ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacers 'guide'/info

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Hmm, that looks great. Handle okay on that? What ET are the wheels?

The top picture (standard wheels) are 43 offset I think. It handled well with just the bilsteins in that pic.

The williams wheels are et 36 I think. It handles brilliantly imo (a few trackday videos support this). But it's got ASTs, roll centre kit and a whole host of other suspension goodies so not sure how much the spacers have / haven't helped.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Found a better front view to see the stance..
P1010243.JPG

I have 195 tyres on the front and 205 on the rear.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Bloody hell, this hurt my head about offsets.
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/difference-in-et-speedline-turinis-to-172-cup-turninis.551168/

Anyone have a pic where it says the offset on turinis, so i know where to look?

Should be on back of one of the spokes. However I've just seen this which looks as though it's on the outer rim on the rear of the wheel.

Also someone has said on another thread that it is printed in the centre hub of the wheel if they're Speedlines rather than Renaults Speedlines.

304ef6f4.jpg

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Should be on back of one of the spokes. However I've just seen this which looks as though it's on the outer rim on the rear of the wheel.

Also someone has said on another thread that it is printed in the centre hub of the wheel if they're Speedlines rather than Renaults Speedlines.

304ef6f4.jpg

Hmm, i'll try again! Thanks though.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Next question would be had anyone fitted 5mm spacers with standard bolts and had issues?
That flamer is ace

Does anyone know what the standard bolt length is? 25mm? Just trying to work out what bolt length to get with the rear spacers, thank you in advance.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
If you get rear shims,you dont need longer bolts and 10mm plus on spacers you need longer bolts i think.

So if i was only going 5mm each side 10mm total on the rear I wouldn't need new bolts?

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
So if i was only going 5mm each side 10mm total on the rear I wouldn't need new bolts?
Yes mate,im pretty sure you wouldnt need longer bolts for 5mm.but anything bigger i would recommend getting longer bolts.

I do have some longer bolts and a load of bolts if anyone needs some to.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Yes mate,im pretty sure you wouldnt need longer bolts for 5mm.but anything bigger i would recommend getting longer bolts.
I do have some longer bolts and a load of bolts if anyone needs some to.

That's good to know as you aren't far away from me :smile: think i will give them a go and see what happens!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
ok mate no worries,the longer bolts are for 20mm spacers tho.I dont need them anymore as i have stud conversion.
No problems, have been looking at the stud conversions too, that will have to wait I think

Yep standard bolt size is 26mm BUT even tho these should be ok for 5mm spacers, as I've said before, for such a low cost item it's not worth the risk, just my own opinion, for the 5mm spacers on my car I moved up to 30mm bolts

Oh and that photo of the numbers on the back of the rim of the cup Turini, that's where they are on mine too :up:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Yep standard bolt size is 26mm BUT even tho these should be ok for 5mm spacers, as I've said before, for such a low cost item it's not worth the risk, just my own opinion, for the 5mm spacers on my car I moved up to 30mm bolts
Oh and that photo of the numbers on the back of the rim of the cup Turini, that's where they are on mine too :up:

When I order the spacers I am going to order new 30mm bolts, I agree because they aren't expensive I don't think it is worth the risk. I am going hubcentric on the front so they will be all good :up:

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Right, just ordered 10mm PMS spacers, probably chuck them on the rear and then buy some 10mm fronts in the new year. Still no idea what et my wheels are!

Will 10mm all round look odd?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Looking at your car and looking at those wheels I would say the offset is 38.5

10mm will look fine especially the fronts :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
@NorthloopCup I always see people put 25mm on the mk3s and I always think it looks too much. Having a bit of tuck looks more oem even if they are spaced out.

38.5 being cup size (the better size over trophy)?

Yes. The lower the number, the further they stick out. As cup turinis are a lower offset over the trophy ones, they are the more desirable ones to have.

2007 Megane R26
Wow Chris_Beer that looks great! Never seen a white one before.
I have 20mm spacers on the front which fill the arches perfectly. 20mm on the back will rub with 205's as I found out so currently not using any.
Will wide front spacers increase understeer? You'd think the opposite would result.