ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

squeeling noise

skoda and audi

When the cars been stood say overnight and its been damp when you start it up it makes a squeeling noise its looks like it coming from the power steering as when you turn the steering you can hear the noise getting louder but after a couple of minutes driving it goes.Told them about it on my last service and the mechanic said the belts need re tensioning and that seemed to cure the problem but since its been raining the last couple of days it got worse.Anybody ant ideas.

it could be the tensioning but i had the same prob and it wasnt that. when i got the my valver i got the belts changed. either the mechanics or the motor factors got it wrong but they fitted a williams belt which is slightly bigger which caused my sqeulling problem. U might have the wrong belt!