit, bloody hell, I can't be leaving that out! lmao

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
theduckeatspork said:
Will feel better again once its settled and been set up properly! Cant wait to see this finished!

Me neither. It's getting really exciting now. I was going to get the quote for the body kit and colour coding straight away, but decided it was a better idea to wait until the pedals are fitted and the alignment and geometry is done. That way I won't risk getting the kit damaged. I will not be driving it once the kit is fitted until the new exhaust goes on, don't want to run the risk of melting the new kit either. I can't believe how much has been done to her already in such a short space of time. It really does seem like that one minute I was 'considering' getting things done and the next, they are done! :)

I can understand why people don't like the rear lights, and very nearly didn't put them on. I am glad I did though as I really like them and think they really suit her. I did have a few panic moments whilst fitting them, as I heard the odd crack when tightening them up and thought I had broken something, but I hadn't. I did have abit of trouble getting the offside one to work properly, had to take it out twice and fiddle with the connections and the bulbs, and eventually they worked. I can't believe how bright the reverse lights are, talk about light up the road. (Put silver vision bulbs in). Tee hee.

I am still smiling over the suspension too. I had major nighmares over it getting fitted for the past three weeks! I was a little annoyed that their so-called Renault expert scratched my wing and wasn't big enough to admit it, and was furious that he put my offside wheel on wrong too. (Damn idiot) The difference is really amazing though. I was pretty well happy with the way she handled before, but now she is even better and I didn't beleive that would honestly be possible. I know that sounds daft, but I really didn't. I am also sooooo glad that i listened to everyones advice about lowering her, as you will remember I was dead against it at first. It just goes to show, you really can teach an old dog new tricks! ;) Lmfao.