ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ds3 grinding going into gear

cp1991

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 197
so my friend has a 2016 ds3 one day when driving it just wouldn't go into gear and would just grind. I went and had a look for her ( no pictures) and when it isn't running it goes into gear fine but with the engine running it doesn't. I started it in gear to move it for her and within one minute of driving it went into gear fine using the clutch. I left it running at idle for a minute to get her to come see it and then it wouldn't go into gear again.

Took it to a garage for her and they're saying it's the clutch, i thought it could be something in the hydraulics like slave or master cylinder as when it was used it started working again and i've never seen a clutch fix itself before.

Any one had anything similar?

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Or worn synchro's ( usually after low oil level because the offside driveshaft seal is leaking )

cp1991

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 197
forgot to mention clutch pedal felt horrendous at first, had no weight to it and was slowish to return after driving seemed to firm up a little but was still slow to return

cp1991

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 197
the reservoir was full and couldn't see or feel any leaks. My thought air is getting into the system somehow.
The garage has said its the clutch but don't want her to pay to have it changed and still not fix the problem.

cp1991

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 197
so you don't trust the garage's diagnosis, but your not willing to try a suggestion to actually confirm diagnosis?
The car is with the garage, i was just asking in case they tried to screw her over. I've not heard anything back so it's probably been fixed