ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RyG's RB182.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Bumperdy Bump!

Still have this, amazingly almost a year now lol

It's currently SORN and will be for the next 2 years as I get my Golf R Estate soon.

I have some big plans for it, which will cost
me a bloody fortune if I grow balls big enough to pull the trigger.

For now though, washed and a going over with Tripple. Tomorrow I will have the wheels off and go to town on the arches.

Then I'll apply a few layers of Tough Coat and tuck t away in the garage until next year.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Because I think I am stupid. (It's such a nice car and a epic colour)

Typical "let's strip the car" because I'ts going to be epic.

I'd probably be faster than no one in the wife's Volvo S60. I'd of had fun as it was then deloped the car as I went on.

We had a proper hoot in sunglasses standard 182 at Bedford

All imo of course.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Because I think I am stupid. (It's such a nice car and a epic colour)

Typical "let's strip the car" because I'ts going to be epic.

I'd probably be faster than no one in the wife's Volvo S60. I'd of had fun as it was then deloped the car as I went on.

We had a proper hoot in sunglasses standard 182 at Bedford

All imo of course.

Your post makes no sense?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Heat Gun has been delivered. Will be removing all the sound deadening. Once that's done it will be headliner out to remove the sound deadening on the roof.

Then it's dash out, Windows taped up, and spraying the interior, more than likely white.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Heat Gun has been delivered. Will be removing all the sound deadening. Once that's done it will be headliner out to remove the sound deadening on the roof.

Then it's dash out, Windows taped up, and spraying the interior, more than likely white.

I wouldn't bother with the roof, at all. If you damage the roof skin even slightly it'll but the s**t out of you every time you walk up to the car. Not worth it for the weight equivlant of one big s**t.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I wouldn't bother with the roof, at all. If you damage the roof skin even slightly it'll but the s**t out of you every time you walk up to the car. Not worth it for the weight equivlant of one big s**t.

I thought there was a tone of sound deadening up there? Or is there not a lot ?

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I thought there was a tone of sound deadening up there? Or is there not a lot ?
2 panels. Like Rob said, in the grand scheme of things it won't be a huge amount of weight.
I've just pulled the headlining out, and it did pull a chunk of the sound deadening off with it. Otherwise unless you're looking to make up a second on your laps, I'd leave it be.

Then again, I might take the rest of mine out. Eventually. For s***s and giggles.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
2 panels. Like Rob said, in the grand scheme of things it won't be a huge amount of weight.
I've just pulled the headlining out, and it did pull a chunk of the sound deadening off with it. Otherwise unless you're looking to make up a second on your laps, I'd leave it be.

Then again, I might take the rest of mine out. Eventually. For s***s and giggles.

Fair point. I might leave that alone then, it will make the car look more aesthetically pleasing to look at anyway.

Like you though, this might be something I do 'because I can'. I'm really enjoying doing this so far, considering 2 days ago I had no idea how to remove a seat for instance.

My 'To do' list:

Remove sound deadening
Paint interior white
Re-fit dash etc and the drivers seat (so I can move it around for now)
Sort the ducting out for brake cooling, maybe also a cold air feed to the induction kit
Re-locate induction kit behind passenger headlight (along with cold air feed) a-la @Dr Jekyll
Fit the race dogbone mount I have
de-wiper the rear
Fit the WRARB

Then, once the cage arrives, get the cake, my alloys and my spare inlet/fuel rail guard powder coated. Unsure on colour yet, I may go white, or something more lairy. Wheels and cage will match, inlet I may go more subtle.

Once that lots done, It's buckets and harnesses and it's pretty much good to go 'technically'. From here I'll move on to polybushing everything, a proper suspension set up. Then see where it leads..

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Isn't it sad to do/see? 😧

I'm hoping to do the same once I finish uni and get something boring, but I think i'll be sad after having it as a daily for 4 years!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
subscirbed!

cant wait to see what you do with this.
theres some lovely rb's on here lately, i need to get my act together with mine

Cheers dude! I've wanted to do this for absolutely ages, so I plan on really going to town with it. But I also want to do as much myself as possible, as I've never done anything remotely mechanical before, so a good time to learn!