ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some women went into me

Clio MK 4
I was at the front of a round about waiting to go and suddenly someone smacked into the back of me. I shat myself as thought the damage will have been bad. Anyway we both pulled over and i checked my car and there isn't even a single scratch.

Checked this morning in the light and looked under the carpet in the boot and all seems ok. cant see anything. I think the reason no damage is because when she went into me i didnt have my handbrake on or have my foot on the brake so it would have just pushed me. luckily no one was infront of me though.

Any thing i should check ? I think i'm very lucky as it hit the car hard.

Did you exchange insurance details though? I know you said there was no damage but it's always worth doing incase you find some damage in the near future.

Clio MK 4
she must have been going about 15mph maybe. i dunno as it was a busy roundabout so maybe not that but it was quite hard. Had i had my brake on it would have done some serious damage. I got her number and she said to call her if there is any damage. She seemed pretty shook up and she could have driven off as i had to pull over on another road and she followed

Call in to your local friendly body shop and get them to check the boot floor etc just for piece of mind, it sounds like you've got away ok with it, these things happen unfortunatly.

Clio MK 4
she was nice and was pretty gutted dont want to make her life worse by claiming whiplash when there wasn't. Only thing i did think about was my exhaust bracket has been broken for a while and never been arsed to pay for a new one lol.

Clio MK 4
Call in to your local friendly body shop and get them to check the boot floor etc just for piece of mind, it sounds like you've got away ok with it, these things happen unfortunatly.

i cant see anything on the boot floor. but might pop into the body garage still. Is it really bad if they find a slight crease?

Titanium 182
Look underneath your rear bumper, it might not be apparent especially if your car is dirty..

There is like foam in the rear bumper, check it hasn't squashed it or cracked any clips. I'd be surprised if its done absolutely nothing.

Clio
Lucky if there is no damage, but at 15mph I would expect some.

Also....... The thread title would have been so much better in GC.

Clio MK 4
Imagine you are stood still in traffic. Then the car in front moves forward a bit you accelerate and forget to brake. Kinda like that

Clio1.2, Dodge Caliber
Check the boot floor by the spare wheel well. Something similliar happened to my missus recently in her 1.2 and it cost over £1500 to put right.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
She probably wasn't going anywhere near 15mph. I hit a wall once in my Clio. I was rolling backwards at literally walking pace. The noise was unreal. Sounded like the back window had smashed and everything. But there was only a scratch from the wall, nothing else.

Albi blue 197
id ask for the pannels to be changed... it likes a motor bike helmet even if you drop it n seems there no damage there is really due to weakening...