ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Star Wars Battlefront

Think there are some single player bot "missions" not looked myself. Think they'd be crap though.
A good story driven game would be greatly welcomed. One of my favorite games on pc was Jedi knight: Jedi academy
It's good fun tbh. I only paid £22 as I doubled up some nectar points for it.
Flying the Tie fighters are fun. I've not managed to fly the Millennium Falcon yet though. Not sure how you get it.
Fighter squadron is fun.
Millennium falcon and salve 1 are epic!
You get then via a lightsaber collection. Same principle as becoming a hero in normal play.
Just look for the sabre ones.
Brilliant fun! Kill everyone! Lol. Lots of points! [emoji106] [emoji41]

Mito Sportiva 135
There will never be a 'proper' single player campaign for this, they've designed it to be MP only.
I imagine there will be SP Star Wars games again in the future, but it won't be this.

I caved in and bought this after borrowing it off a mate for a night. Love it.
Good call. [emoji106] you on xbox?
The more I play it the more I enjoy it! Had an awesome game Sunday morning.
Unlocking the jet pack adds a nice new aspect to the game (level 13). I'm at level 15 now and unlocked a burst fire pistol, finding it brilliant and getting more kills with it too.
It's by no means perfect, but still great fun. Free new map available tomorrow too.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm tempted to buy it, but can't bring myself to, due to the reviews I've read / watched :(

Good call. [emoji106] you on xbox?
The more I play it the more I enjoy it! Had an awesome game Sunday morning.
Unlocking the jet pack adds a nice new aspect to the game (level 13). I'm at level 15 now and unlocked a burst fire pistol, finding it brilliant and getting more kills with it too.
It's by no means perfect, but still great fun. Free new map available tomorrow too.
No mate, PS4. I have really enjoyed it so far. I think I'm level 12 now.
Makes a nice change from the boring cod or Battlefield 4 . Certainly doesn't warrant bad reviews imo.

I'm tempted to buy it, but can't bring myself to, due to the reviews I've read / watched :(
Buy it 2nd hand. If you don't like it, sell it for the same price. Simples.
As daft as it sounds, once you get over the disappointment of what the game could be like..... an image that your own head, and the glossy teaser/trailer footage has created. It's actually very fun and enjoyable.
I realise starting a review with "once you get over the disappointment " doesn't sound great! Lol. The more I'm playing it, the more I enjoy. My tactics are developing nicely too.
No mate, PS4. I have really enjoyed it so far. I think I'm level 12 now.
Makes a nice change from the boring cod or Battlefield 4 . Certainly doesn't warrant bad reviews imo.
Agreed. I really enjoy it!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
It's probably one of the best looking and sounding games I've played. I'm really enjoying it but some game types are just frustrating!

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I think a lot of the hate comes from people like myself who have played Battlefront games in the past and foresaw what EA was going to do with the title. Day One £40 DLC - really??! Very few maps, very few game modes etc. Things like First Person being a pile of w**k and uncompetitive. Random drops on the map - oooooh i killed you from far away aaaaaand my team mate got the token. I think a lot of little niggles have just added to the usual EA cynicism.

I was looking forward to this game for well over 2 years, sad I know, so was properly geared up to love it but I dunno, just misses the mark somehow. Everyone was saying how bad it would be if they made a Star Wars BF4 mod but really, if the game had that sheer depth and strategic nouse, it would be a lot better for it.

Agree its one of the best looking / sounding / true to film games I've ever seen but after playing with 3 hours at a mates it got boring. Its one thing making a game easy to get into but its just a bit too basic for people who like playing games.

2p.

Fair enough I guess. I love it but then dont expect too much. I'd rather pick this up than the new COD.

Oh and for people with the game, don't forget - The Battle Of Jakku download is available free for everyone today. Two new maps and one new mode.

I bought this the weekend after it came out and sold it a day later. Dreadful game play.
Tbf I found it a bit flat and uninspiring initially.
I've continued to play it and am really enjoying it now!

@banther I agree with the DLC. .... it's one of the things I despise in gaming these days and ea seem to take the piss more than most. Evolve was apparently a prime example of dlc gone mad.

The maps are limited which is a shame, but the ones that are there are good and I enjoy playing.
I find most fps have lots of game modes, but I'm sure most people, myself included, only play the usual TDM or conquest. You only have to look at the server count on cod and about 80% are on TDM, the rest on hardpoint or S&D. The majority of game modes are near empty, as they are crap.
This games the same. Lots of modes, but I haven't even tried them as they sound dire! Lots of reviewers complain of lack of game modes, but it seems to have as many as the average fps.
I actually play permanently in fps view. I find it annoying taking cover in 3rd as you don't get a line of sight, so often end up shooting the object your taking cover behind.

I agree @TomSx I'd buy play this over cod any time. Playing the same, albeit slightly revised, game for 8 odd years is monotonous. At least this is different, the sound and graphics are superb. The simplicity is refreshing.
Its not everyone's cup of tea clearly though. Its growing on me and I'm enjoying it more and more.

The hero's are clunky and awkward to play, still have fun playing them, but could have been slicker somehow.
I don't like the random drop system for tie fighters, heroes etc. Seems a random, lame afterthought. My main bug bear is the fact that the grenades etc are on a cooldown timer, which I find great! Untill you die.... it doesn't reset your grenade, so if you just used it before dying you can't use it for a while into your next life. Its daft! You wouldn't be to any unfair advantage.
There's a few issues that bug me, but not enough to detract from what I find a very fun game.
My 2p [emoji106] [emoji4]

A SHED!
Fighter squadron on this could be massively improved. A death star map where it's based amongst a rebel fleet. It's too easy to take out the opponents transport and too hard to destroy the slave and melienium falcon.

Fighter squadron on this could be massively improved. A death star map where it's based amongst a rebel fleet. It's too easy to take out the opponents transport and too hard to destroy the slave and melienium falcon.
I agree. They should be tough, but not that tough! I was sat behind for millennium falcon for 2 or 3 lives. Shooting away constantly and firing missiles. Good points gain, but their too tough!
Anyone tried the new map/mode? I had a quick try last night. Seems good! It looks amazing! Stunning space battle above and the wreckages on the map you play amongst is great. The new game modes good too. Its basically rush from battlefield. It's very fast and intense play. Will be enjoying playing this new map very much. [emoji106] [emoji4]

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I have played this a bit with my lad, Graphics are awesome, just seems a bit samey to me, probably give it another go tonight.....

Been playing it for an hour or so. Looks really good but it's a bit one dimensional IMO. After you have blasted a few storm troopers, it became fairly boring. Might have been a lot better with a really good single player campaign.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I found it boring when I got it but then my mate bought it and when we squad up together its properly fun (and stressful). Drop Zone gets me the easiest points.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I've taken the plunge and bought this now, I have keen hopes, but very very wary, given the slating some people have given it!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You need to play it with some friends to get the best.
The fact the game is 'online only' kind of indicates there's a social/teamwork aspect to it all.

Having everyone from your party on the same team, except for one poor guy is pretty amusing.
Poor sod spends the entire match being hunted down by his mates.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Why the f**k do people keep harping on about single player? Always been a small part of Battlefront.

What it needs is a better progression / upgrade system & more maps for online. If there was enough content would be no need for single player. Not many players of BF4/COD/Titanfall talking about that time they 360 no scoped a guy in single player......

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I got this for my birthday, was on offer for about £36 online, so decided to give it a go, after being all hyped up from watching The Force Awakens and feeling all nostalgic.

So far I like it, played a lot of the single player missions/challenges at first, speeder bikes, X-Wings, etc... which was good fun, did this to get used to them without being in a live game, so I wasn't diving into the deep end once I got online.

I then jumped into a Jakku battle, where I died lots LOL, but it's just like starting from scratch in Battlefield, need to progress to get better weapons & perks, but I still got a few kills and managed to progress & unlock some stuff.

clio 16v
Still don't get the hate. Was playing Jakku last night and loved it.

It's better than the same old COD shite.
I don't get the hate either. It's like battlefield with a star wars skin, which isn't unexpected considering they're both by Dice. I don't see what's not to like.

Will tide me over until battlefield 5 comes out, 4 was getting a little bit stale.

DCi
Had a go on my brothers copy while I'm at my mum and dads - seems decent enough but a lack of maps might be a fair criticism

GTD, Lupo
I really don't get the hate.

It's just so limited... No single campaigns, about 13 weapons to choose from and most are very similar. Jump is a joke and once you level up its so cheap and easy to get kills.

So many better games out there with a lot less hype. Or it might just be a case of different strokes for different folks. I last about 24 hours with it and back to Destiny I went.