ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service Time

Renault Clio 1.2
So the MOT is fast approaching so going to give the clio a service. I've been making notes and comparing prices for what I need/want. My question is what engine oil is best: Shell Helix (5ltr) or castrol magnatec (5l) both 10w80. Transmission oil: using 75w80 how many litres what brand, I've seen a lot of people recommend tranself NFJ.

For spark plugs I was going for these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290877097043

pipercross panel filter
pollen/cabin filter (ecp/gsf)

also so what filter wrench will be ok to use?

Many thanks :)

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Clio engine oil should be 5w 40, not 10w80 afaik. Tranself NFJ 75w80 is what Renault use to change gearbox oil and is what's in the cars when they roll out the factory. A rubber strap filter wrench I found ideal when I serviced my car last year, got it in ecp which are also doing a good deal on servicing parts at the moment. (30% off all servicing parts and a free oil filter with any 5l of their own brand oil)

Renault Clio 1.2
That's what I meant 10w40 not 80 lol. I only thought 10w50 as I've used it before? Ok I'll take a look at that deal, is the oill any good.?
Cheers

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
It's alright, iirc it meets all the relevant requirements and is only around 15 quid for 5l at the moment. Wouldn't be rushing to put it in a brand new 200, but for a 1.2 it'll be fine as it won't be doing track days etc.

Any 5w 40 or 10w40 will be fine though as long as it meets basic specs, I'd also go for a fully synthetic. The promotion code for the free oil filter and 30% off is hot30 iirc

Renault Clio 1.2
Just had a look at the deal and can get spark plugs, engine oil, pollen filter, oil filter, sump plug washer for about £40ish, what sizzle wrench for oil filter? As two sizes ?

twingo
you won't get all that for 40. the spark plugs on ECP (assuming you meant on ECP) is priced per plug, not for four even though the fitted quantity says 4. i'll never understand why motor factors sell one plug when you can get 3 from adam @ wolverhampton renault for cheaper than any motor factors will do, which are also the correct plugs!

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
you won't get all that for 40. the spark plugs on ECP (assuming you meant on ECP) is priced per plug, not for four even though the fitted quantity says 4. i'll never understand why motor factors sell one plug when you can get 3 from adam @ wolverhampton renault for cheaper than any motor factors will do, which are also the correct plugs!

It's a 1.2 so everything's alot cheaper, wouldn't surprise me if it could be done for 40. The oil he's looking at is ~15 with a free oil filter, air filters for my 1.2 on there are around a tenner, pollen also around a tenner, plugs are about 2.50-3, so 12 for the set. Sump plug washers something silly like 20 or something. so that makes around £40 but then you have 30% off too, so could work out even less! Im sure if hed chosen premium brands (bosch oil filter etc) it could be more expensive but with the brands on there like guttman and crosland it can be serviced pretty cheaply.

Cliosport 172 cu
Tbh mate id just use Renaults elf oil for gearbox and engine.

NJF 3.1L
Elf evo 5/40 5.1L
Spark plugs from Gsf. NGK
Oil filter from Gsf aswell

It's makes a diff when you use the good stuff believe me. I won't use any think eles.

twingo
Tbh mate id just use Renaults elf oil for gearbox and engine.

NJF 3.1L
Elf evo 5/40 5.1L
Spark plugs from Gsf. NGK
Oil filter from Gsf aswell

It's makes a diff when you use the good stuff believe me. I won't use any think eles.

then you'd not be using elf lol .. ?