ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snappy Retrims Vs K-Tec

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Megane 250
How much is a snappy refurb?

Also does he do an exchange basis or something for people who use the car on a daily basis?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Royal did my wheel, gaiter and gear knob. Brilliant work!

Never seen a snappy one up close, could never get him to respond to my messages so ended up going with royal but definitely no regrets!

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 75%
6   2   0
  Raider, 172, the van
That trophy wheel would piss me off.. Ocd kicking in more material one side than the other.. :( quality looks outstanding though :)

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  182Turbo,DCi90
I txt royal last night, no response as of yet
Royal retrims are great - the steering wheels themselves are perfect, their customer service is a little slow and can be rubbish. Had them do my wheel in Alcantara and took 2 weeks. They are based near me in Aylesbury and I actually went to his house to deliver and pick up my wheel. He does the retrims with his wife, does it all from home I think. He also works at the Mini factory in Oxford which is why he may not have responded to the text. When I went to pick my wheel up in the middle of a housing estate there was all sorts of cars from his customers picking up steering wheels, M3's, porsches etc. Was a pain in the ass if im honest as I was there for over an hour whilst these other guys had their new wheels fitted, I just want to pick mine up and he kept me waiting ages.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like the Snappy ones, but hate that everyone seems to spec them with the top band. I get it on a track day etc, because racecar. But not on every day road use.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Mk2 clio steering wheels are rubbish full stop - my 197/200 one is perfect - I've got it on the Megane but would take it with me in the future if I end getting a Clio again.

My brother in law has a mk3 RS Megane and his wheel is horrid too - he'd looking into retro fitting a 197/200 wheel!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  BG Clio 182
uploadfromtaptalk1431722315729.jpg

More of snappys work. He is incredible and I can't imagine a human could make a better job of stitching leather. It's flawless!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd rather spend the extra and buy a wheel that wasn't fitted to a local boat/bus/hgv. Delete as appropriate. The sabelt wheel genuinely made the 1*2 drive like a different car.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182 Trophy
ATTACH]
I had an original wheel done by Snappy and changed it for the Sabelt. The sabelt wheel really makes a difference to how the car feels to drive. The steering feels slightly heavier and also feels more direct to turn in. The original wheel is just too big.
IMAG1645_zpsny8u2eeu.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG1645_zpsny8u2eeu.jpg
    IMAG1645_zpsny8u2eeu.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 0

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
May aswell get a new sabelt. Only 150 new iirc

If you get them from Renault Wolverhampton they are £151 with our discount. Ktec sell them for £202 iirc. Probably somewhere in between from a normal Renault dealership without discount.

Best aftermarket wheel for the 1*2's. It feels perfect size (330mm) but the suede wears quickly. I'd be getting snappy to do a retrim as it'll last longer that getting another new one.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
Price of a sabelt from renault is -

ketd6q.png

You can buy one new from renault parts direct for this price -

19tsea.png

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my steering wheel re-trimmed by snappy.
Needless to say I am extremely happy with the results.
I asked for the following:-
Black leather
Perforated leather thumb grips
Alcatara bottom section with the Trophy logo embroidered onto it.
held together with silver stitching.

Here are the photos :

Stripped wheel:
IMG-20150510-WA0006_zpsuzfsarct.jpg

Attached leather:
IMG-20150511-WA0002_zpsnngcduoc.jpg

1st set of stitching:
IMG-20150511-WA0004_zpstqppas7e.jpg

2nd set of stitching:
IMG-20150511-WA0005_zpsbjy1xdoj.jpg

Alcantara section added:
IMG-20150513-WA0002_zpsoxkdmhqy.jpg

Stitching:
IMAG0468_zps0buxufao.jpg

Trophy stitching:
IMG-20150513-WA0009_zpsu7fqajhy.jpg

Airbag installed:
IMAG0467_zpsv9ofpxqj.jpg

Finished:
IMAG0466_zpsktikdllu.jpg

No more sticky melted steering wheel for me, just smooth soft leather!

There was no question who was going to do the re-trim on the wheel for my Trophy.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
I've had my steering wheel re-trimmed by snappy.
Needless to say I am extremely happy with the results.
I asked for the following:-
Black leather
Perforated leather thumb grips
Alcatara bottom section with the Trophy logo embroidered onto it.
held together with silver stitching.

Here are the photos :

Stripped wheel:
IMG-20150510-WA0006_zpsuzfsarct.jpg

Attached leather:
IMG-20150511-WA0002_zpsnngcduoc.jpg

1st set of stitching:
IMG-20150511-WA0004_zpstqppas7e.jpg

2nd set of stitching:
IMG-20150511-WA0005_zpsbjy1xdoj.jpg

Alcantara section added:
IMG-20150513-WA0002_zpsoxkdmhqy.jpg

Stitching:
IMAG0468_zps0buxufao.jpg

Trophy stitching:
IMG-20150513-WA0009_zpsu7fqajhy.jpg

Airbag installed:
IMAG0467_zpsv9ofpxqj.jpg

Finished:
IMAG0466_zpsktikdllu.jpg

No more sticky melted steering wheel for me, just smooth soft leather!

There was no question who was going to do the re-trim on the wheel for my Trophy.

Simply Amazing !!!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any more pictures of snappy retrims on a sabelt and a rough price? As nice as the standard wheels look like once he's done his magic, they're still massive ugly bus wheels.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  RB Clio 182
ATTACH]
I had an original wheel done by Snappy and changed it for the Sabelt. The sabelt wheel really makes a difference to how the car feels to drive. The steering feels slightly heavier and also feels more direct to turn in. The original wheel is just too big.
IMAG1645_zpsny8u2eeu.jpg

Lol at the size difference:D

Attachments

• IMAG1645_zpsny8u2eeu.jpg
    IMAG1645_zpsny8u2eeu.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 0

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
But remember the standard wheel has the boss on the back whereas the sabelt above does not so it's sitting flat, giving the illusion that's it's massively smaller.

The difference is only about 50mm between the 2, however they feel totally different once fitted.

I'd love to see a snappy retrim on a tired sabelt wheel (perforated leather with blue alcantara top sleeve.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Titanium 182
I've wanted to get my wheel retrimmed by snappy for a while now but can't find out how to get in touch with him, can anyone point me in the right direction please, my spare wheel has been sitting in my boot for a few months now and needs some love haha