ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi CS. It's been a while...

I've owned my Fiesta ST for just over a year now, however I've just started a new job which involves a lot of travelling. Ultimately, it means that I'm most likely going to have to give up the ST, boo!!

So my question, should I drop back down and get a Clio dci 100 and run into the ground, or should I look at something else?
I can't decide whether to buy something cheap to just run up the M1 or to look at something a little nicer, such as a BMW 118d, but still have the monthly finance cost?

What do you think CS? What are the general cheap, reliable diesels out there?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Why get a old / basic car to do more miles in.
If I had to spend longer in the car everyday I would want a upgrade more comfort etc how about something like a Skoda Octavia VRS TDI would be more car for your money than a BMW.
Why get rid of the ST anyway, the amount of money you would lose selling it and buying something else would probably pay for a lot of fuel for the ST and you would still have a car that you like.

What's the new distance on the commute?

What agreement is the ST on? Outright? Lease/PCP? HP? Mileage limit?

Listerine & Poledo
M3 shirley?
or a Mk1 MX-5 with no suspension struts.

Or, realistically.
Fabia vRSunshine bus. / Ibiza FR
remap + de-cat = Clio thrasher

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
What mileage do you do now and what do you anticipate after the change ?

When's the earliest you can chop the ST in and how much will that have cost you ? I think you've only had it about 12-15 months..

What's the budget for a new car ?

What does your man maths say you'll save buying another car with all this ?

I wouldn't want a Clio dCi after an ST Fez .. will be horrible, old, rattly, leaky sunroof, most parts of it will be 10+ years old ..

Stick with the Fiesta IMO unless you're actually poverty ridden and need to make savings (which probably aren't savings..).

Listerine & Poledo
Seems he wants to get CS approval to turn in the Fiesta for a BMW that isn't emfwee.
Chucked the DCi in there just to put people off the scent.

So, back on topic.
If the St is on finance, bin it off and get get something 1/2 decent and diesel with reduced overheads.

If ST is owned outright, keep it and get a £1500 Golf/Leon TDi

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
When my commute got too long I took the train and bought an iPad.
Some times, it is a better place to be than sat in a car.

I do understand this for certain situations... but tomorrow's my first day back on the roads after 4 months of public transport, and I can tell you I'm f**king sick of it!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if going for a DCi go for an 80 over 100, better geared, drive better, and in my opinion more reliable every dci 100 I come across these days is having issues! (this may just be a coincidence!)

PH2 172
Interesting, why so?
Basically,I recently started working at a car rental,and they have a a number of the current model Yeti on the fleet.
To look at,the Yeti is about as exciting as a shed on wheels,but it is a very competent vehicle,corners flat without roll,& with excellent progressive braking.
With 170PS on tap,but with more torque than a 172/182,combined with seamless full throttle upchanges 0-60 in 8.6,you would have to keep a clio on the boil to stay ahead.
Tripmeter read 46 mpg,with a 48 mph average speed showing.
All in all,a very good lazy mans 4 wheel drive.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
1.9tdi VAG - Leon/A3/Golf/Octavia. Comfortable, get one that hasnt been messed with and they are good, reliable cars. I had zero problems with mine and did around 30k in it in 18 months, mainly motorway miles.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Pre-DPF 2.0 TDCI Mk2 Focus. I did 170k in that car in 7 years. My mate now owns it and its on 190k.

Great handling and comfort on the Eibach pro kit and cheap to run. Used to get 68mpg if I really tried and 52mpg driving everywhere like a ****, so it usually got 52.

I thought it was so good I replaced it with a later Mk2 Focus, this one had 18s and DPF. Shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.