ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Difference In ET Speedline Turinis To 172 Cup Turninis

Flame Red 172
Hi all,
I am to understand that if i went to speedline and bought some 16" turinis for my 172 cup (as it came on silly team dynamics) they would be a different et to what came on the car originally?
What is the difference?
Quite new to this so any help would be grateful.
Thanks
Dan

500 Twinair
Hello Dan

I believe the 172 cup turini's are ET 37
I know the Speedline turini's are ET 35 and ET 40.
Also the Cup and Trophy turini centre caps do not fit the Speedline Turini's.
You are better off looking for a second hand set of cup turini's on here, getting them refurbed.

172DD Cup
cheers, bit confused now though. given that the trophy wheels are et45 and cups are et38, i'm right in thinking then that the trophys stick further out than the cup alloys. i've read that the non-cup clios have an offset of 36. i'm told the offset gives the cup its wider track, but 36 v 38 is only 2mm further out each side and the cup track is 10mm wider each side.... i'll stop now, hopefully someone can explain

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
et 36? no, the non cups 172's are et 48,5 (phase 2, can't remember ph1), the cup is et 38 so 10.5 mm wider on each side.
and the trophy wheels being et 45 it means they give a narrower track than et 38 (the smaller the number- the wider the track)
of course, trophy has different wheel hubs meaning it has probably the same track as a 172 cup
on the same car, to clarify, the cup et38 wheels will give a wider track

172DD Cup
cheers. i've been looking at pictures of wheel offset and i just can't grasp it for some reason. i'll just think smaller = wider, thats easier.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Also, if you're planning to lower a Cup-Packed 182, you'll need the Turinis made for the Trophy with the higher 45 offset.

Either that or roll the rear arches.