ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So I took the plunge... Recommend me some games?

So as of Saturday night me and the misses bought a PS3 and an Xbox 360 (The PS3 comes today, Xbox tomorrow) I've been out of the gaming scene for a good year now for the Xbox I have order Forza 4 (It's a must) I've been suggested Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 and work through them in that order and last but not least SkyRim.

Anyone got any more to add to the list? Im open to all suggestions bar sport (other than racing)

Thank you guys and nerds :)

Nick

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Sounds like you have enough to keep you inside for a few months as it is tbh.

There's a few cracking titles on XBL Arcade that shouldn't be missed. I've been off the Xbox for ages now but Trials HD is definitely a winner, Geometry Wars also an absolute corker.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Gears of War 3. Must get.
Max Payne 3 is decent.

New Forza and NFS in the next couple of months too, along with Hitman Absolution which looks bad ass. Oh and F1 2012 :)

I do indeed Jeff :) We are running out of films to watch on our normal saturday night. So I borrowed her dads PS3 with Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Underworld for the week, Safe to say I didn't want to give it back :(. So we bought one of each so we can get most games out so far :D

Call of Duty series I am looking at as well Black Ops II ?

Cheers so far guys! All Duly noted Uncharted was one I had heard of as well so that is on the list

C1 VTR (Company Car)
I went majorly off call of duty after Black Ops.. Not interested in the new one at all looks poop imo haha.

Heh. ME1, 2 and 3 AND Skyrim?! f**k me, I wouldn't see daylight for several months.

LMFAO I think to be fair the misses will become a widow to the gaming world after this, Although to show I am thoughtful I bought an extra pad just for her!

I went majorly off call of duty after Black Ops.. Not interested in the new one at all looks poop imo haha.

I have played everyone up until Black Ops my 4 year old nephew plays it and it scares me how good it is, so it's a question weather I dare go up against him in battle! There's sooo much selection

Mito Sportiva 135
Xbox: Mass Effect like you say, would also try Gears of War and Halo Reach. Then maybe try more obscure titles like Bayonetta.

For either console would also look at Batman Arkham City and Battlefield 3.

Mito Sportiva 135
FF? It's just a really cool hack and slash on paper, but with really solid design, fighting styles, upgrades and enemies...really good fun.

Playing Batman at the moment and it is quality.

FF? It's just a really cool hack and slash on paper, but with really solid design, fighting styles, upgrades and enemies...really good fun.

Playing Batman at the moment and it is quality.

Final Fantasy :) There's a game I remember that was like that just run round and slice the sh*t out of everything that moved big hoards of armies coming at you. Ninja Gaiden was ace from what I remember too!

Mito Sportiva 135
Oh right, nothing like FF then!!! It is kind of like NG but more imaginative and not quite as hard either.

I would also recommend Dragon Age: Origins (not DA 2 though which was rubbish!)

Mk2 Ph2 172
Prototype 1 and 2 Are pretty good

L.a noire
Dead space
Boardlands
Alan wake
Ghostbusters ( I loved this )
Red dead redemption

Prototype 1 and 2 Are pretty good (looks Epic!)

L.a noire (Heard this is amazing gangster style GTA?)
Dead space (Looking quite like the Halo games, which is a good thing :) )
Boardlands (Think I had a go of this at a friends pretty cool from what I remember rpg game?)
Alan wake (That looks a lot like Silent hill! I do like a good scary game that makes me wet meself with fright)
Ghostbusters ( I loved this ) - (looks manic! A lot of things happening at once LOL! Could take a while to get used to ;) )
Red dead redemption (must admit it looks cool! )

Cheers mate, some to think about there

Mk2 Ph2 172
Also I would prob wait and get the new black ops 2 in November should be pretty good if you haven't been playing the others in the series ;)

Mito Sportiva 135
Mate all I would say is don't buy too many at once as modern games take weeks or months before you finish them. Skyrim alone took me 140 hours and still not finished!

Mk2 Ph2 172
Mate all I would say is don't buy too many at once as modern games take weeks or months before you finish them. Skyrim alone took me 140 hours and still not finished!

Unless you want to give up your life, girlfriend, mates, work etc.... Then do it :)

This is a reason why I have not bought skyrim yet as I don't have the time to put into it !!

Lol! I think it's a good list to slowly work through I have a terrible habit of getting bored through games and when I put them down not picking them back up again then it's on to the next game lol!

Golf R/Leon FR
The Fallout games are good too and will take you approx 100hrs each, if not more depending on how much you want to get out of it. If you've not played them before they are slow to get going but persisting is definitely worth it.

Golf R/Leon FR
I've played the first one thought it was pretty awesome the free running style to it might be worth the investment I'm trying to get a plethora of games together so if I get a boring day I have a selection for all moods im in :eek:

See I thought the first one was pretty poor, but that's basing it on the latter games in the series which are much better.

See I thought the first one was pretty poor, but that's basing it on the latter games in the series which are much better.

They could very well be mate I've never actually played any of the others sadly :( I think I left the gaming scene shortly after the first came out. Fallout is that on the first one you start in like a base as a child and grow up and eventually leave? And you have a birthday and what not in the start of the game or am I thinking of something completely different?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Trials HD and Trials Evolution are 2 of the best arcade games on XBL.

Even my girlfriend likes to play them.

Left 4 dead 2 is another good co-op game for the 2 of you.

My girlfriend wants me to buy spyro and rayman next or a harry potter! :(

Trials HD and Trials Evolution are 2 of the best arcade games on XBL.

Even my girlfriend likes to play them.

Left 4 dead 2 is another good co-op game for the 2 of you.

My girlfriend wants me to buy spyro and rayman next or a harry potter! :(

L4D2 was an Epic game! I played it with my mate on his Xbox we got rather far I just kept running off and hiding then getting killed Pffffff Hahaha

Spyro + Rayman = <3 same with Crash Bandicoot damn I miss the old days. I played the Trials games on Miniclip once I think (side scrolling motorbike doing tricks?) If so that will be on my list! I just signed up for Live although not gold until I get home it would appear their website is playing up :(

Chapster5

Add me :)

L4D2 is one of the all time greats. I have about 500 hours logged between it and it's predecessor. Me and a few guys from work play it once a week or so. Playing through a whole map with voice comms is great fun.

You need 4 of you though IMO. The bots are s**t.

Can you get custom maps for the console versions though? It's what keeps it fresh for us - Playing the same few maps all the time can get a bit boring.

L4D2 is one of the all time greats. I have about 500 hours logged between it and it's predecessor. Me and a few guys from work play it once a week or so. Playing through a whole map with voice comms is great fun.

You need 4 of you though IMO. The bots are s**t.

Can you get custom maps for the console versions though? It's what keeps it fresh for us - Playing the same few maps all the time can get a bit boring.

Sounds ace mate :) Never really had a good online game with mates for a few years now and that was on Steam with Counter Strike Source and Sourceforts!

Them where the days. I can now confirm said Xbox has arrived today :) and the PS3 came yesterday but apparently the misses said its my Christmas present so i am only allowed it then. Time to bring out the puppy eyes and a Pandora Bracelet... Joys!

1eight2
Bloody hell, PS3 and a 360 with all those games. You might aswell just tell your family, friends and missus to consider you dead for a few months haha.

I'm the same, I end up buying a bunch of games. Play them but get bored very easily, I usually find its best to keep a small few.

L.A. Noire is a fantastic game. You won't have played anything like this before and its a far cry from the GTA series despite it looking visually similar. Pick this up asap!

Bloody hell, PS3 and a 360 with all those games. You might aswell just tell your family, friends and missus to consider you dead for a few months haha.

I'm the same, I end up buying a bunch of games. Play them but get bored very easily, I usually find its best to keep a small few.

L.A. Noire is a fantastic game. You won't have played anything like this before and its a far cry from the GTA series despite it looking visually similar. Pick this up asap!

I used to work with a girl at my old place who ranted and raved out how goo LA Noire is I've heard nothing but good things to be honest something I'll probably end up getting :)