ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So whos all planning on Knockhill events!??

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Cheers lads. I'll maybe get a couple things done on the car before I take it out. Would only be taking out the rear seats too. Add that to my novice status I won't be setting the lap on fire. What sort of times are realistic for a standard car with a novice behind the wheel?

I know this isn't really relevant but I'd like to have some sort of idea. Also, I know the track a bit as I've been loads taking photos and walking around etc

As a rough guide, if your close to a minute your doing a good decent lap. Hard as you might hit traffic or held up on corners so not really for timing, just go out n have fun, try and pass your mate then brag to him once your back in the pits... Or is that just me that does that haha :)

172 Cup (Track)
That mini was quick, pretty even with it on the straights and barely quicker round the back! Ive a video following it, he doesnt half throw it about and took me a few laps to pass it. Stupid colour though.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Really? He got in my way and took forever to move over twice for me! Didn't seem to e going slow enough for a warm up or cool down lap. Maybe there were 2 folk driving it.

172 Cup (Track)
Its bloody impressive for a 1300 up the straights!! :O Ill upload video of me following/ passing him later, hes throwing it about something!!

Cup In bits
Pics look good w33 brl, I might take one off you when they're all up.

Most of us lapping together

[video=youtube_share;7irCNmjy_JE]http://youtu.be/7irCNmjy_JE[/video]

Pulsar Gti-r,LY 182
I'm hoping to do a few in both the ly and the pulsar (not at the same time ovcourse) but no open days/ hot hatch days as I want to take my car home again haha sidc day etc where there's not dodgems on the track

Mickie

I'm hoping to do a few in both the ly and the pulsar (not at the same time ovcourse) but no open days/ hot hatch days as I want to take my car home again haha sidc day etc where there's not dodgems on the track

Mickie

a think some of the guys would say its only the hot hatch days that are dodgem days but thats only certain people too

172 Cup (Track)
Im looking forward to doing a hot hatch, far too many people get in your way on open pit sessions..

You can be on a hot lap and someones just came out the pits doing 30mph round the back, its seriously annoying!

Also, loads of novices do open pits and a lot cannot drive who also just get in the way.

Thats what i think anyway. ;)

172 Cup (Track)
Nice one mate, do you have a website? Your card is at home but dont think it had website?

Im looking forward to doing a hot hatch, far too many people get in your way on open pit sessions..

You can be on a hot lap and someones just came out the pits doing 30mph round the back, its seriously annoying!

Also, loads of novices do open pits and a lot cannot drive who also just get in the way.

Thats what i think anyway. ;)

Gaz, hot hatches are worse, 30 cars out at once, never get a clear lap!

And there's more novices doing HH days!!

I hav'nt done an open pit night, only hot hatch days that get turned into one due to numbers so cant really compare, but I get the impression its more die hards, with Big toys that do them, so not as fun moving out the way of them all the time in the clio.. hot hatch days you are grouped in with a lot of the same or similar spec and power cars making it abit more fun, but the hot hatch day definetly attracts a few crackers, especially in the summer haha