ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sir_Dave's Trophy. 1 x Miley Shed.

Renault Traffic
Re: Sir_Dave's Trophy. The 182 on (nearly) 182k ...

class read :) its come some way since u bought it and seems to still be going strong at 180 k :0

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Ooh, my konis are going on tomorrow.

Did you get the normal ones or the MF uprated ones?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Did you get the normal ones or the MF uprated ones?

Just the normal ones, didnt fancy spending the 350 quid or whatever MF charges for his & these were 200 delivered, so roughly the same price as the standard ones anyway. Didnt really like the MF ones either tbh - thought that they were too hard for the road, with the normal Koni's being more than stiff enough for track use if required.

Braved the snow yesterday to fit these, neighbours probably thought i was insane, but hey, it was betting that helping Sarah with her lesson plans :dead:

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

Actually really like the seats, more so than the standard ones in fact, & not just because of the epic inflatable lumbar adjustment ... match the alcantara on the rear bench/doorcards perfectly as well, which is nice. Just need to give it a bit of a hoover, is rather rank in there at the moment.

Bought a s3xy retrimmed steering wheel off here on Saturday as well (browsing CS whilst shopping with the missus is dangerous), so will be fitting that & the koni's over the next week or so, along with dialling in slightly less camber at the front end - im just using it for commuting at the moment, so i think -1.5 will be kinder on the tyres than the current -2.8!!

120d M Sport

Seats are fine Dave and I'm normally as picky as it gets! Can overlook the moss green for the sexy alcantara.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

As I said they look fine when you're sat in them :dead:

They'd look great dyed black.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Just the normal ones, didnt fancy spending the 350 quid or whatever MF charges for his & these were 200 delivered, so roughly the same price as the standard ones anyway. Didnt really like the MF ones either tbh - thought that they were too hard for the road, with the normal Koni's being more than stiff enough for track use if required.

Same as I went for, these should go more than stiff enough, couldn't warrant the double price pretty much for MF ones.

Got them on last night but its not really the weather to be testing them out!

6/468 17poo

£200 delivered for Konis? second hand?

ah rears only...

Last edited:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

So last night i (well Ollie) fitted my s3xy new steering wheel. Was originally done by 'Arran_182', but i bought it off another member on Saturday - thanks to FAST_aD13 for the superfast delivery btw!! Genuine leather, with a grey centre line & stiching for the outer wheel, with black stitching for the thumb grips. Very nice i think, although i was expecting it to be a little thicker rim wise like the M3 one :dapprove:

Anyhow, picz:
IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

We then moved onto the next job of the evening, camber reduction ... using our new 'geo tools' - an iPhone, carbon numberplate & Mike/Ollie's 'skillz' :clown: As per usual, Nick and I simply stod back & 'managed' everything to perfection ...

IMG_1445.jpg

After grazing a curb a few months back, the camber was slightly out with readings of -3.3 (LF) and -2.3 (RF), but after some messing about, we managed to get them both at -1.8 which is what i was after. Probably not the most scientific method ever used, & apparently its probably not good to attempt the adjust the toe using an iPhone either ... will have to get that sorted professionally then, asap really as my steering wheel is now turned 90 degrees to the right when going in a straight line - was fairly bad beforehand mind you!!

Just the rear konis to go on now, at which point, i will stop spending money on it.

Whilst you cant put a price on <3, £1250 in a week is a bit silly :eek:

Evo 5 RS

how much?? lol

Wheel and seats look sexy

Although you do know red and green should never be seen, right Dave?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Well, 1500 miles ago, the Trophy hit the big one:

IMG_1579.jpg

Full story here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?631668-My-Trophy-the-182-on-182-182-miles

Then at the end of March, having picked up the 197, i SORNed it and decided that i wouldnt be using it for a while ...

iFailed on Friday.
896085c3.jpg

Because Taxdisc.

Drive to work today has highlighted a few issues however, not sure whether they are age related, or Kwik Fit 'doing the tracking/alignment' related.

Essentially, the steering feels quite loose at the straight ahead, & is wobbling about/vibrating heavily at 60mph+. Im assuming Wishbones/track rod ends/tie rods etc probably need doing - they have done 183k miles anyway!! Also going to buy some new rear dampers (another set of Konis after i sold the last ones to Nick), & some DS2500's, then basically do a few track days in it again.

Rather strangely, i also desperately want to clean/clay/de-tar/machine polish it. Shame we have a hosepipe ban.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Right, so last night i booked into the trackday at Llandow on 7th June, so made a little list of bits required.

Not really essential, but i might as well get cracking on with it:

New front wishbones, track rod ends, tie rods, ARB bushes
Tracking & alignment
Koni rear dampers
Some R888's for my 2118's
CL RC5+ front pads
Refit harnesses

Obviously have a quite a bit of cash in the bank from selling the 197, so might as well spend some of it...

Evo 5 RS

Since when did you have a 197?

Seriously, I can't keep up with you failsport lot.

I've just had an entire front suspension refresh. Its so worth it. Especially with your mileage

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Since when did you have a 197?

Seriously, I can't keep up with you failsport lot.

I've just had an entire front suspension refresh. Its so worth it. Especially with your mileage

I had it for 3 weeks in April lol: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?633997-197-Cup-Nimbus-Recaros Was decidely average, & certainly not worth 4 grand more that the Trophy!!! So i put it up for sale after 12 days & bought a 330i Sport Touring instead :eek:

But yeah, suspension refresh is needed asap, i think Kwik Fit knackered something when they did my tracking - i know, i know, but it needed doing asap before i drove home to Cornwall. Setting camber with an iPhone is one thing, but toe is something even i wont attempt ...

Evo 5 RS

Might of hit a hole to be fair. I had mine laser aligned and corner weighted at TDF last month. Drove it home and that weekend I hit a pot hole.. Needs tracking now. LOL.

<3 UK.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

Not fancy a set of Federal RSR's instead of 888's?

Evo 5 RS

They won't look too bad tbh. The green seats are an abomination though...lol

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

Can't wait to see this. I nearly went down the Gold/Bronze route.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

<3 Dave and his ways

Absolutely love this car.

Cheers guys, if there's one thing that actually stays constant car wise with me its this old thing!!

Currently working out the best way of spending money on it, forgot how many s3xy things are available these days :eek:

Can't wait to see this. I nearly went down the Gold/Bronze route.

Well Ollie seems to thing it'll look nice, like a French verison of this, just without the stripes ...

ferrair 430 scuderia 08.jpg

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Cars awesome still to drive, how many death threats have you had on the Trophy forum then?

lol, i dont even post pictures of it on there anymore - dont want to give people nightmares!!

Might do a picture thread once 'trackcar version2' is complete though. It has looked pretty awesome over the years though :cool:

DSC03847.jpg

ALX_9542.jpg

ALX_7671.jpg

8K9U2279.jpg

4-1.jpg

53 Clio's & counting

Gold route will look great mate! (Not that im biased lol)

53 Clio's & counting

Willy wheels seem to randomly suit all Clio's lol

182 FF
  Lotus Elise

This thread is ridiculous and very entertaining, when are the cams going in ;)