ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacers 'guide'/info

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
New cup shocks, cooksports, 16mm hubcentric front and rear.
IMG_0806.JPG
IMG_0807.JPG

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'm running standard 16's with 10mm rear spacers and 20mm fronts at the minute. Hubcentric with studs/nuts and the added bonus of the wheel trims still fitting.

I'll grab some pictures but it looks a million times better and I can't really say i've noticed it handle any worse? It's nice to know when i'm not running 2118's, my standard wheels will also look good.

Clio II 1.2 v16
I've just got a Clio 2 1.2 v16 anyone know anywhere i can get hub centric spacers and what a good width of the spacer would be for stock wheel front and back beacuse the gap now is not the most pleasent to look at:sweatsmile:

I want to add some rear spacers to the Cup, 10mm ideally. I can't seem to find anything of any quality? I'm wary of generic universal ones, unless I'm worrying over nothing?

Any recommendations?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
That’s a stub axle kit that fits behind the brakes etc.

Others I think have used the ‘normal’ spacers for the rears, but I have only ever had those.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
10mm pms rear hub spacers. Through kamracing as cheaper.
Don't get the MAD ones off eBay as they're substandard bolts IMHO

What length wheel bolts do I need to jump up to with 10mm bolts (please don't anyone suggest measuring my current ones, wanna order today). PMS can supply the correct ones, but they're away until Monday, and I want to get them ordered and dispatched soon.

Don’t really want the hassle of seized bolts on the stub axle. It’s cheaper and “better” to space the stub axle out I know, but it’s a lot more faff.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
The bolts have nuts on the end that you can get to from behind. Once you have cracked these off it'll be a piece of cake to get the bolts moving.
It's easy to drill off the head too if it comes to it.
You'll only have to remove your rear discs when the bearings die from the hubcentric spacers.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
The bolts have nuts on the end that you can get to from behind. Once you have cracked these off it'll be a piece of cake to get the bolts moving.
It's easy to drill off the head too if it comes to it.

You make it sound so easy!!

I've got slip on 5mm PMS spacers all round on mine and never had any issues. But again, only 5mm! Still looks really good tho.
Standard bolts are indeed 26mm so I went 30mm just to be safe although the standard ones would probably have been ok with 5mm