ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big service - what else...?

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
It's coming up to 5 years since the Trophy last had its belts done so it'll be getting a full service in the not too distant future.

Apart from everything listed below, what else would you get done? (182 Trophy, 10 years old, 60k).

Cam & aux belts
Dephaser
Oil & filter change
Pollen filter
Discs and pads all round
Brake fluid
Coolant
Spark plugs

What else...?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Air Filter
Gear Box Oil

And if it was me just for good measures i would be doing injectors & Coil pack.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I'd just change all fluid's and filters bud.

Remove the pads and give them and good clean and cooper slip.

Unless things are worn out why replace brakes etc?

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I'd just change all fluid's and filters bud.

Remove the pads and give them and good clean and cooper slip.

Unless things are worn out why replace brakes etc?
Any excuse really! To be fair, Scott, the rear bearings are starting to whine, so that's a simple decision.

As for the fronts I've never been truly happy with the Brembo Max / DS2500s, and with my low mileage it could be another couple of years before they 'need' a change, so now feels like as good a time as any. Not sure my bank balance will agree, but what the hell!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Ahhhh, that makes perfect sense then bud.

Replace the rear hub nuts to as they are nylocks.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
What about PAS pump/fluid?
Fluid yes if you want and while it's in bit's, I don't see the point in replacing the pump mate.

Where does it end?

Might as well fit a set of ARP rod bolts while your at it. [emoji2]

I do think you may be going a bit far changing the PAS pump and injectors if they show no faults.

In my opinion you'd be best off throwing a couple of hundred quid at things like lower arm bushes and possibly ball joints/track rod ends which after 10 years would probably make more of a noticeable difference and bring back the tightness and call it a 'refresh'.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Fluid yes if you want and while it's in bit's, I don't see the point in replacing the pump mate.

Where does it end?

Might as well fit a set of ARP rod bolts while your at it. [emoji2]
Exactly - where does it end?!

I do think you may be going a bit far changing the PAS pump and injectors if they show no faults.

In my opinion you'd be best off throwing a couple of hundred quid at things like lower arm bushes and possibly ball joints/track rod ends which after 10 years would probably make more of a noticeable difference and bring back the tightness and call it a 'refresh'.
Yep, completely agree. I guess I just want to make sure that I cover everything that it makes sense to do in one hit, rather than regretting not doing it when it makes sense to.

Quaife LSD :wink:
I'm kind of ignoring the box at the moment, and while a diff is still a consideration I think the growing list of everything else means it's becoming less and less of a genuine option.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Tim, if i was you id change all of the fluids and the belts.

Replace the water pump (Renault only) as its a pain in the ass to do if it fails and its easy while that side of the engine is in bits.

A re-con PAS pump is around £120, new is £250 but who's to say a re-con unit won't fail?

Leave your pump as is bud unless its leaking or noisy of course, i doubt it is though.
If your sump gasket is leaking then its worth getting the seal replaced before filling it up with new engine oil and if you do have the sump off then i would fit a set of ARP rod bolts to be on the safe side.

All IMO of course bud.

Listerine & Poledo
Can I come and live with you and @Cub. ?

People in Berkshire seem to just s**t money.
If you don't, you're cojoled endlessly by people in Morgans, doing drive-bys on your house, firing MOET corks through your non-stained-glass windows

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't change the coilpack or injectors unless you felt there was a fault, but clean up the contact patches on the coilpack/manifold and sling a bottle of forte in the fuel tank to give the injectors a clean.

What about anything on the inside, any issues you see all the time?
Steering wheel retrim
Gear stick gater ripped?
Gearknob insert worn down?
Any bits loose, worn, scratched or damaged??

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't change the coilpack or injectors unless you felt there was a fault, but clean up the contact patches on the coilpack/manifold and sling a bottle of forte in the fuel tank to give the injectors a clean.

What about anything on the inside, any issues you see all the time?
Steering wheel retrim
Gear stick gater ripped?
Gearknob insert worn down?
Any bits loose, worn, scratched or damaged??
The interior is pretty clean - it's approaching 60k and the only thing that lets it down is the grubby seat belts, it's the mechanicals that are most important to me - I want to make sure everything is spot-on so I can enjoy another 4 years worry-free ownership.