ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scorpion RS192 Failed at mid section weld

Clio 182 FF
Hi Guys

I've just got off the phone with my mechanic who has told me the pipe where it enters the mid section box has cracked on the top and bottom.

Is this a common issue? Is it worth getting someone to Stainless Weld it for me? I like the exhaust as its not too noisy.

Thanks

LY 182
Yep happend to mine, 2 emails later and a new pipe is on my doorstep free of charge, havnt fitted it yet as the cars off the road but they are supposed to sound alot better aswell.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Check my progress thread out mate, I complained to Scorpion after mine cracked twice within a few months.

They have now re-designed the centre section so its now just a small sleeve silencer which wont crack. It sounds so much better, although it is slightly louder than previously. Just give them a call mate, the customer service they offer is probably the best I have experienced.

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
I got a free replacement from Scorpion as well! They said they would send one out to me and then collect the broken one once I had fitted the new one. I still have the broken one which occasionally gets used as an extension on the breaker bar LOL

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I got a free replacement from Scorpion as well! They said they would send one out to me and then collect the broken one once I had fitted the new one. I still have the broken one which occasionally gets used as an extension on the breaker bar LOL

I still have both of my old ones lol! One of them has only covered around 900 miles..

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
They wanted me to send back the broken one first and then they would send out a new one and I said that wouldn't work because I use the car every day so they just sent me a new one which is pretty good service!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
They wanted me to send back the broken one first and then they would send out a new one and I said that wouldn't work because I use the car every day so they just sent me a new one which is pretty good service!

They asked me to do that with mine the first time, I said exactly the same thing so they asked me to make a payment for the mid section of £149 and would refund it upon return.

I agreed to do that but at the time didn't have my wallet to hand so stated I would call the following evening to make the payment. I got home from work and the new system was sat there waiting for me. I called them to make the payment and was told not to bother and just return the old one.

Swapped them over, called them back and asked for a date for courier. Courier never arrived so it was just sat there.. System cracked again after a couple of months so they sent me another replacement of the new section and never said anything about sending the both back.

Clio 182 FF
Scorpion are sending out a replacement for tomorrow and have asked me to call when its swapped so they can pickup the old one!

Great customer service.

Clio 182 FF
The replacement that arrived this morning is exactly the same as the current one in terms of design but ill put it on and see how long it lasts.

I have the revised section on, much better quality build wise, trouble is my cat sits lower now, might just be mine, have new cat to mani kit on but Im still scraping speed bumps. Anyone else?

Only lowered on sportlines.