ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South west calendar shoot (weekend of the 19th)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Right then I would like the south west to get a group shoot into the CS calendar this year.

After speaking to the admin we can send some GOOD!!! photos over after the close date.

So it will be held on the 19th of October weekend but it can be Saturday the 19th or Sunday the 20th so let me know what suits as I'm free on either day and then it will be the most cars available on that day that will decide which day it's held on.

The location will be mid south west area so say Barnstaple to plymouth and anywhere about 20 mins either side if you where to draw an imaginary line across from one to another.

I have not decided on a set location for a shoot but I am asking for people with local knowledge of these areas to send ideas of places to hold this shoot (VIA PM TO MYSELF) bearing in mind there could be a few cars attending!

If you have photos of the place you recommend that would also help a lot with the decision :)

I would also like everyone who has a camera that can produce good quality images (no iPhones don't come into that category) to bring it along and see what they can produce :)

Also I must add anyone who attends this meet will be agreeing to have the photos published with their car in the image as it is (do not be coming to me afterwards saying you don't want that picture going up due to insurance problems, I don't like it etc etc!)

We may also vote on the photos to send over at the end as well if we have say more then 3 GOOD!!! Ones lol

Again as normal any questions about this meet feel free to send a PM over and I will try my best to answer it :)

Dan

This.^ Such a chore in the winter but it will be well worth it if we manage to get some good pics. I'll be bringing a load of MF towels and rapid detailer cause no doubt the car will be filthy by the time I get there! I'll also bring my camera and hopefully get a few decent shots.

Yes im in - either day, (not early am though), could combine with the RR day?

This sounds like a plan! I might be working til 11 though so will get changed at work and shoot over if need be.

How much is it for a run?

Gherkin, is there anywhere to park other than the pub where that massive cliff is? That could be a good shout.

No, there's a small pub right at the bottom of a massive cliff face, I don't have a clue what the pub is called though. It's at the Tavi side of the moors iirc.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
I'll come, even though I don't have a car, but I have a camera and no idea how to use it except press a button and it clicks.

I'll come, even though I don't have a car, but I have a camera and no idea how to use it except press a button and it clicks.

You getting the bus? ;)

It was the dartmoor inn I was thinking of, but I can't see anywhere to stop by the cliff so might have to scrap that one.

PB Clio 172
I should be able to make it, would love too, just started a new job so its all work depending.....

where is your 182 Ed ??

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
where is your 182 Ed ??

Back home, where my sister is using it. Have no where to park it down here, and its a 10 min walk into uni and 2 min walk into town. Dont have much need for one, although and I have bad itching for a hoon somewhere.
Might see when the date is for the RR day and see if she will bring it down that weekend, would like to see what power its making.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
So we have one potential location so far, is there anymore that people want to put forward?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I do doubt we will pull in 15 for a photo meet but if it's for a location that cannot take more than say 15 don't worry fire them over and if we do get 15+ we will try something else

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Can't you drive it as 3rd party only under an existing policy?

Temp cover it for a day?. It was less £50 for me (age + points) so I could go get my 182. Still cheaper than the train lol.

It's no longer taxed now so that isn't even an option.

3rd party won't work either as the car is mine and 3rd party cover on your own insurance is only allowed on cars that you don't own so my pug insurance won't cover it even if it was taxed.

Never mind, looks like I'm cleaning the 200 then lol.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Why'd you ask?

if we had 15/16+ clios we could have done an aerial shot like this...

16cars.png

Just thinking creatively :)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Got a helicopter?

(you could do it with 9 by the way)

yes actually I do, an esky honey bee king, but I don't know how to fly it lol. Anyway you don't need a helicopter, just a carpark with a tall building beside it. also it would look really square/boxy with 9.