ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Star Wars Battlefront

DCi
It's just so limited... No single campaigns, about 13 weapons to choose from and most are very similar. Jump is a joke and once you level up its so cheap and easy to get kills.

So many better games out there with a lot less hype. Or it might just be a case of different strokes for different folks. I last about 24 hours with it and back to Destiny I went.
I guess so because I find destiny so boring as it just seems to be a grind and slightly increase stats over and over type game... You always seem to be doing the same thing

GTD, Lupo
I guess so because I find destiny so boring as it just seems to be a grind and slightly increase stats over and over type game... You always seem to be doing the same thing

You need to put more than 17hrs into destiny to get the best out of it.

A SHED!
Great. Got a broken controller. Seems I can't sprint on battlefront using r3. I have an old megadrive.... 20years old and the sodding controllers still work! Sony sh*te!

Rinsed just over 25 hours into this game now. with all the recent dbl XP weekends I've just hit level 41.

I'm loving it. Started off with the huge maps/game modes like walker assault which is visually awesome, the sound is immense though, if you have a proper set up then this game sounds nuts 10x over it's ridiculously good.

I've found most enjoyment from the smaller maps and game modes now like cargo or drop zone. Recently Unlocked Han solos over powered 2shot dead pistol and destroying everyone haha.

My only gripe is the lack of weapon choice. They're nearly all terrible. Only the EE-3 and DL-44 are any good if you're not using the "default" weapons. Customising them would be a good one too but I'm too much of a cod fanboy.

Also.. Season pass... wtf.
I bought the game for £32. Season pass. £40. Why!

£20 I'd do it. £25 okay. £30 pushing it. £35 no. £40.. Why!?

It's a shame because from what I've heard each 4 drops of DLC they release is going to include;

Tons more maps, tons more weapons, more heroes (got to be Yoda at some point!).
Basically everything everyone's moaning about will drop/fix in the DLCs.

I cannot and will not pay more than what I paid for a game for DLC though. Hell no.
Roll on MW4. Fxck BO3/ghosts/AW. This is my inbetween game, can't get off it.
Defo give it a blast of you haven't already. It's a refreshing change but still the similarity is there if you're into the call of duty and even battlefield series too. Just a star wars twist on both ;)

White APE
Got this for Xmas, fired it up earlier. First impressions are graphics very good, but it feels very flat. Much like COD in its play. Good to pick up for some mindless fun but won't keep me captivated like destiny.

I too have found myself on drop zone (aka hardpoint) all the time now. Its fast and frantic with some good maps.
Didn't like it that much initially, but. ....The more I play the game the more I enjoy!
I'm slowly getting better too which is good. Ha ha. Better tactics and strategies. Love it.

A SHED!
I've started playing in the third person view. Found it tricky at first but enjoying it now. Needs more maps and modes to fighter squadron.

Whilst it doesn't(?) explicitly state this I suspect with a low rank you are thrown in with all the other n00bs.
I was on fire and now find myself getting destroyed, must have leveled up and joined the regulars!

1.7 cdti
Whilst it doesn't(?) explicitly state this I suspect with a low rank you are thrown in with all the other n00bs.
I was on fire and now find myself getting destroyed, must have leveled up and joined the regulars!
Think it's more related to who's online at the time . The later I go on the more my k/d get closer . It's a lot easier to rank up in the morning when the grown ups are away doing grown up things and teenagers don't wake up till early afternoon

I got this for Christmas and have played it a fair amount.

I personally really enjoy it. It's simple, easy fun. You don't have to worry about adding the zillionth upgrade to your gun etc. You just switch it on, join a server and play.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Proper enjoying this game over the last few days. Just got to level 44 and this was one of my best games on Drop Zone earlier.

c2fd9e1eada8fc612932064fff7432de.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Think it's more related to who's online at the time . The later I go on the more my k/d get closer . It's a lot easier to rank up in the morning when the grown ups are away doing grown up things and teenagers don't wake up till early afternoon

I agree, had a couple of extra days off round xmas and if you go on about 10am it's just like shooting fish in a barrel.
I guess the only people playing are mongoloids and people too stoned to move.

Proper enjoying this game over the last few days. Just got to level 44 and this was one of my best games on Drop Zone earlier.

c2fd9e1eada8fc612932064fff7432de.jpg
f**k me. Beast of a score!!
I'd struggle to get anywhere near that. Drop zone is a great game mode. I'd probably get 35~40 kills and around 15 deaths as a good match for me. I'm not very good [emoji14]

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If you play turning point as the Rebels you can rack up over 60 kills.

Key point is to get your ass in a landspeeder for the final capture point - all the other team form up in a tiny area, it's dead easy to strafe and get tons of kills.

If you play turning point as the Rebels you can rack up over 60 kills.

Key point is to get your ass in a landspeeder for the final capture point - all the other team form up in a tiny area, it's dead easy to strafe and get tons of kills.
Yeah. I always struggle to get my hands on the speeders.
Their always taken and I can never find the pick up. I'm sure there's a map someone pin pointing the pix up. Or are they random spawn every match?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah. I always struggle to get my hands on the speeders.
Their always taken and I can never find the pick up. I'm sure there's a map someone pin pointing the pix up. Or are they random spawn every match?

No there's a couple of locations, just kinda hang around at the back and you'll probably spot one.
Need to be quick on your toes before some other c**t pinches it.

Finally have all the extras I want, scan pulse and flash grenade are a fun combo.
KDR is hovering around 1.1 and mostly playing Blast but got absolutely bent over playing Walker Assault for the first time, like 0-24. wtf.

Who's shifted to 3rd person view? It feels like I've gone back a step but opens the potential to be better.

Am I missing any other tricks? Do people mess around with toggle sensivity, controls, etc.?
I miss having a mouse but need to get over it..😂

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
3rd person is good for giving you abit more spacial awareness as you can see more of the area directly around you, but it's abit of a compromise with accuracy and aiming.

3rd person is good for giving you abit more spacial awareness as you can see more of the area directly around you, but it's abit of a compromise with accuracy and aiming.
Well it's paying off, a day later and the mind has adjusted, perhaps flattered by who was online but was dishing out some hurt.
I tend to stick with close combat so accuracy and aim are OK.
Need to work on some DL-44 skills now.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
DL-44 is so powerful it's crazy, got to get the accuracy right though. Just about to hit level 46 and have played about 44 hours. Saving up my credits for the shadow trooper outfit at level 50.

DCi
i like it otherwise you get people who just sit and wait
if it's random at least you get a reasonably fair chance of having a go and people keep on fighting

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Dont really get your point! If you can spawn into a vehicle why would you sit around and wait? It works pretty well in BF4 - pretty sure you dont see people sitting around waiting for vehicles to spawn.

I am half tempted to get this as I do enjoy it at my friends but it is a bit samey. ANy word on upcoming deal with the premium bundle? EA love sucker puching Day 1 purchasers 4/5 months after purchase.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Dont really get your point! If you can spawn into a vehicle why would you sit around and wait? It works pretty well in BF4 - pretty sure you dont see people sitting around waiting for vehicles to spawn.

I am half tempted to get this as I do enjoy it at my friends but it is a bit samey. ANy word on upcoming deal with the premium bundle? EA love sucker puching Day 1 purchasers 4/5 months after purchase.
There's been a few deals on Xbox Live already. The day after I bought the regular version at £55, I could've got the Premium (not the massive one) for £45. Dickheads

Am I missing any other tricks? Do people mess around with toggle sensivity, controls, etc.?
I miss having a mouse but need to get over it..😂

I'm going to answer my own question ( might help some other PS4 noobs like myself out ), to improve aim you apparently reduce the toggle sensitivity;

Now my next question; why am I sh*t hot playing Blast but so so bad at Walker Assault!!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Different game modes, larger maps and stuff.

Blast is just charging around, find someone and beat them to the draw, getting the kill first.
Walker assault is much more open, you get lots of people camping and sniping as well as vehicles and stationary guns.

If you get in the right turbolaser on walker assault you can do a ton of damage to the other team.

Ok I'm going to buy this now, what version should I look out for? What's the deal with DLC? Is it included in certain packs?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Don't think so.

FWIW I've kinda given up until the next DLC is released, has worn abit thin.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to hit level 50 ( level 49 now) to get the shadow trooper outfit then wait until the DLC arrives.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't the legendary and ultimate edition come with the DLC? The £80 & £105 versions?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
f**k me. Beast of a score!!
I'd struggle to get anywhere near that. Drop zone is a great game mode. I'd probably get 35~40 kills and around 15 deaths as a good match for me. I'm not very good [emoji14]

You playing on PS4 mate?