ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott's Super Clean PH1 172 Project Thread

phase 1 flamer 172
Mines only a weekend toy, and a week day toy, 13000 in 3 years but I would sooner have nearer 40 mpg than 20, but each to his own.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Why not chuck a for sale thread up, or do you think it will go without having to actually go 'public' ?

Still can't quite believe you're actually selling....:nomouth:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
how much is it for sale for?
Hi Ben, ill pm you.

Why not chuck a for sale thread up, or do you think it will go without having to actually go 'public' ?

Still can't quite believe you're actually selling....:nomouth:
I know nor can I mate, i started wrighting out the advert last night which will be going on Piston head's and the V6 forum.
I wasn't going to bother putting it on CS as most people wouldn't be able to afford it or would look after it in the way that I have.
There are probably only a hand full of members on CS that could and I didn't think any of them would want it.

I have had quite a few PM's asking how much and only one guy has been decent enough to message me back. [emoji3]

I think you're right not selling it on here Scott.
Two reasons - anyone who wants your car will have read this & will come to you.
Secondly, people on here always want to pay buttons for cars, it's sad but true. Their 'mate' always bought a minter for 50p but it needed £5k spending on it etc (rolls eyes)

Good luck with the sale mate.

Inferno 225 cup
You know I'd buy it Scott, I keep taking myself out of it, I'm really after a Touareg and that's where I'm heading.

I'd be picky who to sell it too, I know at the end of the day you've got the monies but your hard work and time is only memories after that.

It definitely needs a mag feature before sellage :)

Hi mate, a bit off-topic this one, but I see you replaced the pedal plates and this is something I'v been intending to do as well, did the plates come with rivets or did you have to get them separately? Good luck with the sale, incredible car, someone will be getting the cleanest 1*2 out there that's for sure!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Been buying a few bits for the Clio, one of the things i wanted to do was to up grade the head light bulbs and after talking to Dr Jekyll (Mark) i decided to go with these.

16066917638_844c6617d8_c.jpg
Untitled by scottieraven, on Flickr

I didn't want something to blue and i didn't want to be able to see the blue bulbs from the front of the car as i think it looks tacky and not the look im after.

Scott, have you got any pics of the previous bulbs you had. Coming from HID's to Osram's I feel they look too yellow. Light output is good but I'm after something less dated looking, ideally without going back to HID's.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hi mate, a bit off-topic this one, but I see you replaced the pedal plates and this is something I'v been intending to do as well, did the plates come with rivets or did you have to get them separately? Good luck with the sale, incredible car, someone will be getting the cleanest 1*2 out there that's for sure!
No problems mate, no the pop rivets dont come with the pedals and if you order them from Renault they come only in black which doesnt look right IMO.
So i just bought new pop rivets which are 3.8mm x 12mm i think.

Thank you for the kind comments. :smiley:

Scott, have you got any pics of the previous bulbs you had. Coming from HID's to Osram's I feel they look too yellow. Light output is good but I'm after something less dated looking, ideally without going back to HID's.
The previous bulbs where just standard mate, ive got the MTEC fitted to my van which are nice and white. I didn't fit them to the Clio as you could see the blue bulbs from the front of the car.
Not the look i wanted tbh. :blush:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I knew it wasn't for you but wasn't too sure if you fitted them. I now remember reading about them in your van now. Colour aside, are they as good performance as the nightbreakers would you say?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Id say better, if i could only put up with blue looking bulbs then id of put them in the Clio.
I have the MTECs in my van and my wifes car.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I did see that Jamie as im looking on there and AT every bloody day. Lol

The thing that put me off about that car was it having a full respray.
Maybe it's a good thing or maybe it's hiding something.

I'm not a fan of cars being painted.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I bet that won't sell for anywhere near the asking price. You're in P1 and Type R money for 8k.

7.8k for what is basically a UK2000 with 80k miles is madness.
Yes. But prices are going up. And being a McRae this will be an investment. It's had a proper resto. Look at prices of mint r5 turbos . In 10yrs time classic mint scoobs will be £££££ IMO

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I know where you're coming from, however that body shop is top notch, just look at their website. No old scoob from the uk will be rust free so having had a resto is a good thing. There is a very nice low mileage v4 sti ra in stock with braveautos in japan grade 4. £5850 otr . I was weighing it up myself. http://www.braveautointernational.jp/vehicle-2/636/subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-v4-type-ra.html.
I want that car, I had my heart set on an Sti bug eye.
I'm not at work tomorrow so emails/phone calls will be made.

That RA is perfect for me, good enough to use now and a great base for me to give it some scottie loving. [emoji7]

Peugeot 308
Ahhhh!! This thing is the don of ph1's... I too, really hope it finds the hands of a decent owner.

Such a shame, but next up IMO for you... Mk1 Focus RS!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I know where you're coming from, however that body shop is top notch, just look at their website. No old scoob from the uk will be rust free so having had a resto is a good thing. There is a very nice low mileage v4 sti ra in stock with braveautos in japan grade 4. £5850 otr . I was weighing it up myself. http://www.braveautointernational.jp/vehicle-2/636/subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-v4-type-ra.html.
The white RA needs a bit of paint work, there is a "faults" picture section.
They also have this but there are fag burns in the seats, the white RA has mint trim but a few bits of rust.

The blue WRX STi V5 Type RA V-Limited (555 WRC Edition)
http://www.braveautointernational.jp/gallery-1982-630-46450.html#btm

Ahhhh!! This thing is the don of ph1's... I too, really hope it finds the hands of a decent owner.

Such a shame, but next up IMO for you... Mk1 Focus RS!
Thank you mate, id love a mint FRS but id want low miles and a couple of owners. Them type of cars demand more than i can afford.
I do love them though, they look epic.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Yes has few bits of surface rust in pics . You should check out jm imports. Check the auctions on their page. Some lovely classics go through auction.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So the clio was insured and tax today, it was great driving it again after it not being driven for the last 5 months.
The new steering wheel feels epic i must say and having the new lambda fitted means the car doesn't stall when coming to a standstill.

The thing flys, doesn't like being kept at low revs but when its on cam it just pulls and pulls, brings a smile to my face.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Ah, cheers bruv.

Got a bit carried away with myself.

I was trying to give any perspective buyer a full spec list without boring them to death.

Quite a hard thing to do.