ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RyG's RB182.

M2 Comp
I'm really indecisive on the engine mount front. I'm tempted to go for a new OEM part, do they really not last that long?
I'm worries an aftermarket one may be too solid (vibration).

Just get them mate! Honestly, they make a world of difference, especially if your existing mounts are knackered. As long as they're fitted correctly the vibrations aren't too bad.

They seem to hold their money too, so you'll have no problem selling them on if you decide they're not for you.

:up:

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
No worries.

I had my tracking and balancing done after fitting new alloys/tyres today.

Subsequently I have bought some new ball joints and track rod ends.

I have vibratechnics engine mount and purple dogbone bushes and theres no added vibration (I have standard gearbox mount at present though) The only thing that causes big vibrations is my exhaust mount as I tigersealed the gaps up. Thats enough to vibrate the rear viee mirror and make my steering wheel feel like a vibrator!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I have vibratechnics engine mount and purple dogbone bushes and theres no added vibration (I have standard gearbox mount at present though) The only thing that causes big vibrations is my exhaust mount as I tigersealed the gaps up. Thats enough to vibrate the rear viee mirror and make my steering wheel feel like a vibrator!

I'm on the hunt for an engine/upper box mount now.

I also need new exhaust mounts. Quick question for everyone.. When ordering new mounts, is it just the rubber bit, or is it the full on unit that's fixed to the car?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Track rod ends and ball joints all changed. Proper pissed though. I got my tracking done before changing trackrod ends (how I knew they were shagged). Took it back the day after swap for the free re-check.

Get it back, happy days, get home and my wheel isnt on centre. I call them, 'something must have happened since you left' knobends. Where else do you take your car for tracking? This was Jet Tyres.

Also.. I have ordered a new climate unit and interior grab handles. Oh, and some eibach springs. Will get tracking re-done after the spring fitting.

Once all that and my belts are done, its engine miunts and exhaust, then cosmetic bits.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
  Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Update 25/08/2015

Fitted:

Track rod ends
Ball joints
New alloys and tyres
Silver visions all round
White side, interior, glove box and boot lights
Footrest

Awaiting fitment:

Cambelt
Aux Belt
Dephaser Pulley
Water pump
Spark Plugs
Eibach Springs
Engine Mount
Upper Gearbox Mount
Along with an oil and filter change
I also have new interior grab handles on the way, with a new climate control unit as my buttons have worn.

Yet to buy:

Cat-back
Exhaust Mounts

Nice to haves, as and when..

Replacement stripes
New matts
Steering wheel re-trim
Turini's
Trendlines
3/4 front plate (when I put my personal plates on)

I'm actively looking for a new exhaust now and have budgeted £450.00-ish! I will buy new mounts at the same time. Then it's all cosmetic (few paint touch ups) and the 'nice to haves'.

I also own 2 axle stands, but they're too big. When my Jack (trolley) is fully extended, my stands don't fit under the car. Megan bought them for me, not sure if they're for monster trucks or not! So I need 4 stands and wouldn't mind a second trolley jack. Any recommendations?

I also want a socket set.. But I think I may ask Santa to bring me one of those. We have just bought a house, so I'm getting moaned at for spending money on a shitty French tin. Meh!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Go to halfords and get the 200 piece socket set for £100 odd. It's a great kit and has everything you need.

Also get a low Jack and axle stands from there too. The total will be less than £150 I reckon :)

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Go to halfords and get the 200 piece socket set for £100 odd. It's a great kit and has everything you need.

Also get a low Jack and axle stands from there too. The total will be less than £150 I reckon :smile:

Once Im all moved in I'll be stocking up on stuff (love the idea of my own garage and man cave!).

I have also bought a rather nice exhaust and should be collecting this weekend. Not to mention new mounts etc.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Very well made systems. They are one of the better systems available for these.

Yeah so I've heard. A good fit was top of the list for me.

Also getting new mounts etc, so it should sit very well.

Update:

Had a bit of a play with the Clio today. Fitted a new climate unit as my one had worn buttons. Also fitted new grab handles as mine were minging.

Cleaned my steering wheel too. That was so rank! 6 jet blCk microfibres and half a bucket of brown later!

Finally I got round to buying 2 new bolts for the fuel guard as it was rattling still. Tight as now, so no more noises.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
image.jpg

So many parts.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Yeah its rear seats. Isofix was okay to remove, bolts rusty as hell underneith so wirewooled etc those.

I dont own anything big enough to get the seat bolt out, which sucks,

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Good to meet you today mate. Hope you enjoy the exhaust, look forward to seeing a couple of pics once you've got it fitted.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Update

Fitted the Eibach springs to the car and the new BTB exhaust. What a difference!

Turns out the spring on my drivers side wasn't even meant for a Clio, let alone a sport. The steering feels a lot better, I have no creaks or knocks. The exhaust sounds lovely.

Slight leak at the cat, so have ordered a cat fitting kit from Renault.

@Ash J - The exhaust is missing an allen key bolt for the exhaust which stops it slipping off the mount. Not essential by any means, but don't suppose you would have it would you?

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Sorry about this mate, must have been misplaced when it was taken off the car. Wouldn't know where it is.

I would guess it is a fairly standard size allen key bolt though? Thinking you could take the one you do have (assuming both aren't missing) and get another one from a fastenings store?

Apologies for the inconvenience :neutral:

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Sorry about this mate, must have been misplaced when it was taken off the car. Wouldn't know where it is.

I would guess it is a fairly standard size allen key bolt though? Thinking you could take the one you do have (assuming both aren't missing) and get another one from a fastenings store?

Apologies for the inconvenience :neutral:

S'alright! Only a nut lol. Will manage without, sure I could find one but I dont really need it.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Update time.

My car now has a new Cambelt, Aux Belt, Dephaser Pulley, Waterpump, Engine Mount, Upper gearbox mount, Oil & Filter change, Coolant change, along with the previously fitted springs and exhaust.

Fitted an ITG Moxogen induction kit yesterday too, which is a nice touch.

Plans have changed with this car. It will no longer be going off the road and being a track car. Me and my Mrs are going to keep this as the 'work horse' and buy a classic mini to have in the garage. It won't be a traditional restoration, it will have a massive cage, buckets, wide track etc etc. Unsure on engine spec, but there are a lot of tuning options on them.

We should be in our house within a few weeks (exchanging next week!), and we have 3K set aside to purchase the mini. I'm sure it will need some rust/rot repairs, so once the car is solid, the work can begin! Will make a new thread for that.

The 182 will remain very much the same, just serviced and driven.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I had a 1970's mini for 8 years bud, massive spec and lots of this stuff.

Mine was a 1380 running a single Weber 45 dcoe

http://www.kentautodevelopments.com/shop/category/a-series-and-classic-mini/

You were actuallyt top of my list of people to call when I start activley looking for a mini, I remember you had one before your PH1. Sold as unfinished project in the end didn't you for the PH1?

One question though, how on earth did you fit in it! haha I'm only little luckily (if my belly doesnt get in the way!)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
There's a surprisingly large amount of room in a mini, glad you're going down that route!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
There's a surprisingly large amount of room in a mini, glad you're going down that route!

It just made sense. Did everything I want it to (potentially can do anyway), and is relitivley cheap in comparison to others I was looking at.

Wonder if I could convince Steave to weld in new floors etc if it needs it haha

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It just made sense. Did everything I want it to (potentially can do anyway), and is relitivley cheap in comparison to others I was looking at.

Wonder if I could convince Steave to weld in new floors etc if it needs it haha

Haha, I'm forcing him to do mine now, we rolled it into his workshop the week. Gathered a list of a few more panels we will need. Then he's doing the subframe, whoop.

He's used to doing old camper vans so this should be easy!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Been a while since I updated this!

Still have the 182. Been around a long time now, almost 6 months! I also bought a motorcycle at the weekend, so the milage on this will increase even slower, only done a couple of thousand since buying it.

I've not really changed it much yet, but during the summer I have a few bits to tidy it up a little. Far too cold to do now though.

I have some replacement white stripes.

I also have some spare Bullets that will be getting sprayed white.

Sending a set of Turini's off to be refurbed next month, they're also going white, and maybe I'll finally fit my new RS style badge.

Apart from that, it's due a good bloody clean!