ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spun out three times tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172 Cup.
Okay so I've got two brand new rainsport 3's on the front and Yokohama 's drives on the rear with decent tread. It's quite rainy and on three roundabouts doing average speed my cup has spun out and I'm facing oncoming traffic. Cars lowered on coilovers. Any idea on why this is? Because I'm taking corners at low speeds and can feel the back end trying to kick out still?

172 Cup.
On three different roundabouts though? Unless it's on my tyres. Quite scary though. The front end holds no bother but the rear just goes.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
If they were in a row a truck could be leaking it everywhere go a test drive tomorrow see how it is, but as said above have a look at shocks and springs

172 Cup.
It was new vmaxx coilovers fitted less than 2 months ago. I'll have a look. But I've took corners at those speeds before and been fine.

172 cup
Tyres on the rear are shite compared to the front. You should always run the better tyre on the rear unless you like lift off over-steer.
I had P Zeros on the front and Toyos on the rear when I first brought my Cup and the lift off was there even in damp conditions. With Pirellis all round, its all but gone.

Try swapping the fronts for the rears...

Clio 182 - RB
Probs the road surface, 2 roundabouts near me my car spins out if i'm not careful. Been like that for a good while now, pay £300 a year road tax and nothing gets done.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Crap shocks.
Suspension too hard.
Crap tyres.
Bald tyres.
Flat tyres.
Unicorn jizz.
Banana skins.
Excess speed.
You lifted off.
Diesel on the road.
You weren't trying hard enough.
You were trying too hard.

One or more of these were probably the cause.

Check your tyres and shocks, and slow down when the conditions require you to do so.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It was new vmaxx coilovers fitted less than 2 months ago. I'll have a look. But I've took corners at those speeds before and been fine.

I had Vmaxx on my old ph1 a year or 2 back and they was bought brand new. Within 2 months/less than 1000 miles, the shocks had leaked/broke. This turned out to be a bad batch from Vmaxx. I'd guess that you have ones from that batch!

BMW 320d SE
If your alignment is way out, this can cause problems too. Unlikely in a Clio though, so probably ran out of talent/poor rear tyres.

RB Clio 182
Its still hard to spin on 3 roundabouts with mediocre tyres on and the rear beam hanging off in the wet if you are driving normally, especially to be facing oncoming traffic.

I smell 50mph.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Its still hard to spin on 3 roundabouts with mediocre tyres on and the rear beam hanging off in the wet if you are driving normally, especially to be facing oncoming traffic.

I smell 50mph.
Just what I was thinking. My mum has the cheapest tyres you can find on her car and she's never spun out.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Your average joe who's not into cars at all will probably have crap tyres on their car, even they don't spin 3 times once after another.

Something must be wrong.

Exactly Harvey.
Though if you asked 100 petrolheads 95 would argue the hind legs off a donkey its not human input until shown

Hence folklaw about 205 head trimming abilities , widow making 911's and elises that would kill you if you as much as thought about lifting mid corner !

Status
Not open for further replies.