ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So whos all planning on Knockhill events!??

172 Cup (Track)
Superb, so whos all going on the 8th?

Fraser J
Fraser J- said your mates going?
Niel A
Andy 93
w33 BRL

Possibly Me, Morgan (MG Cup) and some other guys with a Cup from north of Aberdeen.

So possibly 8? That would be some serious fun!! I need my gearbox repaired pronto!!

Is there plenty spaces left?

Ph2 172
My mate has dropped out so I'm touch and go at the minute. I'll probably make a last minute decision if there are spaces left.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
All coming together now, even if its a bit last minute as usual, CLCM for tracking on Friday morning, DS3000 coming and needing bedded in before going, bled the brakes, change the oil and box oil, change the wheels and tyres, you know, the usual. Friday will be busy anyway!

172 Cup (Track)
All coming together now, even if its a bit last minute as usual, CLCM for tracking on Friday morning, DS3000 coming and needing bedded in before going, bled the brakes, change the oil and box oil, change the wheels and tyres, you know, the usual. Friday will be busy anyway!

Ive got a gearbox to change on Friday night, beat that! Lol

172 Cup (Track)
I'm tempted to go. Running standard suspension on a cup. Be okay on track? Thoughts? Only the 1-5 slot left

Will be ok, obviously not as good as upgraded. Brakes will be the first thing to let you down before suspension id think.

Saying that, last week there were boys (father/son) up with a bog standard Cup, they had a great day with no issues and even their brakes were fine. I think they said it was 20quid motor factor pads in it too. Lol

I want to go but going to have to wait until gearbox has arrived and fitted all good. If i book and dont go ill lose 50 quid. Meh!

Hopefully ill get box, its mint condition and its fitted Friday night and test drives good- then theres a free spot left for me! :)

Got ds250 pads but need them bled properly as someone is clearly s**t at doing it. So brakes would be ok.

If you don't go pm me and il buy your space haha. I'm coming home from London so got to drive up then round Knockhill then back down again Sunday. Trying to work out if it's value for money

Cup In bits
@Gaz-m just book up and cancel it if you can't make it, at least you have the space. I have cancelled the night before and kept the credit in my account.

Thats my car ready other than changing a tyre. Looking forward to being there with all the clio's.

172 Cup (Track)
Thats crap CallyTee! What bushes you go for?

Morgan, i checked website and it says 3 days in advance and i can keep credit otherwise lose 50% up to a certain point then get nothing back.

Its not looking good for even getting the gearbox ive bought, supposedly the tracking is saying 'please call'. Thats unlikely to change to 'out for delivery' like i need it to tomorrow!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is nearly ready hoping to get some tyres tomorrow , if not i have some old o048's on my Pro Race 2's. Still to sort out a trailer and load up aswell.

twingo
guys i was wondering, it'll be my first track day and i don't know the whole track ettiquete. i wont be bringing a godzilla, just a little twingo gt (callytee you might have seen it around loch lomond, small world : blue twingo gt, green wheels. can't miss it :p) so if i want to take it out on track should i let everyone know in my group that it's my first time and to take it easy on me? lol, i'm not an angry driver or anything so i'll be keeping out of peoples way. just don't want to be writing off my daily driver :p

Cup In bits
You will be fine Oscar, it can be a daunting thought and your legs will be shaking like a s**tting dog until you get a few laps in. Its a 4hr OPL (open pit lane) so you can come and go in those 4 hrs. A good day to pop your cherry.

If you just stay aware and pull to the right if you see a faster car in the mirror. The lead driver has the command/control whatever you want to call it. If someone is filling your rear view for 2-3 corners In a row when your not in traffic then just indicate and move over. There's no need to worry you'll love it. Get booked on :)

Also to answer your question. No need to tell anyone you are new. If someone is being a bell end then just report them to the control tower.

guys i was wondering, it'll be my first track day and i don't know the whole track ettiquete. i wont be bringing a godzilla, just a little twingo gt (callytee you might have seen it around loch lomond, small world : blue twingo gt, green wheels. can't miss it :p) so if i want to take it out on track should i let everyone know in my group that it's my first time and to take it easy on me? lol, i'm not an angry driver or anything so i'll be keeping out of peoples way. just don't want to be writing off my daily driver :p

i more likely have seen you at some point mate. Don't worry about being a "new guy" I have seen 1.2 clios and seat arosa's on the track at the same time as me and you just move out the way when possible. Think of it as a 500bhp evo chasing a clio sport lol.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The briefings are pretty good and they often cover extra bits for first timers. All the staff are properly friendly so you can always ask questions.
Also, feel free to ask any of us for a passenger ride, I'm sure we'd all be happy to

172 Cup (Track)
My gearbox has just arrived, phoned Knockhill and booked on, only 3 spaces left!! Need to phone to book now.

Cup In bits
My gearbox has just arrived, phoned Knockhill and booked on, only 3 spaces left!! Need to phone to book now.

Like this ^^^ pull the finger ;)

Anyone one that's going I am bringing some 16" pro race 1.2's in anthracite that could be doing with a refurb (Stone chips, no kerbing with spare spigot rings and centre caps) clad in 205/45/16 federal RSR's stil road legal with plenty of meat left. Yours for £300 if you take them tomorrow.

I also have a set of black insert xenons with silvatec bulbs in generaly good condition, one or two clips broken but it does not affect fitting. £100 takes them tomorrow.

If anyone's interested in the xenons let me know and I can bring them.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Well thats me ready i think, loaded on the trailer and new tyres fitted, I'm going to try the AD06's if its wet if not I have a set of wheels with AD48's loaded swell.

If the weather is anything like it was in Dumfermline today, we could need anything from snow tyres to slicks.:cry:

Cup In bits
Good stuff @neil a, be good to see you again.

Left field choice of tyres, never heard of them models before. Its went from a 40% chance of rain early on to cloudy all day on my weather report in 4 hours :dapprove:.

There is no point in predicting weather at KH, it has its own microclimate. I only have semis though :evil:

Is that chant @Gaz-m finished his thing yet? ;)

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Its A048's i have on my Pro race 2's , don't know where i got AD48 from :S Ive got a set of 048's to pick up at knockhill aswell.
The AD06's I got from Ronnie today he has just bought in a load of them ,a lot of the Lotus guys use them apparently more a fast road/track tyre but seem fairly grippy but will need scrubbed in.

Cup In bits
That makes sense then Neil. You'll have to inform me which mini runners you are getting your tyres from tomorrow.

Nice Clio that Gaz, but......... does it run?