ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South wales meet/drive?

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just wondered if there's any members from wales and the surrounding areas that would be up for a meet and a blast towards the end of February/start of March? Weather depending obviously.

Head up towards the Brecon/Builth Wells roads leaving from Tesco in Newport maybe/possibly/could do?

Have a route planned on Google maps which I used to do on the bike with a few mates, some lovely roads, lots of tight twisty corners, plenty of straights and good spots to have a munch and refuel on route every 40/50 miles.

http://goo.gl/maps/RoKPF

Anyone interested?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
It does go quiet in that section from time to time... LOL! There are a couple of car clubs in the area that do regular drives out and about but tend not to post about it on here much. Usually a mixture of cars with a Clio or two for good measure. And then, of course, there are the CS.net meets which have been pretty good on occasion, too. I'll be doing loads of miles this year along and around the route you highlighted - some great roads to enjoy. :) Probably from March onwards depending on this supposed Bad, Cold, Long Winter Spell We Are Going To Experience. Or something.

clio 182 trophy
I would be up for a drive as once the colder months have passed I will be giving the suspension an overhaul, so will be looking for some new (better) roads.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I would be up for this :)

Sound, give us a pm closer to confirm bud.

I would be up for a drive as once the colder months have passed I will be giving the suspension an overhaul, so will be looking for some new (better) roads.

These roads are pretty focking tidy to be fair, normally best at the start of march, tend to get a bit busy with bikes after that.
I'd be tempted to drive across to Wales for this. :D

Feel free chapperz, the more the merrier!

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It does go quiet in that section from time to time... LOL! There are a couple of car clubs in the area that do regular drives out and about but tend not to post about it on here much. Usually a mixture of cars with a Clio or two for good measure. And then, of course, there are the CS.net meets which have been pretty good on occasion, too. I'll be doing loads of miles this year along and around the route you highlighted - some great roads to enjoy. :) Probably from March onwards depending on this supposed Bad, Cold, Long Winter Spell We Are Going To Experience. Or something.

You going to be tagging along then Sharky? I don't believe this weathers going to be all that bad myself, it was meant to hit in November! Never did.
Going to be sticking to the legal limits on the roads, can still have plenty of fun on those twistys at 60mph...ish :p

In all seriousness though it's not worth tanking it on most of the roads up there, a lot of the roads are to risky and I wouldn't want anyone taking there car home in bit's or worse, themselves!

On that note if anyone does come along and is intending on driving like a loon, your welcome to go at the front but just remember the police do patrol these roads as they are used by some mentalist bikers so speed at your own risk.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'd tag along mate :) I know the roads well after being introduced to them a good few years ago when I moved to Wales by another fellow performance car enthusiast / driver on here. Indeed, NSL is more than enough for some of those roads and they are ideally suited to the Clio. I should have my car back by the time March / April rolls around, too! LOL! :D

Last time the weather was really good for a proper drive was back at the end of October. Was a PH/ClioSport meet and was a lot of fun, but it mainly consisted of Clio boys.
Met some good people and made a couple of local mates I still meet up with.

Some of the best roads are around here - don't worry - it'll happen. :rasp:

Your route looks good though, you should lead the next meet.

Last edited:

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Regardless.

Still needs to be put in the correct section.

That was resolved yesterday I believe Martin.
It's also more of a general discussion as it's open to people from the surrounding areas not just wales and as I'm just seeing if any one is interested for now it seems appropriate to leave it here.

Last time the weather was really good for a proper drive was back at the end of October. Was a PH/ClioSport meet and was a lot of fun, but it mainly consisted of Clio boys.
Met some good people and made a couple of local mates I still meet up with.

Some of the best roads are around here - don't worry - it'll happen. :rasp:

Your route looks good though, you should lead the next meet.

I'd be happy to lead it as I've done that route many a time on my bike, just not so sure everyone would be happy going at my pace as I would be sticking to the legal limits.

172 Flamer
I'll be up for joining this Clio convoy for a little blam! I'll keep an eye out for confirmation of the date nearer the time...

Focus RS + S3
I'd be interested in popping along, I'll be putting the RS back on the road soon so should be able to make a meet/drive, or I'll just bring the 1.2 lol

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'll be up for joining this Clio convoy for a little blam! I'll keep an eye out for confirmation of the date nearer the time...

No worries Barry, I'll be dropping everyone a message with possible dates and we'll go with when ever's best for the majority.

I'd be interested in popping along, I'll be putting the RS back on the road soon so should be able to make a meet/drive, or I'll just bring the 1.2 lol

feel free Hodgins, it's open to all.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Any more for any more?

Update for anyone interested in tagging along

Meet will be towards the start of april, will sort final date this week!
Plan of the day is to head up to Rhayder through Abergavenny/Brecon/Builth-Wells, leaving from Tesco in Newport.
Some lovely roads, lots of tight twisty corners and good spots to have a munch and refuel on route every 40/50 miles or so if it's needed.

Link to route.
http://goo.gl/maps/RoKPF

If your interested in popping along drop a comment in the thread and a PM will be sent out to you with date and times.

Bug

Megane rs250
Unfortunately I wont be able to attend in April looking to book a few days in Amsterdam for April

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Going all the way there and not going over the A4069 seems an odd route.

If you look on the route Matt, point B is the car park for the castle ruins/west end cafe and 100/200 meters from a petrol station (for anyone who'll need a top up by then). Next to it is the left turn off for the A4069. I was planning to see what the consensus was on day when we got to the cafe, taking in to account the fact that the A4069 will be swarmed with bikers if it's warm and dry due to the months and months of wet weather we've had so would be hard for people to get a decent blast through the BM's. More bikers also means more police out on patrol.

If every one was/is up for giving it a run then it could be done both ways (for twice the fun) before carrying on with the route and anyone who wasn't up for it/isn't up for it could have a munch in the cafe or pub down the road. Don't fret old boy, it's all been thought of.

Monaco 172
I dont suppose you were driving around down around spitty yesterday around 2 maybe 3 filters?? Seen a silver clio but couldnt get a close enough look if it was you?

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I dont suppose you were driving around down around spitty yesterday around 2 maybe 3 filters?? Seen a silver clio but couldnt get a close enough look if it was you?

Mayyyyy of been if it was just after 3 Turner... passed Spytty on the way to halfords for some bulbs at some point yesterday around that time.

P.S to all interested in the day out/blast I've planned it for Saturday the 6th of April.
That good with everyone?

Monaco 172
It may of been you then i was comming over the riverside bridge by b&q heading towards spitty, was just checking as there are so many of clios around at the moment.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It may of been you then i was comming over the riverside bridge by b&q heading towards spitty, was just checking as there are so many of clios around at the moment.

May we'll of been then bud.
Don't suppose it was you that tried keeping up 2 weeks back? Had a play with a monaco blue 172 going past the docks towards Dyffryn.

Monaco 172
If you were in your car then no it wasnt me, i havent had a play with another clio apart from my mates, im not down that way very often and when i am the gf puts a stop to all fun :(

Clio 172
6th is a sunday this year mate that correct? Or did you mean the 5th , if its a saturday will be a hard one to get off work unfortunately :(

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
6th is a sunday this year mate that correct? Or did you mean the 5th , if its a saturday will be a hard one to get off work unfortunately :(

b****cks your right, I meant saturday 5th but as others may have the same problem as you.
Lets keep it on the 6th.

Sunday 6th of april
My apologies all.

Clio 172

Could have been me dude pretty much standard 172 with black wheels? My girlfriend lives over that way so mainly about that neck of the woods