ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sir_Dave's Trophy. 1 x Miley Shed.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Re: 'Sir_Dave's Caged, Cleaned & Toyed-with Shed Trophy Paedo Wagon

the back end can be very loose like Daves (which I quite like)

Maybe it's the konis that make it that much more "playful"?

Nah, its definitely the addition of the Whiteline ARB thats makes the biggest difference, mine was actually quite understeery on the limit before i fitted it. To compare, Ollie has to put his rear Koni's on full stiff to get twitchiness, whereas im just running the standard Trophy rear dampers!!

Are the RC6 as bad for brake dust as made out? I'm having DS2500 fitted at the weekend but might get some RC6 to try on trackdays.

Didnt realise Ollie was using the RC6's tbh, mine are RC5+ iirc. But yeah, dont buy them if you like to keep your wheels pristine (stick to DS2500's), whilst the stopping power is heroic, the dust is frankly obscene ...

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

I'll second that. The dust produced from them at Bedford has pretty much ruined my front 2118's. Granted it probably didn't help me leaving them dirty for 6 days but i needed THINNERS to get the dust off so I now have a pair of matt white front wheels. :dead:

Megane 225 F1

After reading about your horn issues (as I'm currently having the same problem, I read that you got TC lights on after fitting yours. I got the same lights, thought it was just my car being silly but looks like it's the wheel.

How did you solve it?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

How did you solve it?

I'd put the steering wheel boss on upside down lol!! Turned it around & all was fine, think it messed up the steering angle sensor or something :eek:

Had the shed for pretty much a year now, so took a picture of it this morning, after its 1st decent trip since Bedford (it has only moved twice since then iirc). Topped it up with oil, turned the key & she started first time, as per usual - not so bad considering the miles are almost up to 177k now ...

Is funny, everytime i think of getting rid, i drive it, realise that it actually sticks to the road like sh1t to a blanket and think i'll keep it forever. Then i dont drive it for a month & think its a waste of money sat on the drive ... still, looks rather purposeful i think :race:

d6d376fd.jpg

Lotus Elise

Looks cute Dave, dont sell it or if you do I want dips on your cage.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Took the pink shed to a rolling road day on Saturday at SRR. Wasnt expecting much to be honest, it did 171bhp in January 2010 (on 170k miles) when Lee owned it, but with another 8k miles & a fair few track days under its belt, i didnt expect many to be left really ....

But, in the sweltering heat of October,with just under 178k miles, & only the addition of a V6 airbox, JMS map and a good service since its last RR, it put out 175bhp (145.1 @ wheels) & 151lb torque. Considering its still on the standard inlets and isnt de-catted, i was happy with that.

Bless it.
IMG_0961.jpg

And the previous graph, you can see where my 'work' has improved the curves from 3500 to 5250rpm (no more hole):
IMG_0962.jpg

Next mods are likely to be the removal/selling of the buckets, cage & valver wheels/R888's in preparation for its hibernation in December, purely as the M3 will be taking priority (re: all my money) for the next 6-12 months or so :race:

Good to see it's still going strong :D I'd be very pleased if mine got 175 on the rollers so at double my mileage your laughing!!

Z4

Does the v6 airbox make much difference? May have to get one for mine

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

Shame it's going to be mothballed but at least a good car is taking it's place :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Does the v6 airbox make much difference? May have to get one for mine

Yeah, id definately say so, cant really complain for £50 or whatever they cost these days! Sound nice as well :eek:

Shame it's going to be mothballed but at least a good car is taking it's place :)

Ah yes, but mothballed is better than being sold, i'll need the old warhorse next year when i buy a house!! Will be back on turini's, with some Evo 8 MR Recaro's, sexy alcantara trim parts and an RS2 ... not that i've already planned the next stage at all lol ...

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

So at this rate i'll have NO bugger to play with on track next year!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i

Looks good Dave, I keep forgetting to send you that 2001 CD, It's one of those little things you remember about when daydreaming.

I'll remember one day, then you can cruise in the M3 like a real G.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Cracking result on the dyno mate. It's almost a shame to be 'shutting' it down for a while. Mind you, having an M3 to focus on isn't such a bad thing... :D

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Little update on the warhorse as it'll be going through a few stages of de-modification over the next month or so ....

Stage 1 is now complete - removed & sold cage
Stage 2 is hopefully happening tomorrow - part-ex of PR3's with some Trophy Turinis
Stage 3 is booked in for 2 weeks time - Bimarco's, mounts & steering wheel being exchanged for some standard 172 leathers/steering wheel
Stage 4 is removal of CL pads for DS2500's, re-fitment of seatbelts, then a good clean & MOT

At that point, i'll have a standard looking Trophy with an epic suspension setup & comfy seats to tuck away safely for next summer - when i sell the M3/buy a house/need something cheap to run :eek:

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T

Makes sense, probably won't owe you a great deal when it is de-modified either.

Shame really, when needs must and all that!

No doubt when it returns next summer it will be better than ever, well i hope so anyway!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

So Dave, out of all the people in our little Le Mans gang we have the following cars....

Sir_Dave - BMW M3, Trophy (soon to be hibernated)
Nick - BMW M3, (copied Dave) Audi A3
Saner - BMW (copied Dave) Saxo VTS (in component form)
Vish - BMW (copied Dave)
Mike - 106 Goat (cheapest car known to man)
Ryan - MK1 (always broken)
James - Ph1 172 (because BOOOOST wasn't best)
Tom - Polo derv (as per his last known sighting)
Me - 172 Cup (the ever faithful Renaultsport devotee) 306 HDi

Note the distinct lack of french sh*tboxes in a gang of people who all used to swear by them. The panzers are invading....

So Dave, out of all the people in our little Le Mans gang we have the following cars....

Vish - BMW (copied Dave)

Note the distinct lack of french sh*tboxes in a gang of people who all used to swear by them. The panzers are invading....

Lol, there's one simple reason.... Because the panzers are better! ;) Can't knock the clios though, it is nice to jump into yours and Daves to spank around on trackdays! ;)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

I do tend to have a set cycle with cars though:

German when feeling wealthy
French when German have destroyed the wealth

Hence keeping the clio for next year!!

Trophy is now rolling on what can only be described as a set of 'utterly mint' sheep wheels, after Aucky wanted new ones lol. Detailers ay ;)
photo33-1.jpg

Is funny how different wheels affect a cars stance though, not only do they look massive, but whilst i didnt really notice the -2.8 degrees of camber on the 15" PR3's, with the 16" Turini's it looks broken lol. The wheels also weigh a ton, so it will undoubtedly drive differently.
photo32-1.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Lol @ the camber! You absolute scene wh0re ;)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

It actually looks like a Trophy again lol.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Lol at Aucky getting your wheels, he wanted my 2118's but he said I was too far away to collect them! When all along he went for your wheels, love liars, why bother!

Nah, he only got mine as he was down last night getting his GF from uni. Wouldnt have made the trek otherwise lol, its miles!!!

Lol @ the camber! You absolute scene wh0re ;)

Just need lowz now blud. Oh, and some skate shoes/DC hoody to fit in with the scene. Yo. The offset is gay on these wheels though, thinking i should have got Cup ones instead. Oh well.

It actually looks like a Trophy again lol.

Almost, i just need to spend 28 hours cleaning it with the sperm from a unicorn now, then touch it inappropriately with a wash mit made from the hair of young virgins from the City of Atlantis. Once thats done, & after i have touched the dampers inappropriately whilst my girlfriend sleeps, i will be able to call myself a proper Trophy owner.

paperbag.gif

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Vish - BMW (copied Dave)

Saxo is Tax'ed and Tested i'll have you know. Drop it to work last week! :D

Just need lowz now blud. Oh, and some skate shoes/DC hoody to fit in with the scene. Yo. The offset is gay on these wheels though, thinking i should have got Cup ones instead. Oh well.

Don't forget the monster energy flat peak cap.

Petrol Blue 182.

Vish - BMW (copied Dave)

Yep still broken.....

Dave I love this car! keep it forever :)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

Lol at Aucky getting your wheels, he wanted my 2118's but he said I was too far away to collect them! When all along he went for your wheels, love liars, why bother!
Guildford is double the distance from Reading, plus Dave covered my petrol. So shush.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

7 French
5 non French

between 9 people

You need to learn maths Ollie

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5

Vish - BMW (copied Dave)
Tom - Battered Polo N/A derv (as per his last known sighting)

I've been in quieter tractors than that polo.. probably a bit quicker too.. think i'd rather sit on an 8 hr train tbh...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Not for sale yet? :(

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Having fitted some s3xy sheep wheels recently, i decided that the CL pads would have to come off, asap, to ensure that they didnt get f*cked by brake dust. Upon inspection, it would seem that the pads had eaten my discs in approx 3k miles lol. With a ruddy great big lip around the outside edge, meaning that new discs would have to be fitted as well as new pads ...

Luckily for me, i already had a set of new OEM Renault pads & Brembo HC discs in the shed (re: boot of the Trophy), so last night, at 8.30 at night, in the rain, i decided to do a quick swop over. As per usual, nothing ever goes to plan, with the caliper carrier bolts being torqued up by Renault (the last people to change the discs) to what can only be described as super f*cking uber tight. Cue lots of WD40, swearing & liberal use of the hammer. Please note that the latter wasnt actually used to remove anything, just whack the old discs in frustration :eek: I also gave everything a little clean with a wire brush, the dust/metal/bits of my discs created by the evil Carbon Lorraines was blooming everywhere lol ..

So, from these:
IMG_1087.jpg

To these:
IMG_1090.jpg

FYI, i dont have some special 'Budgie' spec ginger discs, they seem to have just got a little wet in the shed somehow. All sorted now after a little drive to work. Can safely say that compared to the RC5's, the Renault pads are utter sh1t, but they arent covering EVERYTHING in bits of metal.

Will get some pics of the interior at the weekend once i've fitted the alcantara door cards, but i now have 172 half leather seats & black seatbelts - which i must add are a huge improvement over the quite frankly minging silver things that were in it before! Also got a nice melt free 172 steering wheel - just need to retrofit my cruise buttons into it now.

And the reason for all this de-modification i hear you ask? Well, having a track car that gets used one a month is hard to justify, but having a car that can be used to commute 100 miles (3/4 days a week), whilst the gas gussler sits at home looking purposeful, is quite a strong monetary arguement ...

(Man Maths)

Oh, & i cant bring myself to sell it. Worth far more to me than anyone else :clown:

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
The standard pads aren't that bad.....although anything compared to the RC5's is poor really. They are just monstrous.

I actually prefer seeing the little battler de-modified and used rather than stripped and hibernated.
And should I foil your 'man maths' theory by letting on that it was Sarah who had the bright idea....?
No best not...;)

Petrol Blue 182.

LOL @ budgie spec brakes!

Evo 5 RS

Dave: Well I don't want to be using the M3 everyday really, especially through the winter.. hmm

Dave's Missus: Dave why don't you just use the Trophy, put it back to standard?

Dave: Quiet hunny, men are talking here

Or something like that lol