ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

so i was driving last night....

i was driving home last night on the motorway, decided to give it the beans a bit.. pulled up at the traffic lights coming off the motorway and i take it out of gear and my car seems to be stuck idling between 2-3k... and hunting up and down severly.... then the electronic fault comes on the dashboard and i have lack of power... turn the engine off and its still there, wait a few minutes and its gone... but it was still idling a bit funny but now it seems to have sorted itself? any ideas?

ive got another issue of when im trying to start the car,, i turn the key and nothing happens, doesn't even turn over at all... i got stuck in tescos car park the other day cause of this!? i opened the bonnet and wiggeled a few wires around the gearbox area and it seemed to start... so im guessin that may be only a loose wire on the startermotor or something?

seems as the french in my car is showing already!

MK3, RX450H.
I had a simular problem with my mk3 clio.
I put foot down, when in 5th at 4.5k revs, it lost power and wouldn't give any more and had to slow down. After turning the car off and back on again, it was fine.....UNTIL i got to the same revs again.
I did my research and it's apparently LIMP HOME MODE.
Went to Renault, and they fixed it. They blamed it on my exhaust with it being under warranty still. But had the exhaust put back on, and it seems fine.
Problem to me is still unknown.