ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snappy Retrims Vs K-Tec

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Clio 172
Snappy is £140 iirc. So how much do ktec work out as, £90 once deposit is given back?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
I would still rather give Snappy £140 as his work simply nothing but the best.

You don't even get your thumb grips with the K-tec ones.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Clio 172
Does look nice, but I think I prefer the look of the material on snappys and the thumb grips.

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Have to admit, I was at K-Tec last weekend, and I asked them if they could show me a couple of their 182 wheels, purely as I wanted to see the finish etc.

I have to say I was impressed! The finish is very good, it was an alcantara one I looked at as that is what I want doing to mine eventually.

I will still be going to Snappy/Royal when I do have mine done, since they are both slightly cheaper than K-Tec and their work is top notch. But I can't fault the quality of the K-Tec ones in all honesty, they were very good!

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Unless royals were MASSIVLY cheaper than snappy, then I'd use snappy every time!

Support the CS traders!

Only reason I am using Royal, is because I have seen a wheel in a specific spec which was done by Royal, and I want the same. I appreciate Snappy could probably make the wheel how I want it no problem, but seeing as Royal have done it before and know the exact spec and materials etc, I will have them do it. Otherwise I'd be going to Snappy. Their prices are virtually exactly the same I believe.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  A special one.
Snappy, my ph1 wheel is amazing.

I wanted it a bit thicker which cost more but I got exactly what I wanted.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
I can't but help think I would do the same if I owned KTEC, they obviously seen the snappy thread on here and thought I'll have a bit of that.

I would say the exact same, Im shocked they are not doing washer blacks yet or something else thats been seen on the forum

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182 Trophy
Royal have done my Sabelt and I'm really pleased with the work. I've had a Snappy wheel also and his work is top notch also. Royal wheels use a different stitching pattern - it's more like a honeycomb design - and it looks really good.
I had my wheel retrimmed and a gear gaiter made for less than Snappy was charging for just the wheel....but I wouldn't hesitate in using either Royal or Snappy again. It's personal choice at the end of the day.
Here's the wheel that Royal did in dark grey alcantara with red stitching.
IMAG1651.jpg

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those wheels K-Tec have for sale look incredibly similar to what Royal do.

Im awaiting my wheel to be retrimmed by Jack at Royal. His work is flawless going by all my mates that have had them done by him. Never seen a Snappy wheel so can't comment

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Royal?

Depends how busy he is and if your sending your wheel to him or doing it on an exchange basis.

Send him an email, He tends to reply pretty quickly pretty much 24/7