ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Someone reversed into me! Is this fixable?

Clio 1.2
Long story short I was in a busy car park someone was pulling out of a space infront of the infront of me he has backed up to let him out and hasn't seen me sitting behind him and has clipped my car. I've had my friend have a look who is a mechanic and he has said the whole bumper will need replacing as the clips are broke. Is their any alternative?

Attachments

• IMG_0022[1].JPG
    IMG_0022[1].JPG
    693.5 KB · Views: 302
Fixed the photo for you mate.

Which clips are supposedly broke? Did you get the bloke's insurance details?

Clio 1.2
Thank you pal. I got his registration and phone number also took pictures of both of our cars. I recieved a letter today from Essex Police saying I failed to report an accident and didn't stay at the scene and they're saying I need to go to court and could recieve 10 penalty points... SCREWING.

He just said the clips are busted didn't say what ones but I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff.

Clio 1.2
Yeah he's saying I went into him and the failure to report an accident is where he has said he will pay me for the damage so I don't claim but where he has claimed and I didn't notify anybody I'm the one commiting offences.

Clio 1.2
Basically I have to go to court and I've read up for both offences you recieve 5-10 points on your licence.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like he's told you that so you don't rush into anything so he can make his first move which he has now done.. Utter c**t.

Only thing I can suggest is send the pictures and details to your insurance.. Is there good proof of who it was? As for the police thing I have no idea how you would go about that tbh, tell them what actually happened and see what they say.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If it's a busy car park, see if it has CCTV?

That's a c***s truck though, I'd be going mental! Lol

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Use the phone number to try and track where he lives, then get him to come to the front door and kick him in the balls as hard as you can and call him a snide little prick, and tell him he's everything that's wrong with the modern world.

Please, and thank you.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
If it's a busy car park, see if it has CCTV?

That's a c***s truck though, I'd be going mental! Lol
+1 - must be CCTV which if you're telling us the truth.. the courts can quite clearly see him reverse in to you, then you can explain to them the reason you didn't report it and fingers crossed he gets a b*llocking for it.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Pricks.

I'd pull the bumper off and see if you can remake the mounting point.

All you need is some fibre glass.

And hopefully the bumper can be polished to reduce the mark.

Westfield, 182, 200
What?

Remind me never to park anywhere near you.

Thanks for the positive reply, trying to help this guy out!
If there's no CCTV, no reliable witnesses, and it's not on the queen's highway, surely an offence hasn't been committed as far as the police are concerned?? So no points or court appearance??

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Thanks for the positive reply, trying to help this guy out!
If there's no CCTV, no reliable witnesses, and it's not on the queen's highway, surely an offence hasn't been committed as far as the police are concerned?? So no points or court appearance??

Private land or not, if you c**t into somebody's car, you're liable for the damages.

Westfield, 182, 200
Yeah, fair enough for being liable for the damage, but it's proving who's at fault without evidence.
If it was me, I'd be right pxxsed off, but more concerned about the points on my licence.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Some of the responses in hear have forced me to not actually bother giving advice!

Oh and fibreglass knuckles? That's not even a hope in hell of working!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Have any of the light clips broken, try moving the light with your hands , the clips are notoriously weak.
Keep us updated with how this turns out mate.

Golfs
Frequently Asked Questions
Many questions can be answered by visiting the national www.askthe.police.uk/ website or if this information is not specific enough to Essex Police, by visiting www.essex.police.uk/rcr

I have been involved in a road collision do I have to report it?
This will depend on whether injury has been caused to any person and/or whether you have provided the required details at the scene of the incident. The Road Traffic Act 1988 (section 170) explains this fully.

If your (motorised) vehicle is involved in an accident you need to take the following steps to ensure you do not break the law.

Your duties are to stop, to give information, in some cases to produce your insurance certificate and in some cases to report the accident to the police.

Further Detail
If, as a driver, you are involved in a road-traffic accident and one or more of the following occurs:

• a person, other than yourself, is injured,
  • damage is caused to another vehicle or to someone else’s property,
  • an animal has been killed or injured, except in your own vehicle or trailer (an ‘animal’ is defined as ‘any horse, cattle, ass, mule, sheep, pig, goat or dog’)
You must:
  • stop and remain at the scene for a reasonable period
  • give your vehicle registration number, your name and address, and that of the vehicle owner (if different), to anyone with reasonable grounds for asking for those details
  • If you do not exchange those details at the scene, you must report the accident at a police station or to a police constable as soon as you can, and in any case within 24 hours.
In the case of injuries
Where injury is caused to another person, then in addition to the above you must also:

Produce your certificate of insurance, if anyone at the scene has reasonable grounds to see it. If you do not, you must report the accident at a police station or to a constable as soon as is practicable and in any case within 24 hours. You’ll need to produce your certificate of insurance.

Even if there was no injury involved, if someone holds you responsible for the accident, they have the right to request your insurance details. This request can be made later; it does not necessarily have to be at the time of the accident. A failure to provide that information without a reasonable excuse is also an offence.

How do I report a road collision/accident to the police?
If you did not comply with the requirement to stop and give details, produce your insurance (if injury caused) it is a legal requirement that you report the collision/accident in person at a police station as soon as is possible and in any case within 24 hours.

Reports of an accident/collision cannot be made by phone, post or e-mail – they must be made in person and within 24 hours.

http://www.essex.police.uk/contact_us/road_collision_records/faqs.aspx

Sounds like someone is claiming a rear end whiplash.

You need to ring the police, explain what happened and look for CCTV. If you can get his address, great.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Thank you pal. I got his registration and phone number also took pictures of both of our cars. I recieved a letter today from Essex Police saying I failed to report an accident and didn't stay at the scene and they're saying I need to go to court and could recieve 10 penalty points... SCREWING.

He just said the clips are busted didn't say what ones but I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff.

Heres an idea.

Why don't you pick up the phone and speak to them and explain the situation?

Clio 1.2
Heres an Idea for you.

I Have done but i've explained the situation the same as I have on here and they wont accept it so..