ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini Cooper s

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
my mate picked the car up today to respray the bumper the right colour, whilst its in ive asked him to colour code part of the upper and lower bumper grill, and the headlight rings, although i did put a crack in one of the rings whilst removing it as it was glued on, so may have to purchase a couple of new ones, will see how he gets on.

getting the door handles and wing mirror covers gloss black.

keep looking for things to do/buy with this, but really need to concentrate on getting me coilovers fitted! maybe next month........

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If that was me, I’d just drill a tiny hole either side of the crack and stick a zip tie through it. You can’t see that part of the bumper when the bonnet is down anyway.

535d / t5 caravelle
Being a mini pro person.

We have a Mini Cooper 1.6 2009 that smokes (blue) like late night working girl.

It’s gone to an engine place today but my gusss is valve stem seals. Good call?
also being a mini and general car pro, id also say this haha, my mk1 valver did the same and it needed it doing, not a cheap job by the looks of it.
If that was me, I’d just drill a tiny hole either side of the crack and stick a zip tie through it. You can’t see that part of the bumper when the bonnet is down anyway.
your not the first person to suggest this lol, i couldn't live with it like that, contrary to my absolutely s**t photography skills, its actually a very tidy car considering its age, had it been a shagger id zip tie the f**k out of it.

535d / t5 caravelle
suppose id better update this, bumpers been repaired and painted, with a bit of colour coding, headlight rings are done, not put them on yet as i want to see if i can clean my headlights up 1st. ordered a set of gloss black door handle covers to compliment the other bits.

bought some bosch 550 injectors, keeping my eyes open for a catcam.

bought some nankang AR1's and today just won these team dynamic monza R alloys for the grand total of £53! so they will do nicely for the nankangs.

oh and also ordered 2 new tyres in 215/45/17 as opposed to the 205's that are on it now.

hoping to get my coilovers and new tyres on next month.

no issues with the car, its running great and always puts a huge smile on my face everytime i drive it!

will get some pics up...maybe

53 quid track wheels
713061cced001263ebd8ff71a8aebbd7.jpg

535d / t5 caravelle
what the f**k is wrong with me???

just done a deal on the wheels below! there only 3 weeks old with one small kerb mark. oh well.

stuttgart sf1

17 x 8 et35

b649e82144b8628451bda3d6325853f2.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
They should look nice, Monzas not so much but cheap track wheels so can't complain.

535d / t5 caravelle
Yeah the monza’s where purely bought as there 10 minutes away from my house, and where on £47, so thought it rude not to stick a cheeky bid in with 1 second to go ?, very cheap cheap track wheels.

I do like the Stuttgart’s, hope they look decent in the flesh, 8” is a bit wide really but hoping they will fit ok, also got these at a decent price.

535d / t5 caravelle
picked the monza's up, dropped them off for a refurb as they looked a bit shagged!

my mate who does the refurbing is telling me they are going luminous yellow!
he's been dying to use this colour, so i thought why not, there only track wheels.

535d / t5 caravelle
5mm spacers and longer wheel bolts ordered to clear the calipers, just getting 2 spacers for now, so I can swap them about and make sure there the right size, picking up the Stuttgart’s tomorrow.

535d / t5 caravelle
Possibly going to the ring April 2020 lol, plans are to get all me bits fitted, then it’s good and ready for when the feeling takes me, plan on keeping this car long term, so got plenty of time to track it

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
5mm spacers and longer wheel bolts ordered to clear the calipers, just getting 2 spacers for now, so I can swap them about and make sure there the right size, picking up the Stuttgart’s tomorrow.

If you're using this car on track, i wouldnt personally be wanting to use non-hubcentric spacers.

Maybe get 10mm hubcentric, or the correct offset wheels in the first place lol.

535d / t5 caravelle
If you're using this car on track, i wouldnt personally be wanting to use non-hubcentric spacers.

Maybe get 10mm hubcentric, or the correct offset wheels in the first place lol.

They are hub centric mate, and from your favourite shop!

Went with 5mm as they might work ok with the turinis, if I need to go bigger, I’ll ebay them, going to have a play around with them and the wheels, got the wheels as they where practically on my doorstep, so thought they where worth a punt.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
They are hub centric mate, and from your favourite shop!

Went with 5mm as they might work ok with the turinis, if I need to go bigger, I’ll ebay them, going to have a play around with them and the wheels, got the wheels as they where practically on my doorstep, so thought they where worth a punt.

Didnt realise you could get hubcentric that thin!! I take it all back (y)

535d / t5 caravelle
Also got some shitty spacers with the wheels today, you can see them in the last pic, may be useful to see if I can go bigger,then get bigger hubcentrics

535d / t5 caravelle
So the cheap shitty wheels are all buckled, repairable, but then there not cheap shitty wheels anymore, so I’m sacking them off, might use my turinis for the nankang AR1’s or buy some mg zr alloys for them, often used on mini’s for track wheels, seems a waste to use the turinis.

535d / t5 caravelle
a few pics of how the car currrently stands, decided to remove the number plate holder and order a smaller plate for a cleaner look. also need to polish the headlights and get the rings back on.

got some gloss black door handle covers to go on, when weather comes to.

spacers are unopened incase they end up going back.

2 new tyres, went with khumo ecsta ku39, same as whats on it now, but gone to 215/45/17 instead of 205/45/17, decent tyres for what they cost.

got some touch up paint for the new wheels.
d6cb211d6c473c30493990f42dd697ba.jpg
a4d89bcd4f347f7b554af2f28ba3bb24.jpg
ae440118009844a07a8418a24d8fb20e.jpg
44cc880447a0d95a2fa78af6e4e58b0f.jpg
c6d0a16fd10d209d05bafba4b89987c2.jpg
d7980d9e4223992c9be3e004916e971d.jpg

535d / t5 caravelle
just got these off a mate for £70 for 2 rainsport 3's, always fancied trying them, so seemed like the perfect opportunity, they've done about 1000 miles, so will keep an eye out for a couple more and stick them on the new wheels ( i think )
3193c1c2efff6565e8d562ab8dc6168a.jpg

535d / t5 caravelle
new plates on, just need to fill the screw holes that have been left visible on either side, nothing a dab of black silicone won't sort.
ad59567ed10eaf17a7643c89129e06ba.jpg

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
They look much better without the number plate plinth, was the first thing I removed off mine.

535d / t5 caravelle
yeah, no need for the extra bulk, number plates smaller also, wasn't aware you'd had a mini, must have missed that one, was it before the cup?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
must have missed that one, was it before the cup?

No mate cup was sold years ago. The mini is my cheap runaround at the moment, was only supposed to be temporary but I’ve had it over 3 years now.

535d / t5 caravelle
oh right didn't realise, is it standard? or has it had the treatment.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
It’s had a few tweaks, but it’s a bit rough round the edges.

Your’s is by far a better example of how a mini should be upgraded.

535d / t5 caravelle
If its as well kept as your Cup I may be interested in the Mini, send me some details when your ready.
Cheers
no probs mate, its very tidy tbh, im in the process of doing an ebay ad, will send you some details over tonight, cheers

535d / t5 caravelle
getting a fresh, mot, service and 2 new tyres fitted on friday

535d / t5 caravelle
will give it a quick clean and get some pics up when i get chance as it looks a little bit different to the last pics.